Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Magion's Crew (Of Witch Hunters) [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2012 5:00 AM

(This roleplay will encompass female Magion, whom is an entirely different character than male Magion, and her friends. I can't say who all will appear or where this will go. Namely, this is for fun and for me to remind myself of these old characters. It'll probably be pretty random.)

Magion approached the door to her luxury apartment, digging up the key from a pocket in her dress and jamming it into the lock with tired annoyance. It had been a really long day filled with wild goose chases and it was time for a good rest. The door unlocked with a quiet click and she slipped inside to flick on the lights, only to discover that she wasn't alone.

"What in the hell are you doing sitting in the dark?"

The man sitting on her sofa, Ark, only smiled at her as she entered the living room and flopped down in the sofa across from him. "What, you're not happy to see me? That just breaks my heart, Magion." His smile turned into a slight frown as he said this, mocking sadness.

"Don't fool around like that. You know it's not good for you to say things like that," the woman combated, glaring halfheartedly at her friend. "But, really, why are you here?"

"The case wasn't as complicated as everyone thought."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Re: Magion's Crew (Of Witch Hunters) [L]

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2012 5:57 AM

That was Ark for you. He was likely the youngest lawyer at his firm, but he was already revered as one of the very best. He deserved it, too, with how hard he worked, especially because he would always defend those that deserved it, even if they couldn't pay him through the nose. He wasn't like many of the selfish lawyers out there. Magion was always glad that he was on her side.

"If you got off work early, wouldn't you go to your own home, not mine?" Magion asked, removing the purple witch's hat from her head and throwing it onto a nearby table. Her fluffy ears wiggled in their freedom. "I might not have even come home tonight."

Ark shrugged, not bothered by the thought. "It was worth the attempt. Besides, we used to live together, so what's the big deal? Don't you miss me?"

"You live right next door. How could I possibly miss you?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2012 6:24 AM

"Well, if I do recall, when you woke up screaming or crying in the middle of the night, I was always the first one you looked for. How are you fairing now?" Ark replied, not taking his naturally black eyes away from his friend and former housemate. Even though things sounded extremely intimate between the two of them, and there was no denying that they loved one another, Magion and Ark had never once been romantically involved. Their love was something like being close siblings, never once did either of them think of the other in a romantic or sexual light.

A frown came to the woman's face, but she didn't respond otherwise.

"So it still happens," Ark easily deducted. "You're welcome to come and find me if it gets bad."

She shook her head. "It's not as easy as that. You're not a living room away anymore, and you're always working, so you need your sleep."

"That's no different then it was before. You said it yourself, I live right next door, and I have always been working like I am now. If anything, I get to be home a little more often now."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/30/2012 7:41 AM

When she had met Ark and brought him into her home, a much smaller apartment back then, after his family had up and disowned him, he had immediately found himself a job waiting tables at a pretty fancy restaurant in order to pay his part of the rent. Then came a second job waiting tables elsewhere, in order to help pay his way through school, making up for whatever his loans couldn't cover. He was certainly the hardest working normal man that she had ever met, he being 'normal' in that he was born mortal and without any innate powers or oddities of his own origin. Sure, he was born with a terrible curse, a curse that followed the men in his family, but it had nothing to do with him. Aside from the curse, and the fact that he could now borrow its power to temporarily inflict the same pain he felt onto others, Ark's only oddity was his association to the witch of death and, recently, his participation in her fight against the witch's council. Albeit, he wasn't the best physical fighter of the group, but he had the brains, and he certainly would fight when the situation called for it.

Either way, it was also only recently that the two moved into their own apartments, along with their third housemate, Sweka. Who, as one might of guessed, happened to live in the very same apartment complex. All being close enough to be family, none of them had the particular urge to be very far away from one another, though they were certainly overdue for finding better housing arrangements. In their previous apartment, the alien prince had to sleep on the couch or, more often then not, on a lounge chair out on the balcony.

Magion decided to drop the unpleasant topic in favor of a question, "Since you're here, would you like some dinner? You probably haven't had anything to eat since you go off, right?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate