Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

[28]

Postby Indigo » 03/24/2013 3:29 AM

In the split second before she hit the ground, Eve managed to shove the egg into her chest compartment and snap it closed. Then she curled into a ball, or as close as she could manage, and initiated a sequence she'd rarely had occasion to use; only once before that she remembered, in fact.

What hit the ground and rolled, therefore, was a white metal-and-plastic ball with occasional bits of gray and black, rather than the more expected dinosaur. She rolled until she bumped against a rock, then cautiously unfolded herself, retracting panels and rearranging limbs until she was a normal shape again. Now, where was--there! And, oh no, he'd fallen anyway. But at least she'd saved the egg. If Tristan had fallen with it in hand it would probably have smashed and been no good to them.

She scampered over. "Mr Tristan! Are you okay?! Maybe we shouldn't have gone up the tree."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Slot One: Palenski/Indigo

Postby Palenski » 03/24/2013 3:30 PM

Tristan blinked up at her, still dazed and a bit confused. "What happened to the egg?" he asked. He attempted to sit up, but soon realized that his efforts were fruitless, so he just flopped back down onto the ground and waited for the world to slow down.

He rubbed his eyes. "I agree, that particular tree is a bit dangerous." He suddenly punched the air with one fist and said, "We should put up a sign, so people know to be careful! We don't want anyone to hurt themselves!"

Speaking of which. He did a quick mental scan of his body, making sure nothing was broken. The last time he'd broken something, he'd turned to strawberry jelly for three days. But everything seemed to be fine, save a few bumps and bruises. No jelly today.
ImageImageImage
Palenski
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 66
Donate

[29]

Postby Indigo » 03/25/2013 12:44 AM

"Oh, you don't need to worry about the egg," Eve said cheerfully. Tristan seemed to be all right, or at least not irreparably damaged, and she thought herself pretty good at assessing such things. "I grabbed it before the branch could break, and it's in the box with the other two. That's three we have now! That's got to be worth something, right?"

She jumped back when he punched the air; she hadn't been expecting any sudden movements. "Uh, yeah, definitely! But I don't have any materials to make a sign right now. They definitely aren't the kind of thing I carry around with me. So we'd have to do that another time."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Previous