Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Welcome To Family Dinner [Private] [Millie and I]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/12/2013 4:10 AM

Not all that much time had passed since Wixxen was officially deemed expectant with Tsume's children. Her physical appearance had primarily remained unchanged, although she felt mildly fatigued, more easily drained, and she was already aware that her breasts had grown more sensitive to the touch, which spelled minor disaster when selecting clothing for the day. If there were any notable and obvious signs to outsiders, it was something only Tsume and others with a sensitive nose would pick up on. Her changing hormones already had altered her natural scent, it spelling out quite plainly that she was with child. Her sense of smell wasn't all that great, but she just had the sense of knowing that she was going to be a mother. With the changes rolling around, and her expecting even more of them any time soon, she felt that it was time to take Tsume up on his offer. She had yet to explain to any of her family of sorts, made up out of her friends with no blood relations, that she even was pregnant, but it was something she couldn't continue to hide. The wiccan decided it best to introduce them to her soon-to-be children's father and then drop the news on them.

She had spent the better part of the day in preparation for the up coming "family dinner." During the earlier portion, Wixxen had been accompanied to the grocery store by Maron, whom did such as a better way to apologize for not being able to make it. The three siblings were going out with Cerisathe for training, as well as to cover for the absence of Magion and Wixxen out in the field. The witch's activities never seemed to rest. Then, the afternoon was spent prepping and cooking, with Magion's help. As everything was arranged, Wixxen had gone off to meet with Tsume. They had already agreed on the date and time, but she insisted on going with him rather than leaving him with directions and expecting him find the address on his own. He was was easily capable of it on his own, but, for her, it made things less awkward, and meant that she could dodge some of the questions Magion presented her with. If nothing else, the witch of death seemed excited to meet the "infamous Tsume," that Wixxen had often ran off to go meet with.

"Remember, Tsume, please don't push wanting to experiment on them," Wixxen reiterated as the pair approached the large apartment building that Wixxen and the others deemed home. After coming to this mortal realm, they found that things of valued remained the same, and decided that an entire apartment complex would be best suited for them. That way, everyone had their own home, but they all still technically lived together. Additionally, the lower level was full of smaller apartments that they rented out, which acted as additional, spare income. "I'm wanting things to go well. The last thing I need is for them to dislike you entirely and freak out about our arrangement." As she spoke, she guided him to the stairs and up to one of the upper, middle floors. "Oh, we're also having the dinner at Magion's place, not my own. It's a tradition." That, and she didn't yet want him knowing exactly where her home was, less he try to steal back all of the lighters that she continued to steal away from him and hide in various vases. She was dead set for Tsume not to smoke around her now, especially, less the secondhand smoke upset the fragile balance of her body. As the closed in on the door, she asked on inevitable question, "Is there anything else you want to know before we go in?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Welcome To Family Dinner [Private] [Millie and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/12/2013 5:03 AM

(Ref 1, Ref 2, Ref 3)

Tsume was dragged along to the family dinner. For all intents and purposes, it could very well have been one of his own ‘family dinners,’ in which Shale would entreat, his mother would threaten, and his father would find everything very amusing; in this case, however, he was not so much being forced as he’d…did he volunteer for this? He felt more like he was being forced. He rubbed the side of his head, fingers catching on the faint stitch-like scars that ran under his eyes, and rolled the end of his cigarette along his lips. It wasn’t lit (because he hadn’t smoked properly since Wixxen had taken to following him around upon her arrival at the bureau), but it was ever-present, and it wasn’t something that even Wixxen, in all her annoying glory, could take away from him. When he’d informed some of his cohorts of his plans to have children, and subsequently, who was going to bear them, there had been mixed reactions. Marie had squealed and happily gushed about how perfect Wixxen was for him; Nim had choked on her own spit and nearly fallen over laughing; Spirit had looked appalled and horrified; and Shale had looked torn between worrying about his sanity, and congratulating him on a new family.

He had no doubt that his brother had informed his mother (if the threatening phone call was any indication) and that sometime soon he’d be forced to introduce Wixxen to his family, but for now, he was settling for meeting her family (even if he wasn’t interested in them in the least; although they might be very interesting to study). He rolled his gaze to the woman who trotted at his side; his hands were stuffed into the pockets of his white lab coat, something she’d been unable to force him to forego, and he hadn’t bothered dressing out of the norm; a loose tie, button up shirt, slacks and a pair of (believe it or not) sneakers comprised his regular outfit; he didn’t think these people were worth dressing up for. Very few gained that honor, save for visiting Spirit or Demon World dignitaries. Sighing to himself, Tsume slouched along dutifully, quietly amusing himself with various formulas and future ideas for experiments, when Wixxen’s voice cut through his thoughts. “I don’t agree to that,” he intoned immediately, his voice as flat as always. He didn’t spare her a look. “But I’ll…refrain if I must.” There were so many things he could be doing right now instead of this; so many more interesting, scientific things…

His fingers closed around the scalpel in his pocket, and he itched to head back to his lab where he could lock himself away and properly continue conducting his experiments, but he had made a promise to Wixxen, after all (even if he didn’t really like that promise) and he was nothing if not honorable (although many would contest that). In this case, he didn’t feel inclined to break his promise, as it might result in the loss of his future heir. He was not keen on abandoning his experiment quite yet. “I don’t really care if they like me or not. I agreed to meet them as you requested; that was all. Although I would feel much better about this if you’d give me my lighter back.” He didn’t think he’d get it, but it was worth a try. Following her dutifully, he mildly examined his surroundings, looking unimpressed (mostly looking bored) and silently catalogued all the different energies he felt within the building, filing them away for later study. “I don’t require anymore information at this time,” he informed her blandly, pushing his glasses up his nose so the glare hid the sharpness of his gaze. He would rather enjoy cataloguing and looking up each of her ‘friends,’ as she called them, when he returned to his lab. He could make a useful database from each of their individual profiles; all the better to take them out at a later date, should they prove to be a problem. Tonight would be quite informative, indeed.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Welcome To Family Dinner [Private] [Millie and I]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/13/2013 5:11 AM

Sighing, as Wixxen found that she happened to do a lot these days while seemingly attached to Tsume's hip, she shook her head. "I know you never agreed for them to like you, but it would make things easier if they didn't hate you. These are the people I have to see every day, that any child that I raise will call their aunts and uncles." She considered something for a moment, before offering Tsume a half smile, despite his sharp, disinterested gaze. "Perhaps... I'll consider giving one of your lighters back, if things aren't a disaster. As long as you refrain from smoking around me, still. I don't want to inhale second hand smoke, especially while in this... state. I don't even stand in front of the microwave now." Every common precaution, outside of still having done her job of chasing down witches, locating lost souls and all of that, she had already began to take. If she was going to be a mother, she was going to do it well.

That said, she didn't really give the man room for complaint, as she knocked on the door that they found themselves outside of. Even if they were family, she made a point not to enter the others' homes without announcing herself, with a few exceptions. Behind the door, she could hear Magion's voice, shouting out her request to someone else, "Sweka, can you get the door? It must be them!" Which was shortly followed by the jiggling of the knob and the door swinging wide open, a green skinned, six-foot-something man standing there in the door way.

[Temporary pet form.]
[Ref 1, Ref 2, Ref 3]

He towered well over Wixxen, but the two greeted one another with friendly smiles. Even his curious gaze toward Tsume was friendly, although it hid his uncertainty regarding the other man's appearance. Out of the men in the family, Sweka was known for being the most hospitable and genuinely friendly, something that she was secretly happy for right about now. With a sweeping gesture, the alien invited them in, "Come in. Magion and Ark are just finishing setting the table."

Rather than wasting time with multiple introductions, Wixxen skipped right to the, "Thank you," and followed him inside. The living room that they immediately stepped into was spacious and immaculately clean. If nothing else, Magion kept a very tidy home, now much due to the fact that Cerisathe was a bit of a neat freak. The primarily white furniture complemented the brightly painted walls well, like something out of a home magazine. It was lucky that Magion's and Cerisathe's taste in colors went together so well.

"If you'd excuse me, I'm going to go drag Ribbith out," Sweka added after a moment, departing from the two to wander off down a connecting hallway across the room.

"The dining room is this way," Wixxen pointed out, heading in that direction. Knowing that this was the last thing Tsume really wanted to be doing, she figured jumping right to it rather than making a bunch of small talk was the best idea. "Only half of the family is joining us today. Four of them are out tonight, working in mine and Magion's place. Earlier today, there were signs of two witches on the prowl that needed to be dealt with. We found out their location, so they're handling it. Maron and Scythe needed some more practice anyway." She'd only referred to Magion's children a few times before, though she was quite certain that Tsume remembered what she told him, if not just to catalog them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate