Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Peace and Quiet, for a change...(Open, please join :))

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/25/2013 11:29 AM

Aspen
Jane

The tall man in the dark, long coat looked somewhat misplaced, standing at the rim of the shadows of the trees, watching the bright and sunny scenery around him sceptically. He seemed very tense for someone who obviously was here with his...well...Jane was not his daughter, but no one could have known that. The small girl stood next to him, a huge grin plastered all over her face. She finally convinced her guardian to do something fun for a change! Seriously, everyone needed a break now and then, right? right.

And they deserved it. Thinking back, Aspen still was almost shocked that they managed to leave the continent.
After Yoshi, a Shinobi Jane met, helped them with a particulary dangerous headhunter, they actually hopped on a plane, and now where here in Lambastia for a few days now. Nothing had happened yet, and Jane convinced him that going to the park just once could not hurt. Aspen finally gave in. Of course he knew the calm was an illusion, and that they could very well be on the run any moment again, which made him nervous. But Jane was a child.He could not always keep her in hotel rooms and constant fear. No, a bit of interaction with people her age would maybe get at least a bit of light into her far too troubled life.

Jane still stood next to him, and, watching some other people passing by in the sun, suddenly seemed a little
unsure about the whole situation. "Go ahead" Aspen said, giving her a, for his standarts warm look. "they wont bite...I guess." Jane smirked, and made a few steps forward, before stopping "but...are you sure nothing will happen? I mean... with my dad being..." Aspen looked down at her. "I am very close by. I promise you, nothing will happen to you, okay?" there was her smile again. "okay!" and with that, she jumped off towards her own small adventure, with Aspen following her slowly, never leaving her out of sight. He still seemed even more uneasy then before...

(okay so...I'd love to do a somewhat lighthearted rp here, maybe Jane could just team up with
some other kids or something along those lines? because these two had and have quite a dark time behind/ahead of them, so....yeah. Oh, and Kitsumi, if you read this, hope the vague mention of Yoshi is allright^^)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Re: Peace and Quiet, for a change...(Open, please join :))

Postby Feint » 06/27/2013 1:17 AM

((ohoho what have we here)) ((not exactly her age, but young still. that ok?))

Hero turned his head to the sound of smaller feet.

"Hullo," he said. What a cute little girl, and what a pleasant surprise. He had fully expected to walk right by the park on his way to the bus stop as he usually did, ears tucked and head down. He never liked being alone, and ever since his handler saw him out on his own--he didn't think it was fair, he was hardly an adult at all--he'd had far too much of that.

He was a protective sort, so he quickly scanned the area for some sort of adult guardian. It was not safe for a child to be out on her own in any place, what with all the crazies these days. The sight of a dark man in a large coat tingled his fur at first, but he quickly realized that that was who was watching her. Hero offered the man a quick smile, then turned his attention back to the little girl.

"What's your name?" he asked, smiling.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/27/2013 5:48 PM

(Why, hello there XD yeah of course thats okay :)!)
Jane tilted her head when she was greeted, looking at the Kuhna curiously, before walking closer to him.
Actually, Jane was quite happy that h made the first step. While she was aching to get out, meet new people and play, she actually was...well...not entirely sure how good she was in approaching strangers. If she was not crashing head first into them, that was.

"oh, hello!" she said, even giving a small wave towards the newcomer. She caught the short glance of Hero towards Aspen, and the very quick wave of uneasiness of the Lanky Kuhna. "Ah, just ignore his grumpy stare...
he uhm...likes to do that" she said alomst apologetic. When asked her Name, she beamed "I'm Jane! whats your name?" and, without giving him much of a chance to answer to her first question, added "do you come heere often?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/27/2013 6:11 PM

"Oh, that's all right," Hero said with a chuckle, "I just wanted to make sure you weren't here on your own. It's a big place for a kid."

It was, indeed. The park had been the former site of a forest fire that never quite grew back right, giving developers plenty of room to roam. He was almost nervous being in it alone himself, and he wasn't quite as young as she was. Had some parent indeed left her there alone, he would have give them quite the scolding.

"Nice to meet you, Jane," he said, offering a hand to shake, "My name's Hero. I walk by every day, but I don't often come into the park itself--does that count?"

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/28/2013 5:59 PM

(very small post, sorry :/)

Jane took the offered paw and shook it "Hero? thats a very cool name" she exclaimed.
She tilted her head slightly "Shure that counts too. I mean, its the first time I ever got here,
so.." she trailed off with her thoughts for a second, before asking womewhat shyly.
"uhm...do you think you can like...show me the park a bit? It will be fun, I'm sure!"
she looked at him hopefully

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 06/28/2013 6:07 PM

(eh. short post is better than no post.)

"Thanks!" he said, grinning. His adoptive father had given him the name, and he was very proud of it. He wanted to be a hero someday, just like he was...

"Of course I can," Hero answered. "Have you tried the swings before? They're on the playground area over there, and they used to be my favorite when I was younger." He decided to neglect mentioning that his favorite part about swinging was actually launching off at the peak of the forward arc, lest she take it as a lesson and hurt herself. He had broken a leg doing that once, not that it stopped him.

He smirked to himself quietly. Boys.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/03/2013 7:01 PM

(so sorry for the delay :/)

She smiled widely "oh, swings sound like fun!" she said exitedly. It had been a while since she was on an actual
playground before, but she could remember the rush she felt on those devices. among other things. "I mean...
well...I did fall off of them some time ago" she seemed to muse about that posibility for a short moment, before adding "but I guess I'll give it a second try" she did not really seem to be afraid of the possibility to hurt herself, rather seeing it as a challange. and with that, she already was joyfully hopping towards the playground.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/03/2013 8:16 PM

(it's ok! I'm about to have one myself, it's my birthday on the 5th :3)

"You can fall if you like," Hero said as he walked, only a step or two behind her. "The sand will keep you from getting hurt. Most playgrounds have tanbark, and that hurts when you fall on it." How he hated tanbark! It got to the point where he refused to set foot inside a play area at all if it had any sections with tanbark in it. He was sick to death of playing for two minutes and pulling out splinters for five.

The swings were very tall swings, giving adults enough space to swing for a very great distance should they choose to do so. The park, overall, was very well done, having been a hotspot for families for generations, so there was no shortage of things for the pair to do. Hero himself was a little bit excited.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/05/2013 5:12 PM

(oh! happy birthday! :D)
While the rest of the playground was indeed quite exiting, she seemed to not get second thought while going straight for the Swings. Aspen followed them slowly, but stayed at a distance, to not interrupt the two of them.

"Oh, I guess you're right. Tanbark really is...not so much fun" she said, while climbing on one of the Swings
quickly. She looked at Hero with a bit of a challanging gleam in her eyes. "All right. lets see who cal swing higher, okay?" she grinned widely. It did not really seem to occur to her that Hero was older and stronger then her, and that she had no chance in winning a 'race' like that. Or...she simply did not care who won.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 07/06/2013 6:35 PM

He'd forgotten they were going swinging; his eye had gotten distracted staring at what appeared to be a deluxe slide set. One in particular was clearly for adults, but he had no doubt some foolish parents let their children go on it. He had been wondering how many people had gotten hurt.

Her voice snapped him out of it, and he responded with a chuckle. "I'm gonna win!" he said as he popped up into one of the seats, chains clinking away, him grinning mischievously. He was already planning to let her beat him, but it was so much fun to tease.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/08/2013 6:19 PM

"nu-uh!" she called, giggeling while trying to gain hight on the swing as quickly as possible.
A famous thought, that every child that ever sat on a swing at least once had, popped into her head. If she tried hard enough, would she manage to flip over with the swing? most likely not...the swing was a bit too tall, she figured. still, it was a fun thought.

she looked over at her 'rival' to monitor his progress. "you said that you pass by here often" she said, curious as ever "do you live arround here?" In her oppinion, it would be the coolest thing ever to live even remotely close to a park like this...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate