Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Breathing Underwater

Postby Skeetzybug » 04/22/2014 3:09 AM

He was going to do it this time. He was absolutely, positively going to do it.

A small, blue figure sat in front of the park's pond. His two tails twitched wildly behind him, and he stared down with intensity. Yes. The water moved gently, reflecting light from the midday sun off its surface in a glimmer. Yes, today was most definitely, certainly the day.

Oh, ffFFFFF- MAYBE NOT. The second his front half hit the water, Adrian regretted even trying. His paws flailed around wildly, finding no hold, and his back claws dug into their hold on the small wooden outcrop. He sputtered, yowling at himself, trying to pull himself back up, but having no luck. Crap, crap, crap, nononono auugghhh! Surface slippery from the splashing water, his back paws finally lost their grip, and followed the rest of him into the pong. For a split second, he was completely immersed. Nope. NOPE.

It took him no time at all to spin back around, claws digging into the post that held the dock-like structure up and pull himself out. He flopped onto his belly, heaving breath, and regretting that decision immensely. This was ridiculous. Stupid water, being so fluid and too deep and so... so stupid! Adrian grumbled quietly to himself as he began to groom the water off, glaring at the droplets as though they had done him some personal wrong. Pah, stupid was right.

Who wanted to swim, anyway?

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Re: Breathing Underwater

Postby SpringsSong » 04/22/2014 10:24 AM

This was one of her favorite places to come.

Maybe it was because parks had such wonderful scenery, or maybe it was because it was just a warm day that she couldn't imagine spending indoors.  Nevertheless, the Arkuhna sat there with a canvas before her, her paintbrush hanging thoughtfully from her mouth as she thought.  She was trying to think of something to paint today, but nothing seemed to be coming to mind.

Then, she heard a bit of a commotion coming from the pond.

Instantly, the Arkuhna dropped her brush and headed toward the dock, her eyes concerned.  She saw a Hydrokuhna flop onto the dock-like structure, and she dashed closer, her eyes concerned.

"Are you all right?" she called, hoping that the Hydrokuhna could hear her, and would respond.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 04/25/2014 1:19 AM

Oh great - someone had spotted his perfect failure. He was hoping that by some miracle, that wouldn't be the case. If only he hadn't opened his big mouth and made so much noise, maybe that would have been the case, but no. He'd had to panic, yet again. Stupid phobias..

"Yes," he called back, still dripping in that bizarre, upwards way that Hydros seemed to. He shook his back paw rapidly as he spoke, voice shaking with the force. "Just f-f-FINE, thank you!" He sounded crabby, and that was quite because he was. Not at her, no, the concern wasn't what he minded. It was the fact that he needed it in the first place that bothered him. "Just being an idiot, no need for concern!" He stood up, giving the other back paw a shake, though it all seemed to no avail. Water stuck to him like glue, due to the nature of his coat. Ugh - water was so pretty when you looked at it. Why did it have to be so unpleasant when it touched you?

[[OOC: Sorry for the wait, last few days were a bit crazy writing wise, I got a bit burnt out! Ready to go again now~]]

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/25/2014 11:25 AM

((It's fine, no worries~))

The Arkuhna had to tilt her head in concern when the Hydrokuhna said that there was no need for concern and that he was "just being an idiot".  She slowed to a walk, and then to standing, her head still tilted as she sat down, her eyes fixed on the Hydrokuhna.

"If you're sure that you're all right..." she said, her head returning to a normal position.  His reaction certainly had her puzzling, as though he hadn't wanted to be seen.  This caused a frown to form, and she rubbed a paw across her face.  This, of course, led to some paint being smeared across her face, as there had been some on her paw.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate