Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Circus folk is always fun, right? (P, Sappheara and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/05/2014 6:57 PM

(oh dear god, the title XDD sorry)

Vika

Gee

Gee rolled around in his bed, groaning and shielding his eyes with one of his tatooed arms, trying to block out the sun that was falling through the small window in his trailer. someone, or...something had woken him, at this undoubtedly redciculously early hour. Knockknockknock right, Knocking. Knocking on his door, and whoever was doing that seemed quite annoyed. "I'm coming, chill!" he groaned, de tangled himself from the sheets and opened the door, blinking against the bright later noon sunlight. "whatdoyouwant?" he grumbled.
In front of him stood a petite woman in a colourful, beautyfully flowing outfit, her hands stemmed into her hips and glaring at him. "I want you to get ready! our show starts soon, your act is in a few hours, you fool" she hissed, angry, but also worried. Gee always found her way of...wording things kind of funny. "Show what.." The man looked over the field, spotting the brightly coloured circus tent and looked back to Vika, his eyes slowly widening. "First show here is today?!"  he gasped, obviously mortified, and slammed the door into vicas face, cursing loudly and scrampling noisily in his trailer.

a few hours later, Vika looked over at the slowly forming crowd and smiled, while making her way towards the backstage part of the tent. The first show in a town was almost the most important and exiting. and with them being so close to Terrace Park, there was no wonder that they had such a big crowd...
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 12/05/2014 10:17 PM

Talulan and her familiar, Damaya were excide today. They received tickets to go see the circus, one of those rare things they did. The young Vesterka could just imagine all the interesting shows that the circus would perform. She never been to a circus before and always dreamed of going and it finally came true when her youngest brother, Jolon, sent her two tickets, one for her and the other for Damaya. They were almost to the park were the circus was set up. Talulan looked behind her were her familiar trailed slightly behind. "We need to hurry, Damaya, the circus is going to start any minute. I don't want to be late for the first show! Why must you be in your animal form, your human form is much quicker." She could already see a large crowd already at the park where the circus was already set up and opened. Damaya didn't make a comment to Talulan but looked straight ahead and continued to walk at her own pace.

Damaya was excided too, but not to the point where she was in a hurry and started to irritate her companion. She didn’t know why Talulan ask her about her form when she knew that Damaya preferred her natural form. They came to the front entrance of the circus and handed the tickets over to the man who was collecting them. Damaya had to move quickly around the people to void being step on. For some reason no one seemed to notice her or they were just completely ignoring the small furry creature. Just because she was an animal didn’t mean she didn’t have feelings or couldn’t feel pain. She was almost to the point where she wanted to shift into her human form and throw a flask of pheromones at them. Those were her favorite potions to use. She could just imagine a group of seagulls bombarding the circus and attack all the stupid humans. They weren’t here to cause trouble but to be entertained by the performers. Damaya watch as Talulan entered the closest tent and followed behind.

{1.1} | {1.1}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2164
Donate

Re: Circus folk is always fun, right? (P, Sappheara and I)

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/07/2014 6:00 PM

Vika peered through a slit in the planes of the backstage part of the tent, seeing that the ranks where filling up quickly. She was up first, and the familiar tingle in her tummy that she got every time right before a show set in. by now, she thought, she should be used to it. But she never lost that little spark of excitement. It was what kept her going, after all. Turning her head, she smiled re assuringly at Gee. it was the first time they had a combined act, and they both felt a bit nervous. Gee grinned his best grin however, calming her down. They where both professionals...even it Gee was slightly insane at times. her thoughts where interoupted by the voice of the Ringleader, Olviver, announcing her act. Showtime.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Welcome to the 'Flying House Circus'." Oliver boomed "I Promise you a world full of wonder today, of illusions, excitement and mystery, all combined under one Roof. I'm your humble
host today, but this show is not as much about me, but rather about our skilled Artist!" he went on about some safety precautions and general bombast, before finally, he said "But I am blubbering, my dear audience. So without Further ado, our beautiful Vika. The Girl who walks on air!" que the lights, musik, and Vika stepped out on the stage, beaming from ear to ear and waving hello. She scanned the crowd. In all her years performing, she still picked someone in the audience to focus on. It helped her concentrate somehow. This time, it was actually a group of people, with one small Furry animal at their side. She smirked wider and winked at the two girls, before climbing the pole leading to the high ropes, or as she put it, her playgrounds.
The ropes she would be walking really where thin enough to almost disappear, making it seem that she indeed was walking on air. She took a last look at 'her' girls, the stretched out her metallic arms and stepped on her rope, beginning her act.

(okay, so...I'm not sure how they would meet up. maybe something goes wrong in Gees and vikas shared performance, and Talulan and Damaya could help or something? I dunno :/)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 12/09/2014 4:55 AM

Talulan spoke in a slight whisper to Damaya as she watched the tightrope walker. “You know I believe she looked at us.” She smiled with excitement. She couldn’t even see the rope the performer was going to use. It made Talulan nerves to watch but excited at the same time. She wondered how long it took these performers to prefect their performance. She heard that sometimes performers have had mishaps but that was more of the equipment malfunctioning on them, or that the ones who set the equipment up, not thoroughly checking to make sure that the equipment is safe. Damaya had disrupted Talulan’s train of thought with an irritated tone. “You do know that she isn’t looking at us. There are thousands of people in this tent watching the performance. She just happened to look in this direction. Hell, she could be staring at that man over there stuffing those hotdogs in his mouth.” Damaya pointed at the man who's eating the hotdogs. Talulan turned and looked at the man who started stuffing a second hotdog into his mouth. Damaya scuffed at the idea that any of the performers would notice any of them. The familiar didn’t want to be negative towards Talulan but her Vesterka was too optimistic about everything. She had to make Talulan see that not everything had a bright side. No matter what, Damaya couldn’t and didn’t believe that anyone would notice them.

(Having an accident after their performance and Talulan & Damaya helping them sounds good to me. )
{1.2} | {1.2}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/12/2014 12:49 PM

Vika proceeded with her show as usual, performing several acrobatics that she knew where a hit with the audience, but nothing new to her. To her and her colleagues, their acts where almost routine. that of course did not mean that they where easy to do. And she heard of a lot of people who got too confident and had accidents because they lost the respect of the task itself. She enjoyed her performance almost as much as the audience, but she also felt nervous. Whenever something new was added to the routine, she got that strange pulling feeling in her stomach, a mixture of slight fear and exitement.

Gee then stepped out on the stage. He also grinned at the audience, but soon focused on Vika, who seemed to hover up there. He also was nervous. Juggeling knives was a risky business in and on itself. But altho the man was a daredevil and slightly malicious, he felt uneasy. usually the worst thing that could happen was that he hurt himself. now someone else was involved, and all tho they did use dulled practice knives, they still could hurt her, and that put him on edge.

He started none the less, first doing a bit of juggling himself, then throwing a few knives up to vika, who caught them and juggeled too. they then proceeded to juggle the knives between the two, having a total of 6 blades flying back and forth between the performers. at one point tho, close to the end of the act, one knife flew too low, bounced of the rope and fell to the floor. nothing too dramatic, little hickups happened.
Vika could feel however that something was not quite okay with her rope anymore. trying to ignore it, she told herself that it was only a matter of moments before the act was done, and focused on Gee and the task on hand.

(sorry for the late reply :()

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 12/14/2014 12:00 AM

There was a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach. She didn’t understand why that feeling all of sudden started when she watched both the performers doing their act. “Damaya, I have a strange feeling about this performance.” Her familiar just rolled her eyes at the comment. The smaller champion spoke up with a bit of sarcasm in her voice. “No, Talulan there nothing wrong here. Everything in this Circus is completely normal.” Talulan gave Damaya a slight shove for her sarcasm. “I don’t need your sarcasm, Damaya. When I say I have a strange feeling I don’t mean that. I can’t put my finger on it but for some reason, it feels like something bad is going to happen somewhere in this area. Maybe around the circus itself.” Talulan looked around the crowded tent then at the performers. It probably wasn’t anything serious. She had these feelings before but it always turned out to be nothing but her nerves. She push the feeling a side and watched the performers with interest.

(No worries ^_^)
{1.3} | {1.3}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/15/2014 1:52 PM

surprisingly, the act itself ended without any dramatic occurunces. Vica threw back the knives when the time was up, and bowed to the audience. the idea was that their acts kind of transitioned from one to the other. Leaving no break, so to speak. however, once the audience was sure to focus on Gee and Vika was making her way to the other side of the rope, she tripped. she never tripped. ever. her eyes widened in shock while she desperately tried to find her balance back. Indeed, she caught back her footing, but was unable to fake her performance face. The reson for that was that the rope slacked far more then it should, making it very hard to keep balance, even for her. and the way to the next pole was quite far. She threw a nervous glance at Gee. he understood that something was up, but not what, and tried his best to analize the situation. what made matters worse was that Vika did not admit that she was scared, or blew the thing of. instead, in her performer pride, she stubbornly tried to reach her destination, regardless of being fully aware how dangerous that was...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/14/2015 2:46 PM

Talulan watched with amazement at the performers. This was something that made life fun, seeing all the things people could do with practice. She had an odd feeling that something was wrong then again her instincts were never hundred percent. She elbowed Damaya to get her attention, since Damaya seemed to be in her own world. “Does this performance seem normal to you or am I over thinking things?” Talulan knew what her companion would say; it’s always her and never the problem at hand. “They seem fine to me and they’re doing their jobs. That’s what the circus plays them to do, get the audience attention, keep them enthralled. If you’re that worried about something going wrong why don’t go down there and speak to the one on the ground?” Talulan gave Damaya a surprised look from her comment. This was something she didn’t expect from Damaya, the negative one in the group. Without a second thought, Talulan got up from her sit, grabbed Damaya and walked down to the outside of the center of where the performers did their act. Talulan wasn’t sure which performer to speak with but decide ask the man that was standing on the ground that was performing with the tightrope walker. “Excuse me Sir, is everything alright?” She tried to speak over the music, Talulan couldn’t be sure if he heard her or not.

(Sorry for the long wait. I hope you don't mind if I introduce the characters now.)
{1.4} | {1.4}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate