Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Charity Event [Freezair and I]

Postby Freezair » 03/26/2016 6:22 PM

Just as quickly as it set in, with a little bit of ice and water, the drunkenness seemed to be fading from Vermeer. There really did seem to be something mystical about that wine. Of course, it still left the customary headache with its passing, and Vermeer blinked.

"Ooof. That'll teach me to go crazy with wine in public. But I thank you. They say that drinking is just borrowing happiness from tomorrow. Except in this case, I think I borrowed happiness from half an hour in the future." He licked at the ice block Rygar made for him and blinked. "Mr. Lu Dongbin. I sense we've had similar experiences. Talk to me. I think listening to someone speak might help this headache subside."

Rygar actually lept to answer Zhongli's question before Tropicos did. "Yes. Where we're from, many different kinds of creatures can have families together, and the children have traits of both parents. It was very strange. Their mother was a creature of this world, but seemed to have traits of two different species from mine which appeared in our children."

Tropicos waited patiently for his father to finish and continued. "I can't control plants, no. I shoot ice and lightning like my pops!"

"Yeah," Diva agreed. "My beams are kinda related to that lightening. But they are pinker!"

She whistled at Li and Zhang's suggestions. "Oh man! You talkin', like, one of those crazy concerts with the fog machines and beams and flashpots? I dunno if that'd go with your music, but it WOULD be cool. That'd get people's attention! Of course, that'd cost more money that wouldn't be going to charity! And innit that the point, eh?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/29/2016 1:26 AM

Lu Dongbin smiled a bit, moving closer to Vermeer's side. "Well...this sword I'm wearing is mostly decorative, although it is meant to give me a bit of an authoritative air." It wasn't completely a lie. A strike from his sword would do nothing to a mortal beyond slight bruising, since it was meant to hunt spirits. Then again, the line between mortal and spirit had become quite blurred over the years. "But when I was much younger, I trained with a much more deadly blade. And I was told that its purpose was to kill." He paused. "It took me a long time to question it. I am glad that I met Zhongli. It was his teachings that taught me that I did not have to kill, and that did not mean there was nothing I could do..."

"Really?" asked Zhongli, looking fascinated. "That is most interesting! Would you say they take almost completely after the creatures of your world, or do they also possess some traits from their mother?"

"Lightning, huh? Cao might like that," noted Zhang. "He likes to refer to the sound of his castanets as the sound of thunder sometimes. As a matter of fact, I think we actually did promise him that we'd get him lightning as a backup if we could find it."

"We did," noted He. "But...I'd feel awkward asking a guest to help perform for us. No matter how enthusiastic they were," she added with a gentler grin.

[9]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/29/2016 10:15 PM

"Hmm," Vermeer said. "I was lucky in my way. I was not trained to kill the same way you were. I was trained to be not a warrior, but a gladiator--one who fought for sport, not conquest. We allegedly fought not to injure or harm, simply to show our strength. And yet... Death was a constant specter over what we did. A strong blow, overwork... I saw others die in the ring. I saw my fellows pushed to the brink of death by uncaring trainers. At least you sound as if you fought to protect others. What did I fight for? Bread and circuses." He let out a long, rattling, headache-filled breath.

And yet it wasn't all bad, Vermeer thought. Not all monsters fought viciously or were ill-treated. Look at the enthusiasm with which that Tiger discusses your old world. He was a fighter as well and he clearly relished it. But he does not seem bloodthirsty--he is merely an athlete. Some of us had it better than others, it is true...

That athlete marveled at Zhongli's question, seeming surprised by the answer himself. "In appearance, we all look like creatures of this world--back blades and all. But we can use all the skills we had in our world. It's very strange."

"I've never been," Tropicos said. "But it sounds really fun!" Obviously, he hadn't overheard any of the conversation between Vermeer and Lu Dongbin.

Diva chuckled at Zhang. "In that case, I'll do the job of asking for you!" She cleared her throat, and launched into a horrible, scratchy voice that might've sounded like Zhang Guolao... with a horrible cold... and after an intense night of karaoke. "Oh, Diva, you can shoot lightning! We've wanted to use someone like you in a show for so long! Won't you perform with us?" Then Diva, somehow doing an impression of herself, replied, "Why, I'd be honored if you'd let me! Thank you!"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/30/2016 1:30 AM

Lu Dongbin paused, as if not quite sure what to say. "...that enough is true, I suppose," he said at last. "I do not wholly regret serving my country when they called for me, but still...we were told it was an honor to die for it. I saw many much younger than I, perhaps almost as young as those two pups, spurred to fight and kill because of those claims of honor." He sighed. "I do not mean to belittle your experiences. They do indeed sound painful, and I do not like the sound of those 'trainers.' Still...I am no longer a soldier, and you are no longer a gladiator." He smiled slightly. "And there are plenty of ways you can put your strength to work, and even impress others, without harming any."

"Ah, that's interesting!" said Zhongli Quan, tilting his head to the side. "I have met some other creatures who've come from other worlds, and it seems like appearance is the most common factor that changes. Abilities almost always seem to stay constant, although that might simply be due to the large range of natural abilities the creatures native to our world have."

Zhang Guolao chuckled. "I like her!" he exclaimed. "Come on He, let her go on! I'll go over the song with her and everything, so that she knows when to use her powers and everything."

He Xiangxu sighed. "Alright, I guess," she said. "We can probably get you registered as an assistant of ours, so no one will question it too much." She paused, then gave a small smile. "I do like your enthusiasm, though. Maybe we can arrange something more officially for our next show."

[10]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/30/2016 8:26 PM

((BTW: Tropicos and Diva aren't SUPER young in this RP. They're meant to be more teenager-equivalent aged. Just thought I'd put that out there--they are young but not puppies, exactly.))

"I wish it were that easy," Vermeer sighed. "You know what they say about teaching an old dog new tricks. I don't want to use my strength anymore. I'm getting old and tired. I don't want to think about running or jumping or plays. I don't even want to coach a children's sports team," he said with a chuckle, followed by a hungover groan. "But I don't know how to do anything else. I can't cook. I can't write poetry. And even all these jobs working in shops require you to be on your feet all day..."

"Indeed," Rygar agreed with Zhongli with a nod of his head. "I came here intentionally, to be part of a sort of cultural exchange. But a lot of people and creatures end up here accidentally. It's almost as if this land is some sort of crossroads between worlds, or something of the like. Close to many places and thus easily reachable by them."

"He says that, but I've still never got to see our world," Tropicos said with a bit of a whimper. "But I want to test my skills in the arenas there!"

Despite her initial happiness, Diva seemed slightly taken aback. "Woah--wait, you want to do MORE shows with me? I was just thinking about, like, right now for a show here!" Which was not to say that Diva didn't like the idea. She flicked her head back and looked at her father and brother, lost in conversation, talking about "our homeworld" and "arenas" and other things that mattered more to them than they did to her. She was old enough to be independent, wasn't she? She could do what she wanted? She didn't need her family's permission to join up with a couple of performers for a little while.

Which probably wouldn't stop them from being annoyed at her for it...

...But she'd do it anyway. She stuck out her chest with an expression of furry pride. "Not--that I'd have a problem with that! You just took me by surprise, is all..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 04/20/2016 9:56 PM

Lu Dongbin paused, looking thoughtful. "That's true," he said softly. He paused, as if trying to think of what to say next, before trying to brighten up. "However! Surely you have stories of your home beyond the arenas. And there are plenty of people who'd love to hear stories about other worlds. For example, I'm curious as to what you meant by 'trainer.' Are they similar to the 'keepers' I sometimes hear about here in Evelon?"

"Arenas, hm? I've heard there are places that hold tournaments, but I'm not sure how aboveboard they are," noted Zhongli. He grinned at Rygar. "Cultural exchange? That's great! I wish there were more people like you, willing to travel to different worlds just for the experience." He chuckled a bit. "Although I suppose I'm a bit of a hypocrite, since that's not my preference. I'm happy exploring all this world has to offer, for now, and getting my information about other worlds from those who come here."

He Xiangxu smiled at Diva's determination. "Well, we're always looking for new helpers. Registering you as a helper would most likely simply mean helping out for this show, although we'd definitely keep in touch with you about future shows as well. That's what volunteer means, after all."

[11]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 05/17/2016 4:11 AM

((Congrats to me--I just received an award for Worst At Replies Ever. D:))

"Teaching people about my world, hmm?" Vermeer side-eyed Rygar. "Well, from what I hear you saying, friend, travel between this plane and ours isn't terribly trying. And I was never much of a historian, or an anthropologist, or anyone particularly worldly. Surely there are others better suited for the job. And besides--it's but one world Are enough people really interested in our odd little world?"

Rygar shrugged back. "Well, your new friend there certainly seems to be."

Vermeer grinned sheepishly at Lu. "I... suppose he's right."

"And I know people get really interested when I talk about my world! It's fun!" Tropicos added. "Like to you! Oh, and since you asked," he nodded at Lu, "yeah, I hear the arenas are all really, like... legal? Fighting is a sport! It's the biggest sport! It's the only sport!"

"Yeah, if you're a monster," Diva sighed. "No being a dancer or a football player or even a professional cup stacker if you're a monster. I think I'll take you up on that signup, He Xiangxu. I mean, if that's OK right now..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous