Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Charity Event [Freezair and I]

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/17/2016 9:15 PM

ImageImageImage

Several tables had been set up in the park, arranged roughly in the shape of a "U." There was also a temporary wooden stage set up behind the tables, with a banner reading "Ba Xian Charity Concert." Currently, there were three Paragon on stage, a silvery one playing a flute, a green one clicking some castanets, and a blue one tapping on a simple skin drum.

"Come on, come on!" sang the blue one. "Come to treat your ears, your tongue! Give what you can, to help the less fortunate!"

"Listen and attend!" added the green one. "Attend your ears, and learn the tales of those who've come before!"

ImageImage

On one of the tables, a black-and-brown Paragon and a grayish Paragon were mixing something in a barrel.

"Alcohol makes every event better~!" hummed the black-and-brown one. "Come on, come on, mix and ferment, heal their bodies and lighten their hearts~"

"Remember, you can't use too much of the wine from your gourd," warned the grayish one. "We don't want another incident like the last one, no matter how amusing it was."

"Oh, Caihe, I'm wounded! Do you think so little of me?" There was a grin on the Sandshark's face. "Or are you worried you might be surpassed by one of these attending, if they should have too much of the heavenly wine?"

"I am meant to be above such concerns."

"Aw, Caihe, you know you can tell Uncle Tie anything!"

"I'm senior to you, you know."

ImageImage

At another table, the one farthest from the stage, a white-and-pastel Paragon was working on flower arrangements alongside a gold-scaled one. The flowers seemed to naturally sprout beneath the pastel Paragon's paws, growing in whatever direction she willed them to. Meanwhile, the golden one was adding some kind of mixture to the soil they were growing from, drop by drop.

"That's enough," the pastel one said at last. "We don't want them to overwhelm the food." Indeed, some of the vines were already dipping into the various plates of food set on the table. She grabbed one, pinching it back carefully.

"Alright," said the golden one, peering at a glass container he held in one claw. "In that case, I know about how much to add to the others. Let's go start working on them as well."

Finally, a yellow-orange Paragon watched over the whole thing from farther away. He had a sword strapped casually to his back, and his gaze seemed to indicate that he was watching for trouble. Still, he waved at anyone he saw approaching, gesturing for them to come closer. He had a pile of fliers under one claw, which he was happily handing out, telling people when the actual event would start.

[1]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Re: Charity Event [Freezair and I]

Postby Freezair » 03/17/2016 9:45 PM

Vermeer was tired. But what else was new?

As his body grew older and his scales became more hoary, he felt the pressure of his long life in every step he took. He had been active in his youth--too active. He was a warrior beyond compare, putting pressures on his body far in excess of even what a wild beast might endure, and the aches and tears lead to an old age that wanted to be very sedentary. And he wasn't even that old when he thought about it! He'd just done so much that he felt elderly on the more distant end of middle age.  

His walks through the park had quickly become one of his favorite things. Children ran and played so innocently. It warmed his old, battle-hardened heart.

A sweet song drifted through the air. Someone's music player? No--the sound was soft, but so bold and full the tune had to be live. He knew there was a small stage in the park--perhaps a performance was underway? The sound in his ears was soon joined by sweet smells in his nose. Flowers and--wine! A rich bouquet, too. His old partner had always rewarded him with wine when he'd done well in fights... He was no lush, but ah, nothing compared to the taste!

Tugged along by his nostrils and the memories on his tongue, he made his way to the charity event.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the park...

"A charity event, huh? I wonder what kind of event?"

Big events in the park were usually an excellent way to stave off boredom. Everything there was free, and there would be loads of it--free entertainment, free food, and sometimes free pens and booklets and tote bags and other simple things. An excellent place for the frugal to find something to do. Rygar prided himself on being able to find clever solutions to problems like boredom.

Boredom like that currently striking his daughter.

ImageImage

Tropicos, easily-excited lad that he was, was happy anywhere he went, chasing at butterflies to increase his speed or digging holes for his strength. In a way, Rygar was proud of his boy's dedication, but his single-mindedness often meant he drove those around him to madness. Diva had a decidedly un-monsterish abhorrance for battle and getting her hands dirty, and she was the most exasperated of all. She came along on one of their constitutionals because Tropicos wanted her too, and now she was desperately searching for the exit.

"Children!" Rygar barked. Diva and Tropicos both turned to look at him. Rygar used a paw to point out the flyer.

"Look! There's some sort of event going on in the park today! Let's attend!"

Diva squinted at the sign. "A charity event, huh... I probably have a few Keystones somewhere I could donate or something."

Tropicos yipped. "Oooh! Do you think Kindness is a stat? Can I get niceness points if I give to charity?"

"...Sure, bro," Diva chuckled. "Sure."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/17/2016 11:12 PM

The orange-yellow Paragon, Lu Dongbin turned his head at hearing the sound of someone approaching. He waved, signalling at the ones managing the tables to quiet down a bit. The two wine-mixers clamped down on their discussion of the mixture's possible effects, while the two managing the flowers moved to conceal the alchemical solution that the gold-silver Paragon, Zhongli Quan, was using.

"Ah, welcome!" called Lu Dongbin. He paused, glancing over the other Paragon he could now see approaching. There was something familiar in that stride. A warrior's stride, he thought. It had been a long time since he had raised his sword with intent to kill, but he would never forget. "We are still setting some things up, but most of the refreshments are ready if you would like to try some."

The green Nago, noticing that they now had an audience, started clicking his castanets at a slightly faster pace, leading to some distress in his companions as they were forced to speed up. The silver-skinned Nago looked especially annoyed, although he did his best to maintain a serene expression as he played the flute.

"Welcome, welcome!" he called. "Soon our songs will begin, soon you will hear our tales!"

[2]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/18/2016 1:43 PM

"Ah! Then I truly do not intrude?" Vermeer swiveled his head around. "That is good to hear! What manner of event have I found myself at today? ...Is there truly wine here?" he said with a small chuckle.

Actually, looking around, there was quite a lot here beside wine. Just peering around, he couldn't possibly pick up what sort of event this was all by himself. He saw flower arrangements and music as well. Perhaps, he wondered, this was some kind of talent show? In a way, Vermeer envied the talented. He'd been talented as a young Paragon, but--talented at what? At breaking bones? At drawing blood? What kind of talents were those?

As he sat lost in thought, however, another small group entered the fray.

He smiled when he saw the blue wolf with the horns on his head--what were the odds that another from his world would be here?--and the other spoke up. "Is this the charity event?" the wolfish creature asked.

"What charity are we supporting? Huh?" the green and brown wolf asked, in a voice that seemed entirely too excited by the subject. The pink lady next to him looked at him with annoyance.

"Ah," Vermeer said. "This is... some kind of charity event?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/18/2016 10:47 PM

Lu Dongbin smiled, whooping internally. He knew the wine was a good choice! "We do indeed have wine," he said. "As well as several assistants to handle those who drink a bit too much of it."

"It's our own brew!" added the brown-and-black Sandshark, Li Tieguai, seeming to pop up out of nowhere from the side. "One sip will make you think you've shed your mortal form and ascended to heaven!" He chuckled, as if at some private joke. He paused, turning his head to the side as if just noticing the wolf family arriving. "Ah, hello!" he exclaimed. "Were you also drawn here by the sweet smell of our wine?"

However, their answer made it clear that the fliers had worked. The pastel Paragon approached after finishing off the last flower arrangement, smiling at the family. "Greetings to you all," she said. "I'm He Xiangxu, and as for the charity...it's actually our own." Zhongli Quan walked up behind her, holding out their certification papers. "We use our income from these events at our own discretion, mostly to help the less fortunate. We try to help them as personally as we can, so what our money is spent on varies. Some of our income is saved for the purpose of catering events like this one, as well."

"The performance and food is all free, but we appreciate whatever you can donate," added Lu Dongbin. "Oh, and ah...my name's Lu Dongbin. And that's Li Tieguai, Zhongli Quan, Lan Caihe, Han Xiangzi, Cao Yi, Zhang Guolao..." He gestured at the direction of each Paragon as he named them. The group of musical Paragon had actually stopped playing for a while, and were now whispering to each other, and messing around with the stage lights. Lan Caihe, the Pipe Paragon, was talking to another group of interested people who had approached, and Zhongli Quan was hurrying over in case the certification papers were needed there.

[3]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/19/2016 2:51 PM

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lu Dongbin," Vermeer said with a bow. "Would it be terribly rude of me to call you 'Lu,' or do you have a preferred short form? My name, by the by, is Vermeer," he said, extending a claw. "Ver, Meer, Erm--" He laughed. "I'm happy being called anything. Well, provided it's not rude. Now, err... how much do I have to donate to try some of that wine? You've talked it up so much, you're making my mouth water!"

Meanwhile, Tropicos sat down almost as if all the introductions were making him dizzy. But perhaps they were. "Wow! That's a lot of names! They're all really long, too!"

Diva sighed. "Well, if you paid attention, you would've have these problems."

"Did you?"

Diva let out another long sigh. "Yes. Lu Dongbin is the gold Ambia who's organizing this event. Han Xiangzi is the silver Nago helping attract people to this event with music. He's accompanied by Cao Yi, the green Nago, and Zhang Guolao, the blue Primal. They're all the ones on stage. Li Tieguai, the only Sandshark, is the one helping to make the... I think that's wine? And so is the one Pipe, Lan Caihe. And the white Ambia with black hair, He Xiangu, is doing flower arrangements with Zhongli Quan, the gold Windgill. Did I miss anybody?"

Tropicos blinked.

"What? I'm good with names and appearances," Diva scoffed. "Everybody's got SOME kind of talent."

Rygar nodded. "My name is Rygar. My children are Tropicos--the Tropical Dog--and Diva, the Daton."

His suspicions confirmed, Vermeer laughed. He looked across to the other part of the event and laughed. "Good Tiger!" Vermeer bellowed. Rygar turned his head and looked at Vermeer in shock. "Yes, I know what you are," Vermeer said. "They will not recognize those descriptors here. Better be descriptive, like your daughter."

Rygar squinted, as if trying to put his finger on what Vermeer was. "Ah... Tropicos is the green and brown one, and Diva is pink and tan... what...?"

"I was a Nago, back in the day," Vermeer said. "Your eyes aren't fooling you, either."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/20/2016 3:35 AM

"Lu works, no need to be formal and add anything else to it," said the black-maned Ambia with a comforting smile, taking the offered claw. "Well, the first sample is always free."

"And then the rest is whatever we tell you after that sample!" added Li Tieguai. "Oh, and Li is fine for me. Or Uncle Li, if you want to be extra-familiar." He chuckled, smiling at the two younger Lucain. "I wouldn't mind that." Lu Dongbin elbowed him.

"Well...you're quite good at observation! Most of the time it does take some time for people to remember all our names." He Xiangxu seemed genuinely surprised at Diva's quick recognition of all of them. "And you're pretty much right about all that...although Lan and Zhongli are also welcoming guests now."

All three Paragon seemed pretty confused at the name "Tiger" used to refer to Rygar, looking back and forth between the two and trying to puzzle out what they meant.

"You...were once a Nago as well?" asked Li Tieguai, moving closer to Vermeer and seeming to scan him over, despite his apparent lack of eyes.

[4]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/20/2016 7:01 PM

"Oh dear. I know the way your kind works," Vermeer said with a sly chuckle. "Of course the first is free. That's how you show your customer he can't live without your wine! Very well, very well, pour me a sample. You had me at that heavenly aroma."

Diva, meanwhile, looked with a sort of smugness at her father and brother. She licked her jaws at He and flicked her tails. "Just because I'm not good at monstery things doesn't mean I'm not good at anything," Diva said. "Speakin' of. This charity thing--can anyone get up on that stage and do stuff? Or are you guys just puttin' on a musical show to attract people? Because, uh, well..."

"Oh!" Tropicos yelped. "You wanna dance, don't you? Oooh, oooh! That sounds fun! I'd wanna watch you dance!"

Diva winced, but a smile crept up the side of her face. "Yeah, yeah. I thought about doin' some improv to that music you guys were playin'. What of it?"

Rygar didn't seem to know what to feel as he looked at Diva. His head whipped towards Tropicos and the flower arrangements. "Maybe you should look at these," he said to his son. He was sure that, being part Plant,  flower arranging was sure to have some benefit for his son. Tropicos seemed to have made up his own mind, and bounded up to gaze intently at the vases.

While he waited for his wine, Vermeer tilted his head at Li. "You were a Nago too, once? What a day! I never thought I'd meet so many people in this world who were from mine... what breed were you, if you don't mind me asking?" Vermeer ran a claw down the webbed ridge on top of his head. "You can probably guess for me. I was purebred, whatever that means here in Evelon."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/21/2016 3:05 AM

Apparently the Paragon on stage had been listening to what was going on around them, because Zhang Guolao was already gliding over, balancing a cup of wine on one clawtip. He extended it dramatically, seeming to slip before catching it without spilling a drop.

"Your free sample, sir!" he said with a grin.

He Xiangxu looked surprised at Diva's comment. "Huh!" she said. "We actually hadn't considered that! Although most of the songs we're planning aren't really the kind you can dance to-"

"I know some songs we can dance to!" commented Zhang. He Xiangxu shook her head.

"Not your kind of music. Or yours!" she added in response to Lu Dongbin opening his mouth. She paused. "Nothing wrong with that music, I guess, but there are going to be young children in the audience! We're already having to supervise the wine table very carefully." Lan Caihe was currently managing that.

Zhongli Quan looked up from guiding several others to their seats, noticing Tropicos looking at the plants. "Ah, you like those?" he asked. "He and I worked together on making them as eye-catching as possible!"

Meanwhile, Li Tieguai looked flummoxed by Vermeer's question. "Another world...?" he asked. "You mean...there's a species called a Nago in that other world as well...?" He looked very embarrassed all of a sudden, ducking his head to the side. "Oh dearie...I shouldn't have mentioned that then..."

[5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/22/2016 4:38 PM

"Goodness! You all are showdragons through and through, aren't you?" Vermeer laughed. He took the offered wine cup with a similar flourish. "I shall take this sample most graciously, with only the deepest of thanks! As they say, bottoms up!" Vermeer took a deep sip of the wine.

"Gracious!" His voice seemed high pitched, and his voice already sparkled with wine-born light. "Ha ha ha! What is this! I feel young as a bird in spring!" For a moment, Vermeer looked as if he might start doing cartwheels. Head unscrewed and tongue loosened by the wine, he turned to Li and pondered his question somewhat unsteadily. "Oh, yes, yes, other worlds indeed! Bit of a confusing state of affairs for me--there's Nagos in this world and Nagos--Nagas?--ah, you'd think I'd remember, having been one--no matter! What, I get it wrong? Pity, pity! But I didn't know people could change their species here! That's fascinating. Yep, yep. Hic! Woo, this is strong!" And with an unbecoming giggle, Vermeer swilled the rest of it down.

Tropicos, meanwhile, looked at the flowers intently. "I'm part plant, you know!" he yipped. "Could you teach me discipline and arranging myself like this? I bet it'd be good for me!" Rygar chuckled.

Diva, on the other hand, laughed heartily. "Oooh, you know bawdy songs, don't ya? I'm not surprised." She side-eyed Vermeer. "If you've got wine like that just lying around, well--the only things you CAN sing like that are rude. Maybe in private we can swap a couple of--"

Rygar whipped his head towards her with a bit of a frown.

Diva sighed and lowered her voice to a whisper. "Ignore my dad. He thinks of me as a little baby monster, but I promise you, I AM fully grown."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/22/2016 5:50 PM

Zhang looked a bit nervous at Vermeer's reaction to the wine. "Are you sure you tested it carefully enough?" he whispered in Li Tieguai's ear, or approximation thereof. The Sandshark started to nod, then paused.

"Both Lan and I can hold our liquor better than most," he explained to Diva. "So...we might not have been the best baseline for testing how strong the wine we mixed is." He decided that, with Vermeer being a bit drunk now, perhaps he wouldn't remember the comments about Li's original form. So he wouldn't speak more about it for now.

Lu Dongbin moved a bit closer to Vermeer. "It is exhilarating, isn't it?" he commented with a chuckle. "Part of it is from old Li's personal stash, you know! He's been brewing it for ages."

"Ah, I know how parents are," added He Xiangxu to Diva's comment. "It can be a bit too much at times, can't it?"

Zhongli Quan looked surprised at Tropico's comment, his eyes wandering along the Lucain's figure with scientific curiosity. "Part-plant?" he asked. "Can you make flowers bloom from your body? Or change shape?" He paused. "Would you mind if I took a sample of your fur?"

"Zhongli, no experimenting on our guests!" exclaimed Lan Caihe from her table.

[6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/23/2016 4:48 PM

((Haa, I kind of guessed that the wine was meant to be semi-magical? We can always claim that Vermeer is used to his homeworld's liquor and can't hold the stuff from other worlds...))

"Oooh! I normally hold--hic--it just fine!" Vermeer clumsily pawed for the bag at his throat. After three haphazard grabs, he managed to find his little coin purse and toss out a few Keystones the Paragons' way. "Fill me up another glass! This stuff's just potent! It's pretty--hic!--fun!"

Rygar's ears perked at the phrase "Experimenting on our guests," and he looked to his son with worry. But Tropicos seemed entirely unfazed by Zhongli's questions. "Sure you can borrow some of my fur! I have a lot of it," Tropicos said. "Maybe you can find out what my stat numbers are! Or maybe I'll learn how to use some new skills! I already get energy from sunlight," he said.

"He sure does," Diva laughed, poking her ears into the conversation. "He's pretty bad right now." Then she turned back towards He.

"I think my dad means well," she said in a soft voice. "He's pretty into the whole 'being a monster' thing. He worries since where he comes from, well... His species is all about fighting and arena combat and stuff. And he thinks that if a monster isn't doing that, well, what is there for them? Even in this world, he does arena combat stuff. I don't think he understands that this is a world with more, well, options..."

Rygar didn't overhear. But Vermeer did. And tipsy as he was, he couldn't help but feel a little sober as he overheard.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/24/2016 4:01 PM

(Yeah, part of it was directly from Li Tieguai's gourd-which holds wine with healing properties. Also in one version of their story Lan Caihe ascended to immortality after getting drunk, which is why they're worried about putting too much of it in-having your guests ascend to a higher plane of existence is impressive but kind of cuts into your profits.)

"You'll make sure he doesn't hurt himself, right?" asked Zhang, looking over at Lu Dongbin. The Ambia nodded solemnly, knowing the hidden meaning behind those words as well. "In that case, I don't see how we could refuse such a generous benefactor!" Chuckling, he waved at Lan Caihe, who rolled her eyes before pouring another cup and tossing it this time. The Primal caught it, with his tail this time, before passing it over.

"Energy from sunlight, hm? That is impressive, especially for one as young as you," noted Zhongli Quan. "After all, we living creatures require much more energy for movement than plants, and we have many more different biological functions than they do." As he spoke, he took out some tweezers. "This may sting a bit," he warned, before aiming to snip off a bit of fur.

"Ah," said He in response to Diva's explanation. "It...can be good to fight, sometimes, to protect what is dear to you...but it is often easier to find peace than you think."

"Easy for you to say," commented Lu Dongbin. He smiled a bit wanly, looking down at where Zhongli Quan was continuing to expound upon the difference between plants, living creatures, and hybrids thereof. "Zhongli was a warrior himself for quite a time, and I myself trained in the sword for quite some time, even if I was not called upon to use those skills for my country. The knowledge does get into your bones, and makes it easy to accept as a solution."

[7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/24/2016 5:54 PM

Vermeer downed another cup of the wine, a little dribbling down the side of his mouth. He seemed to realize how unsightly this was and set down the cup. "Well! That shtuff was--hic!--heavenly! But maybe I'fe had a bit too mush. Oooh! I--I need to sit down." Vermeer tried to stop the burp he felt in his throat--it would be unsightly. His neck rumbled and he slumped to the floor.

"Oooh. I might have a headashe. Anyone hash cold water? Coffee?"

Rygar walked over to the slumping Paragon. "It's no water, but maybe this will help." He opened his mouth, and a cool, snow-tinged breeze flowed out. Rygar carefully controlled his breath, delicately forming a snowy lump of ice near Vermeer's claws. Although his eyes wavered, Vermeer's gaze was thankful. He picked up the ice lump and rubbed it over his face.

Tropicos seemed pleased by Zhongli's attention and twisted his tail to show off a little. "I do still gotta eat like normal. But I have more energy and feel less tired in the sun! It's like I'm a solar panel and I charge up my batteries!"

Diva chuckled. "I will admit, I'm jealous of you sometimes, bro. But on the plus side, I can shoot beams out of my paws, so I figure I didn't do horribly. You know. When I want to shoot beams." She flicked her tails too, but her movement seemed more quietly defiant.

Vermeer groaned at Lu's words. "Wonshe I feel more normal, I have got wordsh for you about fighting, yesh I do..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/25/2016 3:06 AM

Zhongli Quan blinked at noticing the different powers the various members of Rygar's family had. "Is it common where you're from, for related creatures to have such different natural abilities?" he asked, tucking the sample of Tropicos' fur away. He glanced back at the part-plant Lucain. "Do you have any control over plants?" he added. "He Xiangxu has some of that ability, and she might be able to help you there."

"Beams, huh? Always found those a bit too flashy for me," chuckled Li Tieguai. "I prefer getting up close and personal. Still, perhaps you could work those into your dance routine as well."

"Laser dancing, hm?" asked Zhang Guolao. "Dang! We should have worked those into our routine!" He Xiangxu shook her head rapidly.

"The stage is for public use," she said. "It doesn't have any lasers attached to it, and we'd have to pay extra to attach our own. Also, we don't have our own lasers either."

Lu Dongbin nodded at Vermeer's comment. "I would also enjoy talking to you about it. Zhongli...might or might not. Although he seems pretty happy to have found someone who's going to let him study their abilities, so he'd probably be up for a chat."

[8]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items