Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 3:46 PM

Laika tried to push the basket through the hole, but it was too wide to fit. She turned her head and tried again, but it still wouldn't fit. She placed the basket on the ground and tried one more time. Pushing it with her head and snout, she shoved gently - and it slid into the hole. Laika yapped once happily and followed it into the hollow tree.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:04 PM

Inside the hollow tree, Laika grasped the basket with her jaws and tipped it over. A mound of foil-wrapped packages landed on the floor. The draculi sniffed at them, and began to tear the foil open. The creatures crowded around, waiting as the draculi exposed the food. Carefully, it pulled all of the foil off and pushed it aside.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:05 PM

Laika leaned over the smaller creatures and sniffed at a sandwich. She licked her lips, and looked at the draculi. The draculi pushed the sandwich towards her. Laika licked the draculi's cheek and picked up the sandwich in her jaws. It was big and thick, and tasted like ham.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:09 PM

Laika lifted the sandwich over the smaller creatures' heads and chewed it happily. The draculi pushed appropriate food to each of the creatures gathered there. It then began to nibble delicately on what seemed to be a fish in batter. Laika sniffed around and found a large link of sausages. She munched two down, and pushed a third towards the draculi.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:14 PM

The draculi purred at Laika and nodded its thanks. Laika smiled, and nodded in return, before turning back to the food. She nosed around what was left of the picnic basket's contents. Finding nothing more of interest, she then licked her snout clean, and retreated to let the other creatures finish what was left. The draculi came and joined her, and they snuggled together.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:16 PM

The other creatures slowly trickled back into their nooks and crannies. They had all eaten well, and were sleepy. Laika watched them go, listening to the sounds outside. The park appeared to be empty, for it was too cold to play. She laid her head on her paws, and listened to the draculi's quiet purring. She was quite content where she was, in the warm hollow tree with the other creatures.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:18 PM

The next day was another cold day, and Laika was again concerned for the small creatures. This time, however, it was she who left to find food. The draculi had gotten up to leave, and she had gently pushed it back into the hollow tree with her nose. It nodded its understanding, and curled up where she had been lying. It purred contentedly, for the wood was warm.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:20 PM

Laika made her way out into the park. It had snowed during the night, and everything was covered with a white blanket. She shivered as her paws sunk into the cold snow. She was glad she had left the draculi inside the hollow tree. The snow lay so deep, it would have sunk all the way up to its head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:22 PM

There was nobody else in the park, as far as Laika could see. Even the kiosks were closed when she passed them. She wandered over to the bins and sniffed, but there was nothing there. The park keepers must have emptied them the day before. She wandered up to the gate, but the big chain was still in place.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:24 PM

Laika raised her nose into the air and sniffed. Someone was cooking a roast dinner, and the smell made her mouth water. She couldn't jump over the gate, so she wandered along the hedge connected to it. She found a small hole, which led to a hole in the fence. She squeezed through the hole onto the street.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:26 PM

Laika followed her nose to a row of houses across the street. There, on the sill of an open window, was a freshly-cooked chicken. The human inside the house had put it there to rest whilst they cleaned the kitchen. Laika took a chance, rearing up on her hind legs to stand up to the window. She grasped the chicken in her jaws and pulled.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:28 PM

The chicken was very hot, and it hurt her mouth. Laika ignored it though, as she didn't want to alert the human to her stealing the chicken. She jumped down and ran away from the window, back into the street. She heard the plate smash behind her, and a human yelling. She ignored it, and ran as fast as she could.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:30 PM

She carried the hot chicken back through the hole in the fence. Once in the park, she put it down on a bench and began to lap up snow. The cold hurt her teeth, but it soothed her mouth. She didn't want the chicken to get too cold, so she picked it up. It didn't hurt as much now that it had had a chance to cool a bit.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:33 PM

Laika carried the chicken back to the hollow tree. This time, she managed to squeeze into the tree without putting it down. The draculi watched her with interest. It got up and stretched, before walking over to her. It sniffed at the chicken in her mouth, and sat down in front of her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 5:35 PM

Laika put the chicken down and tore off a leg for herself. It was a fat chicken, and there was plenty of meat to go around. She tore off a chunk of the breast, and gave it to the draculi. The draculi purred and began to eat it with small, delicate bites. Laika began to chew on the leg she had pulled off for herself.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext