Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/12/2016 4:18 PM

Even though the rain was pelting down outside, Laika felt content. She could no longer hear or see the thunder and lightning. She was warm and dry with her new friends. Slowly, Laika slipped off to sleep. The other creatures followed her, dropping off one by one.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:55 PM

Laika slept through the day, huddled up with the other creatures. Her ears twitched whenever a large thunderclap struck. She did not wake, however, until the following morning. The weather had calmed into a grey, miserable day, and it was very cold. She could see the clouds being formed by her breath.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:57 PM

Laika worried about the small creatures that had shared the hollow with her. She and the Draculi had thick fur, and lots of flesh to keep them warm. However, the smaller creatures got very cold, very quickly. Laika was worried that they would get too cold and perish. She whined, wondering what to do, as she needed to go out and find food.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:28 PM

Laika's whining caused the draculi to wake and look at her. It stretched itself, and rubbed against her side, purring. Laika turned her head and nosed at the soft creature for a moment. It then turned away, and stalked out of the hole. Laika sighed, wondering if it would come back.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:30 PM

Laika put her head on her paws and sighed. She felt very hungry, and her stomach rumbled loudly. She could hear it, but didn't want to leave the hollow. She was worried about the little creatures which were huddled close to her. She whined to herself, but stayed inside the hollow tree.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:32 PM

A short while later, Laika pricked up her ears at the sound of small, padded footsteps. They seemed to be coming towards the hollow tree. She stared at the hole, until suddenly the draculi from before squeezed its head through. It mewed at her, and withdrew its head. She could hear it moving something outside the tree. Suddenly, it began to crawl its way into the tree, tail first.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:33 PM

Laika sat up and watched the draculi with interest. It seemed to be trying to drag something into the tree. Whatever it was, the draculi was having a hard time with it. It let go and backed into the tree fully. It turned to face her and mewed, gesturing to the thing with its head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:35 PM

Laika could see a corner of what seemed to be a cloth sticking in through the hole in the tree. She stood up carefully. The little creatures scuttled away into their nooks and crannies inside the hollow tree. They too seemed to be watching the draculi. Laika stepped towards the hole, and sniffed.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:36 PM

Laika raised her ears in surprise; the cloth smelled like food! She licked her lips, and leaned down to grasp the corner in her jaws. She was much stronger than the draculi, and could pull harder. The cloth was very heavy, as though there was a weight on it. She popped her head out of the hole to see what it was.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:38 PM

Outside, the weather was very cold and Laika shivered. Though it was only her head outside the tree, she felt the icy wind through her whole body. She stared at the cloth with dismay. On top of it was a whole picnic basket, seemingly abandoned. She would need to leave the tree to get to it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:39 PM

Laika sighed, and shook herself. She squeezed herself out of the tree and shivered. The draculi popped its head out of the tree, but kept its body inside. She felt sorry for the little thing. It had probably been freezing as it searched for food for them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:41 PM

Laika stepped towards the picnic basket. She sniffed the air cautiously, and pricked up her ears. She couldn't hear any humans around. She supposed they had abandoned the picnic because of the weather. The cloth was wet under her paws.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:51 PM

Laika stepped closer and sniffed the basket itself. It was soaking wet on the outside, and very cold to the touch. She assumed it must have been left out overnight in the rain. She carefully nosed the lid open, hoping the contents would still be edible. She was very surprised at what she found.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 1:52 PM

Laika sniffed the tantalising smells coming from the basket. She licked her lips, and began to nose at one of the neat packages. It seemed that not only had the basket's insides been coated in plastic, but the food had been wrapped in foil too. Laika wagged her tail in happiness. She could smell ham, and all kinds of other goodies.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 2:30 PM

Laika raised her head and looked towards the hole. The draculi mewed again, and gestured towards the inside of the tree with its head. Laika understood that it wanted her to bring the food into the tree. She grasped the handle of the basket, and lifted it off the cloth. She turned towards the tree and lowered her head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext