Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:17 PM

She saw a drinking fountain and wandered over to it. It wouldn't turn on, and Laika was confused. She hopped up onto her hind legs, and accidentally stepped on the button. Water came gushing out, and she barked happily. She began to lap at the water, which was cool and refreshing.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2196
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:19 PM

Once she was done, Laika wandered off to find something else to do. She saw a bunch of flowers, and ran towards it happily. As she got closer, she could smell the sweet perfume of them on the breeze. She liked sweet-smelling things, and she thought the flowers were pretty. She flopped down on them, and began to roll about, barking happily.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:21 PM

Laika was soon sneezing again, from all the pollen from the flowers. She sneezed as she ran towards the pond, jumping in again. This time, the Lohlani from before was on her head when she resurfaced. She carried it as she jumped onto the grass bank. Carefully, she tipped her head so the lohlani slid onto the grass.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:55 PM

The lohlani looked at Laika carefully, each beady eye focusing on her face. Laika barked happily, and licked the lohlani's face. It looked very confused, and pulled its head into its shell.

Laika bent down to look at it closely and sniffed at it. It smelt kind of fishy, and she rolled onto her back to sniff at it at a different angle.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:02 PM

The lohlani used its fins to turn itself away from Laika's face. She flipped upright again to watch what it was doing. It slowly pulled itself towards the water. Eventually, it tipped itself off the bank and swam away. Laika sniffed the bank where it had been and barked again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:04 PM

Laika jumped onto her feet, and followed the sound of birdsong. On the way, she was distracted by another sweet smell. Following her nose, she came to a pushcart selling candyfloss. She barked, wanting some, but was shooed away by the cart owner. She sat down a little way away to watch the people going past the cart.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:06 PM

After a little while, a little boy came along and bought some candy floss. He tripped as he was walking away, though, and dropped the candy floss. The cart owner generously gave him a new one. This time, the boy was careful as he walked away with his treat. Laika barked happily, and ran over to enjoy the treat on the ground.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:10 PM

She finished, licking her lips, and walked away from the cart. Nearby were some Anuras, croaking loudly in a pond. Laika walked over to the bank and sat down to watch them. The anuras saw her and jumped onto lilypads. They tried to get away from her, for she was very big compared to them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:12 PM

Laika whined, but the anuras were already gone. She turned to go, but noticed some bubbles coming up from beneath the water. A kuni popped it's head up out of the water to see what the noise was. Laika barked excitedly, and bent down to sniff at the kuni. It disappeared under the water in fright, splashing some water into her face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:13 PM

Laika shook the water off, and looked at the pond in puzzlement. Everything seemed to run away from her and she didn't know why. She huffed, and stood up to shake herself off thoroughly. She wandered away from the pond to see what she could see. Hopefully she would find something she could play with.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:23 PM

As she walked along, a Hisper slithered across her path. Laika barked happily, bending her head to sniff at it. The hisper reacted with alarm, rearing up and hissing at her. This scared her, and she backed away, whimpering. She watched the hisper slither away into the grass, before continuing on her way.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:26 PM

Laika came to another patch of flowers. These, however, were huge - almost as big as her head. She looked at them closely, and saw that they were covered in Skwyrm. The little creatures looked at her and bared their stingers. Not wanting to be stung, she hurried away towards a large tree.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:34 PM

As she rested under the tree, she became aware of a cloud of flitterflies above her head. Their shiny carapaces reflected the sunlight, making them look like shining jewels hovering in the air. Laika liked shiny things, so she sat and watched them flying around for a while.

A little while later, she yawned and stretched. She wandered off to look for more water.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:36 PM

This time, there didn't seem to be a drinking fountain around. Laika sat, puzzled, until she noticed the bird bath nearby in the centre of a ring of flowers. She yapped happily, and trotted over to it. She was careful not to step on the flowers as she went. When she got to the bird bath, she reared up on her hind legs and began to drink from it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:37 PM

As she was drinking, a Mr Wilson landed on the edge of the bird bath beside her. It cheeped merrily at her, before bending down to drink as well. Laika licked her lips, and licked the little bird gently too. Unfortunately, her tongue was still wet, and the little bird shook itself and fluffed out its feathers to get dry. It cheeped at her again, and hopped about on the edge of the bird bath.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext