Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 7:39 PM

Laika sniffed at the little bird, then let herself drop down onto all four paws again. It was tiring to stand upright for too long. She sat by the bird bath, and watched the Mr Wilson have a bath. It was a nice day with a nice breeze, and the flowers were soft. Soon, she lay down to take a nap on them.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2191
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:39 AM

Laika was awakened by the sound of something snuffling in the grass beside her. She opened her eyes, and saw that a small Drakel was sniffing her!

Laika sat up, causing the Drakel to run up the tree. She barked at it whilst wagging her tails. The Drakel sat on a branch, looking down at her with curiosity.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:41 AM

Laika tried to jump up to the Drakel, but it was too high. She chased her tail in a circle whilst looking up at it. The Drakel copied her, and hung upside-down from the branch to look at her. Laika yapped excitedly and stood with her nose in the air, tails wagging harder than before. The Drakel climbed back onto the branch and watched her, blinking its eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:42 AM

After a little while, the Drakel disappeared up into the tree. Laika whined sadly as she watched it go. She had wanted to play with the adorable little thing. She huffed, and turned away, wandering towards the centre of the park. She could hear birds chattering, and hoped she'd find a friend,

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:44 AM

Suddenly, a round of chaotic squawks pierced the air. Laika ran towards the noise with her tongue hanging out. She wondered what had made the sounds, as well as what had caused them to make such a racket.

As she neared the source of the fuss, she saw a group of Ptarmigan taking flight. She looked closer, and saw a Draculi leaping about between the birds, trying to catch one.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:46 AM

Laika barked and ran forward in excitement. This game of chasing the birds looked like fun!

She ran up to the Draculi, tails wagging. She intended to pounce on it, and they could play together. Unfortunately, she got very surprised when it hissed at her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:49 AM

The Draculi stood on all four paws, with its fur bristling. Laika backed away a little, with her tails firmly between her legs. She whined, and the Draculi stopped hissing, though it didn't relax. She lay down on her belly, facing it. The Draculi cocked its head to the side, and sat upright to wash its paws.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:51 AM

Laika shuffled slightly towards it, and was met with a warning meow. She whined, and shuffled closer again. The Draculi stopped washing its paws to stare at her. Slowly, she inched her way closer to it. When she was within sniffing distance, the Draculi bopped her on the snout with its paw.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:52 AM

Laika kept her head down and whimpered, though her tails began to wag. She whined again, and the Draculi bopped her again, softer this time. It stood up and shook itself, and walked closer to her. It began to sniff her snout and face. It started tickling when it sniffed her ears.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:54 AM

Laika turned her head and began to sniff it back with interest. After a few moments, the Draculi flopped itself against her side. It leaned on her, walking so that it rubbed itself against her. It began to purr loudly, and Laika's tails wagged furiously. The Draculi changed direction and continued to rub against her, going towards her head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:56 AM

When the Draculi got to her face, it rubbed its cheeks against her. Its whiskers and fur tickled her nose, and Laika sneezed. Her sneeze spooked the Draculi, which swatted gently at her nose. It turned away and stalked off, tail in the air. Laika whined, and her tails stopped wagging.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:57 AM

The Draculi continued to walk away without looking back at her. This made Laika sad, and she whined again. She lay her chin on her paws, and huffed. She was sad that the strange soft friend she had made had left. Now, she didn't know what she was going to play with.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 8:58 AM

Laika stood up after a little while. She was feeling thirsty again, and a little hungry. She wandered back to the picnic area, but there was nothing there. She continued, finding the drinking fountain from before. This time, she stepped on the button on the first try.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:00 AM

As she lapped at the cool water, the chatter of voices could be heard nearby. Laika finished drinking, and began to wander in the direction of the noise. A bunch of people were crowded around a burger van. There was a trash can nearby which was overflowing with rubbish. Laika could see half-eaten burgers and chips strewn around it on the floor.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:01 AM

Laika greedily rushed towards the rubbish. She ate what was lying on the floor first. The cheese stuck to her fur. She licked her lips and began to nose around in the cartons. She found a piece of pickle, and spat it out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext