Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:03 AM

The pickle tingled on her tongue, and felt weird and rubbery. Laika didn't know that the tingle was from the vinegar. She found some leftover fish in batter in another carton. She ate it all, enjoying the slightly salty taste. In another carton, she found another hotdog, this time with a bun and no mustard.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:05 AM

A bit more snuffling produced a treat. A whole ice-cream in a tub, which had melted in the heat. Laika yapped happily, and pawed the lid of the tub until it came off. She lapped up the sweet, milky liquid happily. When she finished, she licked her lips and nose, as the ice-cream had gone everywhere.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:07 AM

Laika nosed about in the rubbish a bit more, but found nothing interesting. She was quite full anyway, so she didn't mind. She went over to a flower bed and flopped down on it. She panted, feeling very hot, and rolled around. The flowers felt nice and cool on her fur.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:08 AM

She sneezed a couple of times, but didn't mind. The flower bed was in shade, so she cooled down quickly as she panted. A lazy breeze blew a couple of Florana over to her. She sniffed at them and smiled with her tongue hanging out. She liked looking at their pretty colours.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:10 AM

One of the florana landed on Laika's nose. It stood there and spread its wings wide. Laika yapped happily, causing it to flutter up into the air. She sniffed the air behind it, watching as it flew higher. The other florana joined it, and they danced in the breeze.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:11 AM

Laika heard rustling, and looked down at the ground beside her. The florana flew away, unnoticed, as Laika sniffed at this new creature.

The sparquill that had shuffled its way beside her trembled. She was very big, and it was scared of her. It raised its spikes, and a crackle of static rustled through them.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:13 AM

Laika leaned in to sniff at it, then jumped away, yelping. Her nose had been zapped, and it had hurt!

She pawed at her nose and snout, and snorted. The sparquill walked towards her slowly, and Laika turned away. She ran away from the little creature, not wanting to be zapped again.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:14 AM

Laika came to a stop in the middle of a bunch of trees. The grass was soft and cool beneath her. She flopped down and rubbed her snout again. She then lay on her side, panting heavily. The air was nice and cool, and she was feeling very hot from running.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:15 AM

A pumkit wandered up to her nose, thinking that she was a flower. She looked very strange to it, but she was brightly coloured. Laika opened her eyes and sniffed at the pumkit. It reared up in fright, acting like a hisper. It began to hiss, and Laika rolled onto her feet quickly and backed away.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:17 AM

Laika remembered the hisper that had scared her earlier. She backed away a bit more from the hissing pumkit. She decided to let it pass, and it walked away from her quickly. She sighed; it seemed nothing wanted to play with her. She didn't understand that she was very big and very scary to smaller creatures.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:18 AM

Laika whined as the pumkit rustled away through the grass. It was late afternoon now, and the air was losing its heat. She stood and shook herself, then pricked up her ears. She could hear something in the distance. Was that barking coming from beyond the trees?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:20 AM

Laika ran towards the sound happily. If it barked, then it meant the creature was like her. She might even be able to talk to it. She came to a large hedge that was tall and thick. She reared up onto her hind legs, and could only just see over the top of it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:21 AM

On the other side of the hedge were three Shielupe, playing with a rope. Laika barked, and they turned to look at her. She dropped down to the ground and backed away a little. She ran quickly, using the speed to help her jump over the wall. She landed in front of the surprised shielupe with her tails wagging.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:34 AM

Laika yapped at them happily, seeing that they looked a little like her. The Shielupe stepped forward cautiously, tails wagging slowly. They sniffed her, and she held still to let them. They looked at each other, and yapped once, happily. Their tails began to wag rapidly as they licked her face.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:36 AM

Laika barked with happiness, as she played with the Shielupe. She couldn't really understand them, though they made similar noises to her. It was as if they were speaking a slightly different language. She didn't care, however, as they were having fun. They chased each other around, and rolled in the grass.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext