Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:37 AM

Eventually, a piercing whistle pierced the air. All four of them perked up their ears, though Laika seemed to be the only one confused at the noise. As one, the three Shielupe stood and ran towards the sound. Laika ran with them, but hung back when she saw they had gone up to a human. The human rubbed them on their heads, and began to walk away.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2186
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:38 AM

The Shielupe looked back at her and barked their goodbye with tails wagging. They then followed the human happily, running around after each other as they went. Laika sighed, sadly, and her tails drooped. She had been so happy to make friends. She turned around sadly and walked back towards the centre of the park.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:40 AM

After a bit more rummaging around in bins, Laika had eaten her fill. It seemed that the park's visitors hadn't been very hungry that day. Most of the food she found was only half-eaten, and there were even a few full sandwiches. She wandered back to the bird-bath to drink, and wash her face. Once she had finished, she dropped down and wandered off to where the park gate was.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:41 AM

Laika yawned widely, and shook her head. She sat down to scratch behind her ear with her foot. It had been a long, hot, day, and she was feeling sleepy. The air was cooler now, too, and she wanted to find somewhere to sleep. Suddenly, she sat up in surprise.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:43 AM

From where she was sitting, she could see the gate. In order to leave the park, she had to go through that gate onto the street. However, the gate was shut, with a chain and lock holding it closed!

Laika got to her feet and ran towards the gate. She jumped against it, hoping to push it open, but the heavy gate didn't move.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:44 AM

Laika whined, and circled on the spot before sitting down. She looked up at the gate, puzzled. She remembered coming in through it, so it must have been open then. She didn't understand why it was closed now. Laika had never heard of 'closing time'.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:45 AM

Laika whined again, and sniffed at the gate. She could smell humans on it, so she figured they had closed it. She whined sadly, and pushed at the gate with her head, but it didn't budge.

She turned away and wandered back into the park. She didn't know what to do, as she had never been there during the night before.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:47 AM

By this time, the sun had set, and Laika was beginning to feel cold. She shook herself and walked forward. Hopefully she would be able to find somewhere dry and warm to sleep. She had slept in the cold before, but she didn't like it. She had also slept in wet places, and that was worse.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:49 AM

Laika lifted her head suddenly, and stopped where she stood. She could hear a rustling sound coming from the air above her. She squinted against the moonlight, as everything was getting dark around her. She gasped, suddenly, as she realised she was looking at a cloud of tiny Batti. She sat down on the grass to watch them flying around.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:50 AM

She was startled a moment later when one flew down and bumped into her nose. She opened her eyes wide and sniffed at it. It made a high-pitched screeching sound, which surprised her again. She opened her mouth and licked the little creature. It screeched again and fluttered around her head.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:51 AM

The batti flew in close, and landed on Laika's back. It clung to her with its tiny claws. It began to crawl onto the top of her head, between her ears. Laika stood very still, feeling a little confused. She had never met a Batti before.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:52 AM

Laika huffed quietly as the Batti took flight from on top of her head. It stretched its wings and jumped, flapping them quickly. Laika watched as it turned to face her. It screeched one more time and bumped against her nose. Laika watched as it then flew up into the air to join the other Batti.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:54 AM

Laika left the batti cloud behind her as she wandered further into the park. In the daytime it was a lovely place to be, but at night it was filled with shadows. Laika shivered as a cold wind blew through the park. She needed to find somewhere out of the wind, at least. She wandered towards the trees, hoping there would be somewhere suitable there.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:55 AM

Laika was lucky; one of the thicker trees seemed to be hollow. She squeezed in through the hole, and curled up in the base of the tree. It was quite big, and she was quite comfortable. The hollow faced away from the wind too, which was good. Laika washed her face and licked her paws as she listened to the wind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/11/2016 9:57 AM

Laika had just laid her head on her paws when she smelt a recognisable scent blown on the wind. It seemed to be coming towards her, and she pricked up her ears. All of a sudden, the Draculi from before squeezed itself into the tree. It stopped still for a moment, before it recognised her. It began to purr, and moved to rub itself against her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext