Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:03 PM

Laika was relieved to see the basket slide through the hole easily. She was even more relieved when she followed it. Outside, she found that the Draculi had pushed the snow away from the hole. It meant that the basket was still dry. Laika smiled, and picked it up again carefully.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:05 PM

The Draculi mewed, and began to walk towards the centre of the park. Laika followed it, trying to make sure the basket didn't rock too much. She didn't want to shake the little creatures about. She shivered as a cold gust of wind blew through her fur. Her paws sunk into the snow, and she walked carefully so as not to trip.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:06 PM

The first place the Draculi led her to was a hollow log. Laika placed the basket on the ground carefully, and went to investigate it. Inside, the log was full of damp moss. She snorted and shook her head. They would not be able to stay there.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:09 PM

Laika and the Draculi kept walking through the park. They soon came upon a canoe that had been turned on its side. Once again, Laika put the basket down to investigate. She poked her head into the canoe. She drew it back quickly, however, when she realised it was full of Chimerantula webs.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:10 PM

Abunch of Chimerantula began hissing at her and clacking their claws together. Laika retreated, followed by the Draculi. It hissed back at the Chimerantula as it followed Laika away from the canoe. As she walked away, Laika picked up the basket in her jaws. They would have to keep looking for a new den.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:13 PM

The next possible den they came across was a large hollow stump, with a hole between its roots. Laika put the basket down a short way away. This time, the Draculi stayed beside the basket. Laika sniffed around the stump. There was a strange smell that she couldn't place.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:14 PM

Laika suddenly jumped back in alarm. A cuniflare had just popped its head out of the hole in the stump. It was soon joined by three others. Laika whined, but turned away from the stump. It was already occupied, and she didn't want to force them out into the cold.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:20 PM

Laika picked up the basket and began to walk further into the park. The Draculi followed, looking left and right. It was keeping an eye out for possible dens. Laika hoped it would see something helpful. She looked around too, but couldn't see anything but snow.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:23 PM

Laika stopped to sniff at a rubbish bin. There was nothing inside it, for the park had been closed for a few days due to the cold weather. She wrinkled her nose in disgust, for the bin smelt foul. She sighed, and picked up the basket. She began to walk away, still looking for a den.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:25 PM

Laika raised her head and pricked her ears up. The wind was whistling through the trees loudly now. The Draculi shivered, and darted ahead. It seemed to be looking even harder for a place to shelter. Laika shivered, and followed it at a hurried pace.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:32 PM

Laika whined, and kept her head as low as she could. She tried to avoid bumping the basket against the ground. The wind was picking up, and it made the basket sway in her jaws. She hoped they would find a suitable den quickly. Her jaw was beginning to ache from the rough handle.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:36 PM

Suddenly, the Draculi darted into an opening in a kiosk wall. Laika tried to follow, but the basket didn't fit through! She set it down and tried to push it through, but it still didn't fit. Laika whined in frustration for the Draculi to come out. She didn't dare to get the small creatures out of it while they were still out in the cold.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:39 PM

Laika whined more loudly, worried that the Draculi couldn't hear her over the wind. The Draculi reappeared in the hole, and narrowed its eyes at her. It sighed, and jumped over to stand beside her. Laika licked its cheek in gratitude for returning. She picked the basket back up, and together they continued walking.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:55 PM

Laika led them to the children't play park. There, in the centre, was a small play house. Laika thought that perhaps they could sleep in there. When they got close, however, her heart fell. The house was completely open on one side, and was useless for warmth.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:57 PM

They kept walking, and Laika was beginning to feel very cold. She was also worried about the Draculi. It was a lot smaller than she was. Her long legs kept her out of the snow, but it was in it up to its chest. It had also been very quiet since they had left the kiosk behind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext