Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Blind Date: Sharpclaw and GAL

Postby amapup » 02/15/2017 10:16 AM

[Terrace Park]

Sparkling eyes absorbed the park grounds with excitement. It was like the yard at home, except even bigger! With more people! She sucked in a breath of air. And the smells! The labs had surely never smelled like this.

GAL romped across the grass, taking in the scenery. What a wonderful field trip for the house to take. Sure it had been an hour since she'd last seen anyone from the group, but that wasn't a concern. They wouldn't have gone on a trip somewhere that wasn't safe, right? Plus Anna said this was where she was supposed to meet up

Colors! The little lizard shoved her snout into a bed of purple flowers, relishing the tickling sensation of the soft petals against her nose. Something flickered in front of her vision, and an insect alighted just inches away.

"Oooh," she breathed, her eyes widening. It was one of those flying things - what had Dale called them - a buggerfly? GAL watched as the creature flexed it's wings, the sunlight glinting off the bright yellow hue. They looked so fragile...

And then it was gone, fluttering off to another destination. "Come back!" GAL cried, starting after it. "I won't hurt you!" Why wasn't it listening to her? She was so busy trying to track the butterfly's erratic flight that she didn't notice the creature she was about to charge into.

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 981
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Sharpclaw and GAL

Postby RiDragon » 02/15/2017 2:52 PM

Yes!  An adventure!  Oh but, wait, what was the adventure going to be again?  Uh..

Sharpclaw was bouncing her way along in the grassy fields of the park she had been sent to, thinking to herself and barely paying attention to what was going on around her.  She thought back to earlier that morning,

"Ok Sharpclaw!"  Her human, Olive said, brushing the reptile's feathers gently.  "I signed you up for a blind date!  You're gonna make a new friend today, ok?  But you gotta remember her name, and how to find them, okay?"
Sharpclaw had nodded so fast that she made herself dizzy and almost fell down, which made Olive laugh.
"Ok, ok, So her name is GAL, okay?  And she's a lizard like you!  She's smaller though and..."

The memory faded away as a butterfly caught her attention.  Was this what she was supposed to be doing?  Yeah, she thought so.  It had to be, why else would it be flying so close to her?  She was so busy staring at it that she had no time to dodge the creature that had barreled right into her.  She let out a quick squawk as she fell to the ground, the stranger on top of her.

[Ok I managed to reply before I had to run to class :P  Looks like I'm not gonna have time to catch a quick lunch though.  Oh well~  Didn't wanna leave you hanging.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/15/2017 10:27 PM

[Hope I haven't left you hanging now. :P Sorry I just got back from work.]

"Ooph!" One moment there was a butterfly in her view, and the next GAL found herself flat on the ground. She shook her head, trying to get her bearings. The ground was oddly squishy... and black? Suddenly the loud squack clicked in her mind.

"Sorry!" she chirped, quickly scrambling off the creature she had managed to bowl over. Had she hurt them? It looked like a reptile just like herself, except this one had big claws and feathers. GAL hadn't seen feathers on a reptile before. The little lizard hunched low, her tail wagging slowly as the stranger righted themselves. Hopefully they wouldn't be mad at her. She'd only been trying to keep up with the buggerfly...

And it looked like the buggerfly had gotten away, too. That was a shame. But this lizard also had lot of colors. "Pretty..." she said aloud, as she tried to trace the patterns in her mind. So many swirls...

She may have been staring for a tad too long.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/15/2017 10:57 PM

[Nah!  It's fine.  I usually take forever to reply anyways.
oh, also, Sharpclaw's colors tend to glow and pulsate, I bet GAL would love that :P]

The raptor was a bit dizzy, and still stunned by the hit.  Was she being attacked?  Was it the butterfly?  Butterfly sneak attack!  She hopped up, taking a battle stance and looking around.  Oh wait, someone said sorry, didn't they?  Butterflies didn't talk, at least, she didn't think so.  She relaxed herself, still not completely sure who was talking to her, exactly.

It took her a few seconds to see the little lizard in front of her.  It seemed to be in some sort of trance, which scared Sharpclaw a little.  "Oh hello, are you ok?"  She asked, tilting her head to the side.  "Did you hit your head on me?  Did you break your head on me??"  She seemed concerned, "I didn't realize I was hard enough for someone to get broken on.."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/16/2017 1:33 PM

GAL snapped out of the trance at the sound of someone addressing her. The sight of the battle stance made her tail wag a little harder, but the words that accompanied it sounded friendly, and as she met the other's gaze she saw only concern on their face.

"I was just saying your colors are pretty!" GAL replied, perking up a bit. The stranger's suggestion prompted a giggle , the chipper sound caring a slight electronic undertone. "I don't think you can break my head." The little lizard gave the raptor a smile. "Sorry for running into you. Were you chasing the buggifly too?"

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/16/2017 6:25 PM

"Oh!  Thank you friend!  You have pretty teeth!"  Sharpclaw was taught to always compliment someone in return when they gave you one, it was only polite, her master had told her.  "Glad I didn't break your head, good thing I am squishy."  She grinned while twitching the tip of her tail in excitement and giving herself a squish to prove her point.  Being a biolune pet, she was quite squishy due to being made of both flesh, plant and fungi.  It also made her a tad moist.

"Buggifly?"  She echoed, tilting her head.  Did she mean butterfly?  Or maybe Sharpclaw had been calling them the wrong name this entire time!  "Was it the flappy small buggie?  I was chasing one of those!"  She asked, still wondering if she was right or wrong.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/17/2017 11:12 AM

"Thank you?" GAL was pretty sure no one has ever complimented her teeth before. This raptor seemed a little strange, but GAL liked her. She was certainly more interesting than a lot of the people she met.

At the mention of the buggie the little lizard began hopping up and down. "Yes, that thing!" For once, someone who shared her excitement! "Aren't they cool!?" GAL looked out at the expanse of grass, as if the butterfly would magically return. It appeared to be long gone through. "We didn't have buggies like that where I'm from..."

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/19/2017 7:41 PM

GAL's excitement was definitely starting to rub off on Sharpclaw, who was already pretty excitable in the first place.  Her tail twitched happily as she bounced from foot to foot.  "Yeah, yeah!"  She whipped her head around, trying to locate it herself.  Looked like the bugs had a premonition about the two lizards and had fled the area.

Gal's next comment caught her by surprise.  "Where you're from?"  She echoed, tilting her head.  "But bugs are everywhere!"

[Sorry for the lateness, Had to work a lot of early shifts and passed out.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/21/2017 1:54 PM

"The labs did have some bugs..." she replied, tilting her head in recollection. "Sometimes I came across the little tiny ant bugs... or maybe the brown roach bugs-- people complained a lot about those. But colorful flappy buggies? Nu-uh!" GAL shook her head for emphasis.

She watched as the raptor also looked around for the buggie. A plan started forming in her mind. "Hey, do you want to track down the buggie together?" she asked, stepping closer to the stranger. "If we work as a team, maybe we can actually catch one!" In a place this big there were bound to be more flappy bugs somewhere, and since they were both interested in the same thing why did they need to compete?

(Sorry for the late reply! I got distracted yesterday setting my new computer up.)

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/23/2017 10:20 PM

Sharpclaw hopped in delight.  "Of course!"  She replied, beaming with happiness.  "That sounds like, super duper fun!"  She did a little spin while her markings glowed with her excitement.  She put her nose to the ground, taking a big loud sniff.  This didn't really help her find the bug though, it only made dirt and grass go into her nose.

"Oh.  I guess I can't really smell them, hmm."  She tilted her head, trying to think.  "How do you think we can track them down, new friend?  ....  Oh!"  She suddenly turned her attention to GAL.  "I don't even know your name!  I don't think you know mine either!  I'm Sharpclaw!"

[it's ok!  I'm really busy and stressed out from school right now myself :P  I hope my post isn't too sub-par!  I really wanted to make a post before I got too tired from homework.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 02/27/2017 1:52 PM

"Great!" The other lizard's enthusiasm made her giggle again. Especially as they bent down and took a loud snort- and GAL noticed her friends colors were glowing even brighter now. So cool!

"I haven't really smelled them either," she confirmed. "Maybe because they're so tiny and always flying instead of on the ground?" There was a small gasp at the stranger's words, before a wide grin cleaved her face. "We can really be friends?!" she asked, her voice going a bit too high. Her tail was wagging so hard now that half her body was shaking. What a wonderful day was this! And Sharpclaw was a perfect name for her new friend, what with those super big claws. Finally a name that made sense! "I'm Aperture Science Quantum Tunneling Genetically Altered Lifeform. But you can call me GAL!"

She bounced around in the grass, trying to burn of some of her excited energy as she contemplated the problem at hand. "When I came across that buggiefly it was sitting on a flower. Maybe they like flowers?" The little lizard's curiosity got the better of her. "Do your markings always glow when you sniff things?"

((Sorry for such a late reply! School has been tough  :cry: ))

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/01/2017 2:44 PM

"Of course we can be friends!"  The dinosaur replied, bouncing her body up and down in delight.  "Woah!  Your name is like...  Really long!  I wish I had a really long name!  Like....  Sharp Teeth And Claws And Fast Runner!  Or... um...  Sharp Claw's And Eater Of Candies!  Yeah!  I guess that might be too hard to remember though...  I don't even remember what I just said."  She giggled a little, trying to look around again for any little buggies.

"Oh?  My markings?"  She smiled so wide she almost looked like she'd break her jaw.  "Yeah!  They're cool right?  They glow when I'm excited or happy.  I can sort of control them a little bit."  She attempted to focus to make them dimly glow, which they did for a few seconds before she forgot what she was doing again.

[It's fine.  Same here honestly.  ;w;]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby amapup » 03/15/2017 10:35 AM

Another laugh as Sharpclaw began listing out names. When was the last time she'd had this much fun with the house kids? "There's a reason I use an acronym," GAL admitted. "And Sharpclaw already describes you, like, really well!! Although if you get to be Eater of Candies, then I'm Eater of Rocks!"

Her eyes grew bigger when Sharpclaw began glowing again. "Wow," she said, her nose almost touching the other creature's hide as she scampered over to get a closer look. "I wish I could glow like that!" She looked down at the green and blue patterns adorning her own feet. "I can make glowy things, but it doesn't work on most surfaces." As though to demonstrate, GAL made what sounded like a small cough as a blue flash of light shot from her mouth, striking the grass and disappearing in a small shower of sparks.

to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
from the Lever

amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/24/2017 11:50 PM

"Oh, I eat rocks too, so maybe I'd be just The Eater of Everything."  She giggled a little bit.  She almost shot up out of her skin when she saw the pretty sparklies that GAL had shot out of her mouth.  "Oh!  Ohmygosh!"  She spun around in an excited circle.  "It's like you breathe fire, but not hot, and blue!"  She dug at the ground in the spot the sparklies had gone.  "Soooo cool, and it didn't even hurt the ground at all!"

It was a minute or two before she was calm enough to continue the conversation.  "So, how'd ya learn to do that?"  She imagined herself spitting out glowy sparklies, but she'd do rainbow, not just regular old blue.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate