Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Do-wa-diddy-diddy-dum-diddy-do!

Postby Thessur » 01/16/2008 1:08 AM

Kayli Image
HydrokuhnaFemale

The sun was out, there were bird-things singing in the trees, all in all it was a beautiful day in the park.  Kayli was taking full advantage of the great weather and all the playground equipment.  She was currently clambering about on the monkey bars.  Once she climbed to the top, she stood on her hind-paws to get a better look around.  There were lots of other pets out enjoying the weather; maybe she could spot a playmate from up here.
The Hydrokuhna female was here by herself today and was a bit lonely.  She'd asked to come early since Thessur, her owner, planned on brining the Ferikoon trio with her when she came.  While Kayli could get along well with nearly all the other pets in the caverns, those three were a real pain to travel with.  They'd be here soon, but in the meantime she wanted someone to play with.  Maybe she could find someone with an interest in mechanical things.  Then they could find something to take apart together!

[1]

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 689
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/16/2008 1:56 AM

Fortuna

Fortuna roamed around the park, although she wasn't sure why. Maybe she wanted to feed the Mr. Wilson's, or lay down and relax. Both seemed like a good idea.

Unfortunately for her, there where none of the little birds running around the park, so she settled for just sitting down and watching the younger creatures frolick around the park.

As she watched, a Hydrokuhna caught her attention.
What was a visit to the park and not speaking to anyone? She reasoned to herself.

Fortuna stood up and padded over to the Hydrokuhna.
"Hey there, my name is Fortuna." She said, introducing herself.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/16/2008 2:17 AM

Ah-ha!  A brightly colored Kuhna with a friendly face was coming over!  Kayli flipped off of the monkey bars and landed with a somersault.  She was full of energy today.  With a bright smile, she trotted up to meet the other Kuhna.

"Hi Fortuna!  I'm Kayli, of Thessur's Cavern.  It's a wonderful day out isn't it?  Would you like to play with me?"

Kayli hoped the other female would stick around and play.  Maybe she'd even stay long enough to meet the others once Thessur showed up.  Once she got done fish shopping with her battleheart Grawlath she was going to bring the ferikoons.  Also, Kayli's brother Hoban was going to come soon to give his new flying machine a test run.

[2]
(ooc: I'll have Hoban trot himself over here soon, okay?)

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Fortuna 14

Postby Redd » 01/16/2008 9:13 PM

Fortuna grinned broadly. "Wonderful day indeed! Sure, I'll play with you!" She said happily.

The other Kuhna seemed to be friendly, and Fortuna was sure she could stick around and play for a bit, Krypto, her penmaster, had given her leave, and she did need something to take her mind of her son, who yet again had nicked off somewhere.

"What did ya have in mind then?"

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/17/2008 7:26 PM

Kayli did a happy little hop-skip.  Maybe Fortuna would become a good friend, or maybe they would only have a good time playing in the park today and would never see each other again.  It didn't matter really.  Kayli was just happy to have a new playmate for awhile.

"Well, I like 'follow-the-leader' games.  My brother and I play those a lot."

She thought out loud for a moment, trying to recall another game that might be fun.

"What else is there?  Hmm... Oh I know!  Treasure hunts!  I love those, especially when Thessur takes us to the shops."

The Hydrokuhna smiled happily at Fortuna.

"I like all kinds of games though, so if you have an idea about what to play I'd love to hear it!"

[3]

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/19/2008 8:30 PM

Fortuna smiled. "What game do you like to play?" She asked, clasping her two front paws together.
She didn't really care what the game was, as long as she was doing something, in the company of someone friendly, thats all that mattered to her.
And Kayli sounded to be a nice enough Kuhna.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/21/2008 11:09 PM

~Kayli~

The hydrokuhna bounced happily.  She was glad she came to the park today!  She giggled a little as she spoke.

"Then let's play follow-the-leader!  Should I go first or would you like to?"

Follow-the-leader was Kayli's favorite game.  Now if only her brother would get here soon they could have even more fun.

---

~Hoban, Male hydrokuna~

While his sister was frolicking on the ground, Hoban was giving their latest flying machine a test flight.  It was a funny looking little air-craft, a sort of miniature bi-plane painted bright blue and gold.  The hydrokuhna male revved-up the engines and hopped into the cockpit.

"Wu-hoo!  Here we go!"

He yowled happily.  Hoban pulled on his flight mask and tied on his lucky, white and blue scarf that his sister made for him.  Then he taxied down the "runway"he had Kayli had made and took off.
He laughed wildly with the thrill of flight.  Of course, he didn't need a plane to fly.  However, it was so much fun building and piloting these flying machines that he had to be reminded to exercise his own wings to keep from loosing his ability to fly.   Today though, he was bringing the plane to the park to surprise his sister.  She'd left before he'd put the finishing touches on it and he knew she'd be thrilled to see that their latest project was working so beautifully.

(You won't actually be able to see him comming quite yet, but he's almost there.)

[4]{1}

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/27/2008 6:31 PM

Fortuna looked quizzically at Kayli.
"Uh.. Could you tell me how to play it...?" She asked, feeling slightly embarrassed.
"I usually only play games by myself.." She mumbled hastily, in explaination.
At home, Fortuna went around making her own fun. Everyone else was either doing their own thing or, sulking around by themselves.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 01/28/2008 10:21 PM

Kayli bounced over and put a gentle paw around Fortuna's shoulders.  She smiled reassuringly.  The little hydokuhna noticed the embarrassment in the other kuhna's voice and she wanted to let her know there was nothing to worry about.

"Oh, no problem!  The game is really easy.  I'll go ahead and be leader first.  All you have to do is follow me and do what I do.  If I run around the monkey-bars backwards you follow and do that.  If I climb up the slide you come up behind me.  Then, after I do a few things, we switch and I follow you.  It gets more fun the more people who play, but you only need two."

Her tails waved happily and she stood up on her back paws.  She took a few steps and turned her head to smile at Fortuna.

"Come on, it's fun!"

She laughed and continued forward for about ten paces on her hind feet before dropping back on all-fours.  She then scampered over to the 'merry-go-round' thing and hopped on.  She started it spinning and went around about five times before hopping off and staggering dizzily to the slide.  The hydrokuhna went up the ladder halfway, climbed back down, then climbed back up again and slid down the slide laughing all the way.  Once she landed, she stepped aside to give Fortuna room to land then called to her.

"Once you get here you can lead!"

---

Hoban in the little bi-plane was circling the park looking for his sister and a landing place.  Maybe she'd found a few friends who would play with them both.  He'd like to have a few more players for their games.  Of course, they could always play with the ferricoons, but they tended to have short attention spans and they cheated.

As he circled lower and lower, the sounds of the little aircraft engines were beginning to be audible in the park.  A few birds looked up puzzled, and a few birdwatcher shook fists in annoyance as the somewhat noisy contraption disturbed the tranquility of the afternoon.

[5]{2}

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 01/29/2008 3:28 AM

"Oh, so its not that hard." Fortuna said cheerily. Fortuna watched carefully as Kayli went around the playground.
Fortuna started off. No sooner had she gotten off the Merry-Go-Round, Fortuna's head was spinning and she ran smack bang into a wall.
Not that running into walls was anything unusual for her.
"Its ok! I'll be fine." She said, although, she thought jokingly, if this keeps up, I'm gonna need a helmet head.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thessur » 02/03/2008 5:08 PM

Kayli was concerned for a minute, but the other kuhna seemed fine.  She giggled and trotted over.

"Well, if you're sure you're ok; would you like to take your turn leading?"

Just then, she heard a strange buzzing noise.  The hydrokuhna looked up to the sky and strained her eyes trying to spot the source of the buzz.  After a few moments, she saw it.  Her face burst into a huge smile and she ran along the ground following the shadow of the thing in the sky.

"He got it working!  This is so great!  Come on Fortuna, my brother is coming!"

Hoban looked below him.  There was the playground.  Oh, there was his sister!  It looked like Kayli had made a friend while she was waiting for him.  He waved and made the plane dip its wings as he flew overhead.  Then he again looked for a landing spot.  Ah-ha!  There was a nice open field just beyond the playground.  He turned the plane toward the field and began his decent.

[6]{3}

wishlist * Zoo Pen

<{~ Shiny? ~}>
Thessur
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 02/04/2008 2:11 AM

"It working? Does he, like, fix planes or something?" Fortuna asked, flicking her tails curiously.
She looked up and peered into the cockpit. In it was a Hydrokuhna.

As she waited, a thought passed through her mind about her son, Milos. She quickly brushed it aside and carefully walked over to Kayli and waited for the plane to land.
"What kinda plane is that?" She asked curiously.

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff