Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

[Quest] Incompetence at its Sweetest [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 7:27 PM

ImageImage
[Nine] - [Twelve]

As time went on, the general condition of all things seemed to improve. Shibazaki had helped swing living arrangements for the two boys, who had achieved a sort of odd celebrity status among certain groups. Shibazaki hadn't been sure whether to be relieved that finding a living space would be easy, or disturbed that two state-convicted terrorists were so easily welcomed in. Despite the fine rented space, Nine and Twelve found themselves spending more time with Lisa in her apartment, always being sure to message their dear housekeeper to ensure her that they were alright. She was elderly and kind--and had far, far too many recipes for sweets.

Something else had happened, too. Nine glanced at Twelve once he'd run the doorbell, the shorter boy looking over the cake recipe that their housekeeper had given them to take to Lisa's apartment. He watched Twelve's eyes dart from ingredient to ingredient, something soft stirring in his chest. He shifted his weight on his crutch when he heard a distant 'coming!' from inside, then drew in a startled breath when Twelve leaned in and pecked him soft on the cheek.

Through time and awkward half-communication and a bit too much love for each other, it seemed that they had all started dating, somehow or another.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Re: [Quest] Incompetence at its Sweetest [Self]

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 7:30 PM

[Lisa]

"Hi you two!" Lisa chirped as soon as she opened the door, her eyes shining at them. She noticed Nine's pink face, then looked at Twelve's beaming one, and she laughed, ushering them inside. Twelve wasn't halfway through the door before he had a hand cupping Lisa's cheek and kissing her lingeringly on the lips, making her squeal with laughter and playfully push him away. "Inside, you dummy!" she laughed, then turned to Nine, standing placidly in the doorway.

Her expression softened. "Hey, you," she murmured, leaning up on her toes to meet him halfway, their foreheads brushing. Nine wasn't big on kissing--she'd figured this out after asking about it, a few too many times after noticing how much he tensed up when she or Twelve did it. But he appreciated touch, and intimate softness. She stole a kiss on his chin, which made him smile more than anything else. Those, he'd decided, were okay and even welcome. "Come inside! It's chilly out here."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 7:38 PM

Nine hobbled inside with about as much grace as someone with a crutch could have--he'd gotten pretty good at using two, but once the doctors had deemed his left side recovered enough to go without it, Nine had to readjust to the balance. He no longer felt much guilt in making a beeline for the nearest seat to rest. Twelve tousled his hair gently in passing, getting a complacent groan and even something of a smile out of Nine.

"Oh, I remembered to charge the bluetooth speaker this time--so you can totally play some good baking music for us, Nine," Lisa called from the kitchen, where she was glancing over the recipe and getting out ingredients. "What's that band you really like?" she asked, an almost knowing tone to her voice.

"Oh! Oh! Signal Rocks, right?" Twelve asked, and Lisa burst into giggles. Twelve was always just barely off the mark.

"Sigur Ros," Nine called back, and Lisa could detect the chuckle in his voice at Twelve's defeated 'nooooo.' "But Arnor Dan is good, too..."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 7:44 PM

Eventually Nine settled on something, and Lisa cleared off one of the stools at the counter. "Hey Nine, I've got a space for you in here if you wanna abandon that soft chair," she giggled, and smiled when she heard the lounge chair squeak.

Twelve was balancing ingredients on his arms as he shuffled over to the small kitchen table and placed them down with a hum of thought. "Cherries... do you have cherries?" he asked, and Lisa frowned, shaking her head.

"Just cherry flavor powder..." she murmured, pensive. "It... might still work, right?"

"Yeah! Worth a shot," Twelve grinned, honestly delighted at the idea of any sort of dessert. The smile dropped, startled, off of his face when he heard a thunk, and looked up to see Nine was having a bit of trouble getting through the doorway with his crutch. He hurried over, scooting the trash can out of the way (it had been the main culprit), and offered Nine a smile. "Got it?" he asked quietly, and Nine felt the irritation and embarrassment settle into something softer.

"Mhm. A certain someone should keep her apartment cleaner--I wouldn't stumble as much," Nine murmured, offering Lisa a kind of mischievous grin over Twelve's shoulder. Lisa harrumphed dramatically and fished measuring spoons out of the drawer.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 8:39 PM

Twelve's eyes widened as he peeked at what Lisa was doing, a look of mock fear crossing his face. "Oh no, she's getting out her instruments of torture!"

Lisa turned around and put a hand on her hip, the other shaking the little ring of measuring spoons at Twelve. "Didn't you say you were done making fun of my cooking? So rude, Twelve. Nine, make sure he behaves himself," she sighed, but not without a smile, grunting as she hefted a sack of flower up onto the countertop.

Nine smirked at Twelve, reaching his free hand over to lightly thunk the back of Twelve's head, then run his fingers through the boy's hair, which seemed to smooth over his hurt noise. Twelve hummed, eyes closing and leaning into Nine's touch for a moment, then blinked his eyes open and considered his two partners.

In retrospect, he should've known he'd been kidding himself when he tried to separate his heart from Nine. But Nine was kidding himself, too, if he thought Twelve could separate from Lisa now. In the end... this worked well. Very well. Twelve felt a twist of happiness run through him, his body bouncing up like a happy spring. "Alright, I wanna make the frosting!"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 9:49 PM

"You'll eat it all," Lisa teased, but passed him the recipe and pointed to the bit about creating the frosting. "Can you follow this without me watching you?"

"Do you know who I am?" Twelve joked, grinning at her, then passed the recipe back to her with a smile. She looked at him curiously, then seemed to realize something. Twelve must have memorized the thing already.

She was still getting used to that, even after years. Twelve and Nine both were really something else.

"Alright then--Nine, can you be my mixer? If it's not too much trouble," she said, patting the stool for Nine to sit down and giving him a bowl once he was seated.

"It's not too much. My arms work fine," Nine murmured, not without a small hint of indignation. Lisa leaned up to kiss his temple, chuckling.

"I know, I knooow. Thanks, Nine."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 9:54 PM

Twelve watched the other two for a moment, his expression softening, though admittedly a small stir of jealousy lit up within him. He didn't hate it--there was something invigorating about it, something utterly normal and alive. Twelve rather liked any sort of feeling that came his way, and he met it head on inside of himself... with a bit of friendly competition. "I bet my frosting will turn out better than Nine's cake," Twelve chirped, friendly, as he started mixing ingredients and whipping a spoon around.

"You're biased. You like frosting better," Nine murmured, holding the bowl steady as Lisa dumped dry ingredients in, a smile curving her mouth at the boys' antics.

"You don't even like cake that much! You're the biased one," Twelve retorted with a grin, then yelped when some of the whipped material flicked out onto his clothes. "Aww, man... I like this shirt." Even so, he kept the goofy smile on his face.

"That's what you get for being competitive," Lisa giggled, smiling brightly at him as he tried to lift up the bit of shirt to his mouth and lick the not-quite-frosting-yet off. "Say sorry to your boyfriend."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 9:57 PM

"He's your boyfriend, too!" Twelve said behind his teeth, holding the bit of shirt between them as he set the bowl down for a moment. Nine tried not to stare too much at the bit of exposed skin on Twelve's stomach and hips--Lisa wasn't trying as hard.

"Keep acting like that, and Nine and I will keep the cake allll to ourselves," Lisa teased, laughing when Twelve gasped and placed his hands on her shoulders with a horrified sound. "No cake for mean boys."

"I'm not meannnn..." Twelve whined, thunking his head ever-so-gently on the back of her neck, then grinned as he picked up the bowl of frosting again. "Sorry, Nine," he said after a moment, less goofy than before. "I'm glad you're handling the cake, actually. My arm gets tired."

"You'd think with all that motorcycle riding you used to do, you'd have a little more discipline there," Nine chuckled, stirring the ingredients together slowly, so as to not spill anything.

"That was years ago," Twelve sighed, shaking his head with a sad look on his face. "I miss that old bike. Good times..." Nine eyed him with a disdainfully affectionate smile.

"It exploded."

"Hey, that was a good time!"

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 10:01 PM

By some miracle, the three of them wrangled something that seemed cakelike into the oven, and Twelve was trying his best to spoon the frosting into a bag for later application. Finishing after some struggle, he pulled out the pink-colored spoon, dolloped with frosting, his tongue sticking out slightly. "Anyone want some?" he asked, holding the spoon between Nine and Lisa. Nine looked a little put-off by its very startling pink color, but Lisa gave an affirmative noise and leaned in to lick one side of the spoon.

Twelve grinned, leaning in as well to do the same to the other side, leaving Nine to just watch in a kind of rapt, morbid fascination over how two people could like frosting that much. All it was was sugar.

Twelve brought up his finger to scrape the last of the frosting off of the inner bowl of the spoon, mostly untouched by his own tongue, and held it out to Nine. "C'mon, Nine, it's only a little. I made it myself! You gotta try it," Twelve mumbled with his best puppy eyes, which Nine had seen so many times that they had little effect on him, now.

Even so... Nine's mouth tugged into a smile, and he sighed dramatically, before a tiny wave of mischief came over him. He leaned in, taking Twelve's finger into his mouth and sucking. The tiny hitch of breath from Twelve was enough satisfaction to make up for the sickeningly sweet cherry frosting--truth be told, it wasn't bad at all.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 02/28/2018 10:05 PM

The finger slid out slowly, and Nine opened his eyes, blinking at the other two as he swallowed the frosting. Lisa's face was a bright red, lips a bit parted, and Twelve's expression looked a little bit dangerous, his lopsided smile intimidating. "W-what?" Nine stammered, a laugh escaping him. He hadn't expected to fluster them that much... only a little.

"Y-you're just cute!" Lisa squeaked, covering her face with her hands and hurrying to the fridge. "C-can I get you two something to drink...?" she mumbled behind one hand, opening the fridge with the other. The two boys exchanged a glance, Twelve's face breaking into something less tense, less charged, something more humorous.

"Our Nine is a seductive one--I never knew. He's been hiding it from me all these years!" Twelve lamented, leaning on the counter with an elbow and grinning. "Can I have milk?"

"I'll have some milk as well, if it's alright," Nine piped up, inwardly too proud of himself for Twelve's comment. Perhaps... it was more fun than he thought. Lisa brought three glasses of milk over, looking a bit recovered herself, and sat down at the countertop with a happy sigh. The smell of cake baking in the oven washed over her pleasantly. Right then, watching Nine and Twelve continue to chatter back and forth, she found she wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate