Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Postby Matt » 01/25/2008 9:54 PM

"Few... you scared me!" She softly mewed and pushed the cafe door open. Walking up to the desk, she jumped up to the counter. She waved to the two-some to follow. "Number and species?" "3 kuhnas. Thank you." "Over here guys!" She mewed to them.

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/26/2008 12:46 PM

Kagai smirked at Hantoumei, feeling a bit sorry for her. But he merely motioned for her to go forward into the cafe, looking at her warmly. He let her walk past her and up next to Surface. Surface...she was pretty, and smart too. Kagai didn't know yet, though, if he liked her or not. Perhaps...but for now, he'd just mull things over a bit longer. And perhaps he'd send Hantii out to do something for a bit while he talked to Surface. The Calamikuhna sighed, then followed Surface to where she was standing.

Hantii bounced around, her nose no longer hurting. Or, at least, she had totally forgotten about it. She bounced back to happy in an instant, never really being mad or frustrated. She padded toward Surface, mewing, "So, what'd they have to eat?"

{9--14}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Matt » 01/26/2008 4:19 PM

Surface padded over to a small booth made for small kuhnas. "Well, they have the best tuna around, so that's what I usually order. Though, that's probably because they serve me free...." Suddenly, a male kuhna came over to Surface. "Hi Surface! I see you brought company today?" He was talking to her, but looking at Kagai. "Umm... Kagai, Hantii, this is Dane. Great Dane, to be exact. He owns the kuhna half of the caffe." Surface chated politely with Dane, and he padde off to the kitchen. A femme waiter walked over to the party "May I take your order?" "I'll have... the seared tuna.... and some crab dip please."

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/26/2008 8:20 PM

Kagai followed after Surface, glancing at Dane. He gave the Kuhna a small nod, mewing, "Hello." He paid little attention to the Kuhna, as he was still more interested in Surface. He padded into the booth, next to Hantoumei and across from Surface.
He glanced at the waiter,  mewing, "Guess I'll have the same as her." He stared down at his paws, flexing his claws in and out. He still didn't want to look at Surface, afraid that if he opened up to her, she would turn away from him. Hantoumei knew a bit about some of Kagai's secrets, but even she did not know all. And if Kagai was to be intimate with Surface, he knew he would have to share parts of his past that could be a bit...uncomfortable. Kagai sighed, mulling over the problem in his mind, and trying to think of an answer.

Hantii nodded at Great Dane, mewing, "Hi! I'm Hantoumei, but you can just call me Hantii for short. I guess you know Surface then? Well, I gotta go." Hantii padded after Surface and squeezed in the booth next to Kagai, and saying to the waitress, "Can I have...tuna? No, crab. No, wait, lobster. Or...or..."
"Just give her seared tuna," Kagai mewed, glancing at Hantii and knowing that she'd never be able to make up her mind. Hantii just stuck her tongue out at Kagai humorously, and waited for the food to arrive.

{10--15}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/26/2008 8:26 PM

Surface glanced at Kagai. She was muddling over wether to tell him of her past.... she was afraid of what would happen. Most would turn away from her, looking upon her as a rogue, or a stray. Though, she had to disagree. The real rogue was her insane brother. "Hey, dane?' "Yes, Surface?" Surface whispered a silent wish to her long-time friend. She wnted Kagai to feel comfortable, seeing as he would be her potential mate. So, Kagai..... did you have... any siblings?" She wanted to egt into the subject, for she wanted to share her past.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/26/2008 9:00 PM

Kagai sighed, glancing at Surface, then looking back down at his paws. His ears twitched, though, when Surface talked to Dane. What was she saying? Kagai could hear nothing of their conversation, and he narrowed his eyes. But he felt even more uncomfortable when Surface asked him about his siblings.
"I did..." he murmured, not looking up. "But they are no longer here..." Kagai hated having to talk about this. It brought up memories that were long, long buried, and he wanted to change the subject. Quickly.

Hantii glanced at Dane, then to Surface, then to Kagai. She knew that all of Kagai's family was long gone, for reasons he refused to reveal. She knew that he wouldn't say anything to Surface now, maybe never. He didn't look comfortable with this topic--not at all. Hantoumei just hoped that Surface would change it before Kagai really got angry.

{11--16}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/26/2008 11:26 PM

"Oh... um.... sorry. I.... do you live in a hose with many others? I do..... there's at least 20 rooms." Surface didn't want to make Kagai uncomfortable She hated having that efect on people. Ah, perfect timing. The waitress came with a plate of food resting on a cart pulled by her tail. ""Here you go! Seared tuna, crab dip, plain tuna, and another plain tuna! Oh yes, Dane brought this out." She put a small satchel next to the plate of food. Inside was a small gold watch with Kagai's name embedded in the back plating. "Umm... I wanted to give you something....." She blushed a faint rosy pink.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/27/2008 1:43 PM

Kagai nodded, glad to be off of the subject of family. At least, for now. So he answered her question a bit gratefully, mewing, "Yes. There are many, many others. There are not quite so many rooms, but the rooms we have are quite large. They are grouped into habitats--forest, grasslands, mountains, aquatic, and aviary. And there is also a seperate pen for us Kuhnas and the three Lucain residents."
Kagai was quiet until the satchel was placed next to his food. With a careful paw, he opened it slowly, eyes and expression not revealing anything--not delight or disgust. He touched the watch slowly, his claws following his engraved name. Softly, he murmured, "Thank you."

Hantii, a bit bored with the waiting for food, sighed. She glanced down at her placemat, turning it around, and doing some of the puzzles on the backside. Her ears listened to little of Kagai's and Surface's conversation now, and she did not rise until the food had been placed on the table.
"Mmm, it looks really good!" Hantoumei mewed, delighted that the food had finally come. She began to eat, stuffing her face, until she noticed the watch. "Oooo," she mewed, eyes widening. "What's that? It's really pretty!"

{12--17}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/27/2008 2:03 PM

"You're welcome. It's a..... watch. I got it for you." Surface mewed softly. She then nudged the food towards Hantii. "Well, let's eat!" She dug in to the crab dip with her nose, which consequently made her nose dripping with the mixture. She started to laugh, a soft, almost colored air sound. "So, you've got more than 5 kuhna? Pima's gettng 2 more kuhna soon..... I wonder who?" Surface had only known 11 kuhna in her life. Her mom, dad, Kagai, Hantii, her best friend Enbi, Book, Damian, and Volume. Oh, and, her insane brother Sec.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous