Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Mend My Broken Heart {Private}

Postby Ghostlily » 01/24/2008 3:35 PM

[center]ImageImage

'Hmph. And I thought some people were clumsy.'

Kagai Eimei glanced to look at the Translucent Kuhna who had fallen over her own paws. She often did so, and Kagai told her warmly, "Someday you'll fall and break your neck that way." He enjoyed the female's company, but didn't see her as a mate. No, she was more like...a niece to him, a good friend. But never a mate. She was much too young for him, and besides, he wasn't looking for a mate anyways. Perhaps if the right one came along, but Kagai doubted that that would ever happen. He wasn't always the most charming of Kuhnas, even though he wasn't too unkind. Some classified him as 'creepy,' but this youngster seemed to enjoy his company. And he enjoyed hers.

Hantoumei pouted, her eyes sparkling despite the dirt on her fur. "I didn't mean to!" she cried, narrowing her eyes at Kagai. Letting out a 'Hmph' as she got up, she hissed playfully, "Better run old man, or I'll make you pay for that!" And so she leaped upon Kagai, her fun side taking over. Hantii loved mischief, and despite her moody Sulkuhna genes, she shone through as a happy person. Always optimistic, she seemed to equalize the gloom that Kagai would occasionally feel. She loved being with the older Kuhna, happy that she had found someone to put up with her constant talking. Growling playfully, her growl turned to a sharp cry and Kagai dodged and left her to crash to the ground. She glared, not unkindly, at the Calamikuhna before shaking the new dust off of her already dirty fur.

{1--6}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Matt » 01/24/2008 5:24 PM

Surface walked through the tall grass and thickets of the park's entrance.

"Well, this seems like a nice place...." Surface walked through the entrance to Terace Park. She walked along a brick path, down to where she was ment to meet Kagai, her suitor. "I hope he's nice.... or at least sexy." She thought she was alone for quite some time, until she heard kuhnas. "Kagai? Is that you?" She looked through a hedge to see Kagai and a translucent kuhna, a teenager at that. She jumped through the hedge to where they were talking and apparently playing. "Hi Kagai. I'm Surface." She said in a silky and smooth voice.

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/24/2008 7:32 PM

Kagai grinned at Hantoumei, ignoring her pouting and giving her a gentle cuff on the ear.
"I guess I'm not so old, am I?" he mewed, his eyes glittering. He loved the little Kuhna as if she were his own daughter and often watched over her. And she needed it. She was lucky not to have already gotten herself killed, the way she acted. Kagai gave her a quick lick on the forehead, when a voice distracted him. He looked up, seeing the Arkuhna. Who...was she? Kagai had heard nothing about her--nothing at all.
"How do you know me?" he mewed, eyes narrowed. He wasn't taking chances with Hantii around.

Hantoumei let out a play growl trying to convince Kagai to have a nice wrestling game with her. But he had pulled away, then cuffed her head lightly. She let him win, mewing, "Nah, you're still old. Just not rickety like some of those old people." She lolled her tongue, grinning, then stood up and shook herself. Her eyes darted up upon hearing the arrival of the stranger, and, trying to look frightening, let out a hiss.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/24/2008 7:44 PM

Surface backed away from the hiss of the little kuhna. "I'm Surface. I was told to meet you here.... from my....... friend." She turned to look at a trash can overflowing with godies. "Umm... I'm gonna go over there and get some breakfast." The arkuhna was pointing to a particular can surrounded by doves and other scavengers. She lightly stepped over to a fence, and proceeded to hop aboard. After this silent stunt, she jumped onto the can lid, scaring away the few remaining flying rats, and the can landed on it's side, spilling out what Surface called breakfast. "Want some?" She asked the question towards the pair.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/24/2008 9:15 PM

Kagai raised an eyebrow at her. Perhaps...maybe he had forgotten something...He had remembered one of the other Kuhnas, Falia, reminding him of something, but...he couldn't quite remember. Was this what he was supposed to really be here doing?
Glancing at Kagai, he laid a tail on the Translucent's shoulders, cutting her back in her fierce approach. "Let me handle this," he mewed, eyes flashing and causing Hantii to stop. He glanced back at the Arkuhna, raising a brow at her when she offered him a bit of the trash she had found.
"Hmm. You call that breakfast? Come with me, and I will give you a more suitable breakfast." The Calamikuhna, looking a bit grim, walked over to a bench where he had earlier left a small bag. Inside were bunches of coins to buy whatever Kagai needed. And it also held a few snacks.

Hantii stared as Kagai opened the pack and lifted out a piece of beef jerkey delicately in between his paws. It didn't help that he didn't have thumbs, she thought, but kept it to herself. But what was he doing? This was a complete stranger! They had no idea...besides a name...of who she was! And Kagai was just going to trust her--just like that!
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Hantoumei mewed in Kagai's ear, but he flicked her away with his tail, dropping the jerkey at Surface's paws.

{3--8}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/24/2008 9:36 PM

Surface stared at Kagai. Nobody had ever been genuienly.... nice to her. "Thanks. Alot." She picked up the meal delicately and gulped it down. Proceding to walk past him, she swished her tails in a playful motion. "So, you're Kagai, and..... you are?" She stared at translucent kuhna. Her eyes went dark blue for a moment, meaning she was a bit distraught over what to do about the sitation of she knew why she was here, and Kagai not knowing about their meeting at all.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/24/2008 10:21 PM

Kagai still held the same grim look, as he dove into his mind, trying to find the answer to the why he was here. He knew that if he searched for just a few moments more, he might find it. But his mind was much like a labyrinth, that even if he managed to get a trace of what it was, he might fail. But he would still try.
"You're welcome," he murmured, his mind elsewhere.

Hantoumei glanced at Kagai, knowing that he was trying to figure out the situation. She felt sorry for the poor guy, but couldn't voice her thoughts now.
Glancing back at Surface, with little trace of her past hostility, murmured, "I am Hantoumei. It's kind of a long name, so you can just call me Hantii. The entire name is Japanese for 'Translucent,' since I'm a Translucent Kuhna..." Hantii certainly would talk a lot, about things that weren't even of interest of others. Trying to keep the situation not quite so awkward, Hantii mewed, "So...why're you here?"

{4--9}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/24/2008 10:30 PM

Hantii.... nice name. She was begining to warm up to the little translucent... "I was sent here to.... well, get to know Kagai, really. My own- I mean, friend, said we would meet in a 'white building' soon to, so we should get to know each-other." Surface stared at Kagai... when she came she was only thinking of good looks, but now... he was so much more....

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/25/2008 10:32 AM

Kagai's eyes widened, but other than that, his confident appearance did not fade much. He vaguely remembered the conversation he had had at home...
"Oh, Kagai, don't be so serious. You'll be fine!"
"Hmph. I still can't believe she's making me do this. You know how some people are! And...a breeding?! She didn't even ask me!"
"She thought it would be good for you. Stop worrying! Why don't you go to Terrace Park with Hantii a while and just calm down? Things will look better later. And I'm sure she won't judge you badly."
"Hmph. Whatever..."

Great. Just great. So this was the pretty little female he was supposed to be breeding with. Kagai sighed, knowing that he shouldn't blame this on Surface. She had only come here because she had wanted to meet him, making things less awkward later...or so, he hoped that was why.
"Hmm...perhaps you are right and it just slipped my mind," Kagai mewed casually. "As you know, I am Kagai, Kagai Eimei." He gave the Arkuhna a small bow.

Hantoumei glanced at Kagai, knowing that he was just beginning to remember. Hantii herself hadn't thought of it until now, and she gently laid a tail on the Calamikuhna's shoulders. He didn't react, still deep and thought, and so she let him be.
"So...breeding rooms..." she murmured, not knowing quite what to say. "I haven't been to one myself, but my father is now meeting with another Kuhna..." Hantoumei knew that she was getting desperate in finding something to say.

{5--10}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/25/2008 12:37 PM

Surface started to react to the desperate conversation going downhill. "Umm.... well..... do you guys want to go to the caffe? I've heard they have really good kuhna reservations!" Surface herself wasn't going to give up trying to get to Kagai's attention. She didn't want him to be scared of her, just..... "So.... Hantii.... you have a dad? Do you have a mom to?" Surface, having lost both parents at a young age, never really new what they were.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/25/2008 1:24 PM

Kagai raised a brow at Surface, but said nothing. He could tell that she was feeling a bit awkward, and he hated that she felt that way. He didn't want to make this any more uncomfortable, but for now, he was silent, letting Hantoumei talk. Sometimes, he knew, the Translucent Kuhna could make things more comfortable with her constant talking, even if it did get a bit annoying...

Hantii shrugged as she said, "Yeah, I have a mom, she just doesn't live with me. My father, Kalick, he only sorta liked her, he said. Pfftt...whatever, I told him. He'd like any girl, he's such a big flirt and all. I mean, you wouldn't believe some of the stupid soppy crap he says sometimes. But I just make fun of it and we laugh, and...yeah." Hantii grinned, not really noticing that she was going on about things as usual. She opened her mouth to speak again, but Kagai interrutped.

"Perhaps you'd like to talk in the cafe?" he mewed, glancing at Hantii. Then, he looked at Surface, murmuring, "Trust me, you'll want to. The walk might slow her tongue long enough for you to figure out what she's saying." Perhaps a little comic relief might help...

{6--11}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/25/2008 9:07 PM

Hmm... Surface was deep in thought about parents when the sentence "Perhaps... talk.... cafe" hit her mind. "Sure. I'd love to." She laughed and mewed softly at the comical relief Kagai brought with the last sentence. "So, Hantii, you have a mom.... a dad.... a brother?" Surface was thinking about her brother for the first time in 8 years. Her eyes glazed over white, but she continued walking as if in a daze. She was havng a flash-back, and actually would probably fall backwards in a few minutes. She was afraid. Trully afraid. She hadn't had a flash-back in a few years, and not as bad as she knew this one would be. Last time she had scared her best friend into thinking it was a coma.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/25/2008 9:25 PM

Kagai nodded, then continued to walk forward. He glanced around, looking for the cafe, knowing it was somewhere around the corner. As he walked, he thought about the situation. It was an interesting one at best, and Kagai wondered how he and Surface would get along. She was nice, he guessed, but he couldn't really tell about her in the first five mintues or so. But...was he supposed to have kits with her? Kagai didn't know if he could. Being around Hantii and taking care of her was one thing, but...kits?

Hantii nodded, mewing, "What, did I forget to tell you about him? Yeah, I have a brother. His name's Coelth. He's kind of pessimistic, but he's good at heart. I mean, sometimes I can't even believe that he's my own brother. But he talks more to me than anyone, but sometimes I think he just ignores me. I think he likes me best, even though he doesn't say anything." Hantii grinned walking toward the cafe. Kagai was in lead, and she was talking too much to notice where she was going. And so she walked straight forward into the door, nose smooshed and eyes watering from the blow.

{7--12}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 01/25/2008 9:34 PM

"Surface, you'll pay for your survival!"
"Sec, no!"
"Sec! Get away from her!"
"Never! She'll pay for the chance to live! I don't!"
"Sec, you chose to go to that life!"
.......pain......excrutiating pain....

Surface slid her eyes open from her daze, the horror of the last she ver saw of her brother coming back up in the form of a lump in her throat. She couldn't even tell Hantii not to go forwards into the door. THUD "Hantii! You ok?" She rushed over to the girl, looking over her, making sure she wasn't hurt.... she'd seen enough hurt in her life.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 01/25/2008 9:42 PM

Kagai jumped when he heard the thud. He whipped his head around, and upon seeing Hantii, he rolled his eyes. He could tell that she was okay, but turned to examine her anyways. As he moved towards Hantoumei, he brushed past Surface, but he said nothing to her.
"Silly girl. Don't you even stop talking long enough to see where you're going?" The Calamikuhna looked over Hantii's body, seeing her watering eyes and crumpled nose. He grinned slightly, then gently licked her cheek, mewing, "Get up. You're fine."

Hantii's eyes widened as she crashed into the glass door, but they watered and she shut them quickly. Man, that hurt. She gently pawed at her nose, making sure she hadn't torn it off or anything.
"I'm okay..." Hantoumei murmured, shaking as she stood up. "Just...bumped my nose. Ow..." She glanced at Surface and Kagai, before shaking her head to rid it of any jumbled thoughts.

{8--13}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next