Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Metha's Trick or Treat [2022 Halloween Event!]

Postby Firetra » 11/03/2022 8:37 PM

The ghost was unpleased. She expected him to be more frightened, maybe make him scream and run away. But this man seems to have some sort of iron will to not freak out. She pondered for a second when Awyn started to begin to walk away. She panicked for a moment, knowing that she could not physically hold the small man in place. Her mind raced as a small idea popped into her head as she started to chant complete nonsense, as if she was chanting a spell. She then floated behind Awyn and grabbed him by the head, making sure to keep up with him to keep up the illusion that she could actually grab him.

[Treat]

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 11/03/2022 9:13 PM

It would have been easy for Kaden to warn his cousin. He could have said something, should have said something. But there was part of him that wanted to see Russell jump out of his skin. After all, the skeletons weren't actually dangerous, right? They were part of the decor, meant to scare and gain some giggles but certainly not hurt anyone. This was a family friendly event.

So he kept quiet, and he watched.

"Hey, what are you starin' at...?" At the last moment, Russell turned. But by then, it was too late. The skeleton placed one bony hand on his shoulder, cocking its head as it leaned in close. The man screamed, stumbling backwards into Kaden, who easily caught him, despite the fact that he was doubled over in laughter.

The skeleton seemed to be laughing as well as it turned to find its next victim.

[Good Treat]

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7194
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 11/03/2022 10:13 PM

Kumara’s hardly visible smile in amusement quickly became a small frown. While Jace was given a handful of candy inside a bright yellow bag, the Fellox took a while to realize something a bit... wrong, in a sense.

Jace happily approached his companion, his once hunched over, anxious posture now being one where he appeared excited and upright. ”What’s the matter? I mean... we got more treats, just as we were wanting, right?”

”Oh, no, It’s just that I remembered, we were supposed to bring costumes...” Kumara looked around, glancing at all the people in the nearby crowds, many of which sported both unique and unusual attires fitting the setting of the haunted palace itself.

”Costumes?”Jace scratched their head, their other claw gripping the candy bag firmly against his snow-pelted chest.

The Fellow’s ears folded down briefly. ”Truth be told, I suppose the candy-givers thought I looked like someone with a costume on...” They pouted and sighed softly. ”It took me a while to notice, but I was a little worried they wouldn’t give you anything. However, your looks do give the impression, that, perhaps you’re only slightly off-season with your costume... if you know what I mean.”

Jace shrugged off the comment, he was happy after all that he was able to get more candy on his own. “A costume is a costume! I may look like someone who’s early to a different festivity, but I think the nice person in the ghost costume liked it.”

[Treat]
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1426
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 11/03/2022 10:16 PM

Clovis's sour expression didn't change. "I just got here," he replied to Sergio's question about the candies. All he had seen were the cheap decorations, which he had no interest for.

"Really?" Sergio smiled. Fair, he should have figured Clovis hadn't been here long yet. Maybe he had been here for a bit, and Sergio hadn't noticed him. It was unlikely, though, in retrospect. Clovis had never been the social type. So Sergio could now see the younger priest making a dash for him rather than sticking around all this on his own.

[Treat]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 11/03/2022 11:07 PM

Click... Clack... Click... Clack...

Further on Tondra went down the path, weaving her way through twist and turn as she came across one headstone after another along the way. Until finally she would manage to come out of whatever area that was, to return to the main path that she should've stayed on in the first place. Asmall distance away was the fountain up ahead.

But the whole time, Tondra still couldn't shake this strange feeling she had. As that same sound continued to drone on, seemingly without end, in her ears.

Click... Clack... Click... Clack...

A few times, she had turned her head back around to see where it came from. But there would be nothing else except for the same lonely headstones she'd seen before.

[Treat]

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby amapup » 11/03/2022 11:31 PM

Anna sat parked in front of the palace gates, sign in one hand and cup in the other. She knew what she was doing wasn't proper, and she didn't enjoy the hushed tones and avoided glances she would likely receive. But Zuhai she'd been struggling to scrape things together lately, and she was hungry. Hopefully some of the trick-or-treaters would take pity on her. Even some candy would be better than nothing at this rate.

"Trick or treat?" she asked, holding her cup out towards the costumed passerbys.

[Good Treat]

Barely controlled locomotive consuming the picture and blowing the Crows
to Smoke
Eternalized
Objectified
You set your sights
So high
But this is beginning to feel like the bolt busted Loose
from the Lever

Pets (under construction):Wishlist:Trades
amapup
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 996
Donate

Postby Lilith Michaelis » 11/03/2022 11:48 PM

It didn't take him long to slide out of the entry foyer and main hall and off until the expansive halls of the palace. Nor did it take long for Luce to find himself alone in the long corridors. He wasn't worried, however, more than certain that he was scarier than anything the palace had to throw at him. After all, if invitations were to be believed, this was all in the name of celebrating all things spooky and no harm should occur. Physically, at least.

Luce walked for awhile, admiring the molding and architecture of the palace. He found himself wondering if it was always like this or if it looked this was specifically for this little haunted house thing. And it was interesting, how these halls twisted and wound in ways that... didn't quite make sense. Not to the typical mortal mind.

The familiarity of it was almost comforting.

[Trick]

There's a reckoning a-coming
It burns beyond the grave
There's lead inside my belly
Cause my soul has lost its way

Lilith Michaelis
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 773
Donate

Postby Kylo » 11/03/2022 11:59 PM

Feemor smiled softly at Granta as he took his hand and the two of them went to get more candy. He knew the boy was disappointed and was desperate to please him.

The problem was Granta was a difficult child to please. He got bored easily as he was very bright for his age. He was curious, and rarely frightened. If anything he himself did the frightening. He had a habit of being unnoticed until he wanted something from you.

[Treat]

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby crow » 11/04/2022 12:15 AM

ImageImage

"Why didn't you get that new guy of yours to do it?" said Leo, though it came out a little more sulkily than he would have liked.

"Oh, Eric? He wouldn't have gone for it," Vivi said. Her casual tone caught Leo by surprise. "Why? I thought you didn't like him."

"I don't," Leo said. "I'm just surprised you aren't... I heard what happened at the club." In fact, he had to do some damage control to make sure it didn't get more out of hand, or more publicity for that matter, than it had. Vivi didn't really think about these things, but Leo knew that life as they knew it now was only possible if they kept out of the public eye and didn't create real problems for their mother.

"Oh, that was all him. You should see what he got up to at that one music festival back in May," Vivi said.

[Treat]
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Adelie » 11/04/2022 3:27 AM

The last time he had been to a Halloween party, it had been for work. That was several years ago, when he was still bright-eyed and brush-tailed and thought that you had to attend work functions to network, or whatever the recruiters were calling it these days.

Honestly, he wasn't entirely sure why he'd suddenly decided to go to this one. Maybe he'd suddenly developed an unfortunate dependence on parties after being forcibly invited to one every month for the past year. Maybe he was experiencing Stockholm syndrome, except the target of his newfound affliction was the idea of going outside and socializing with people. Maybe all his problems, as usual, stemmed from Fischer's annoying tendency to meddle.

Either way, he had made it here. Now it just remained for him to do something. Maybe even enjoy his time here. Who knows - the night was young and full of possibilities.

[Treat]
and if you ask how i regret that parting:
it is like the flowers falling at spring's end
confused, whirled in a tangle.

what is the use of talking, and there is no end of talking,
there is no end of things in the heart.

ezra pound, exile's letter
zoo pen | journal | wishlist
Adelie
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2255
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/04/2022 8:27 AM

"Not that it seemed to stop him anyways," Xyshari muttered. "I can't deny his smarts, however, and perhaps he's mellowed out over the years, so maybe I'm just anticipating the worst because I know how bad he can be," she said as she rolled her eyes. "But, since you three have been here, what do you think of the party?"

"This Metha person certainly goes all-out for parties," Theron said. "Think Indo could pick up some tips from her in regards to parties," he said, and both Arcann and Senya couldn't help but chuckle.

"I'm honestly surprised my sister kept him around as long as she did," Arcann said. "If she suspected anyone of treasonous intent, they were usually shoved to the bottom of the Spire from the Throne."

[Treat]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 11/04/2022 11:01 AM

"Hey, uh, did a black Lucain with red-and-yellow Storm markings come by here?" asked the Lucain walking up to the door. He was dressed very simply, having just added a pair of glasses, as well as a notepad poking out of his camera bag. "He said he was heading this way, but he should have come back by now." Still, it felt a little awkward to ask about this without participating...

"Oh, and trick or treat, by the way," he added, holding out his bag and opening the side candy pocket.

[Treat]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/04/2022 1:30 PM

Ichabod stared in amazement as he walked out into a hall filled with people mingling. All around the walls, there were tables groaning under the weight of spooky decorations and enough food and drinks to feast an army.

He felt a small tug on the fur of his shoulder, and turned his head to look at the rattegan, who pointed towards a table of cheese and crackers.

"You don't... can you eat?" Asked Ichabod, making his way over, still careful not to bump into anyone lest they figure out he wasn't actually wearing a costume. The Rattegan hopped down onto the table and grabbed a piece of cheese in its jaws, before scrambling back up his shoulder and nibbling on the cheese as it tucked itself into his fur.

Ichabod could feel the crumbs falling down, but he found he didn't much care, and instead helped himself to the food, perusing the tables and enjoying the festive atmosphere.

All too soon, he spotted another door, this time with a sign on it that said 'Farewell!' and he murmured to himself, as if an afterthought "Trick or Treat".

[Treat]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby Wyvern » 11/04/2022 7:23 PM

Kumara’s eager ears tilted upwards, their head turning their attention to the haunted house. Some of the people in the crowd moved on to the ages-old wooden door of the house, and with a long creaking sound of this door opening, they rushed their way inside. The ancient door closed with a loud thump, making the entire front of the house visibly tremble; although this noise was drowned among the loudness of the nearby crowd enjoying the free food, candy, and beverages.

The vulpine was strongly eager to follow, compelled by curiosity; but stood still besides their companion, knowing that he couldn’t be left behind. What could possibly convince the Tundragoon to come along? They were afraid of Jace walking off and getting lost.

Meanwhile, Jace was calmly enjoying the newly acquired assortment of candies. With a chocolate bar in one claw, and a mug of “witch brew” on another, he was more than happy and comfortable the way he was right now. He didn’t notice Kumara’s eagerness to move away until he could see the flames of the Fellox’s body brighten up his close proximity. “Oh? Aren’t you going to eat some candy as well?” He offered a piece of chocolate bar to them. “May I ask what are you looking for? You seem really... distracted, and that’s coming from someone like me...”

Kumara's serious look turned into a soft smile. "You know... I can always check out the haunted house later," they spoke to themselves, before looking towards Jace. "It's... did you not hear that...? N-nevermind then, it's nothing important. Let us enjoy the free amenities, shall we?"

[Trick]
Wyvern
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1426
Donate

Postby Firetra » 11/04/2022 9:28 PM

The trick worked as Awyn froze in place, his mind frantically trying to figure out what spell the ghost was casting. He listened to the words she was muttering but could not make out what language the spell was based in, which was understandable since it was just complete gibberish.

"Umm, I would prefer if..." He said sheepishly, which prompted the ghost to end her chanting. He breathed out a small sigh of relief, still unable to decipher what exactly she was saying. "Now, if we could talk this out like civilized... people... I think we can come to an understanding of why you should not be trying to take over my mind and body and then we can possibly come up with a solution to whatever problem ails you."

[Trick]

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate