Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

A Snack and Play[Alterna]

Postby Wildpath » 02/28/2008 10:06 PM

Wolf walked alongside Alterna on their way to Terrace Park. Serena was walking ahead of them and Taechi was still in the air. She looked around, the area didn't have a lot of trees any more and the place was more spread out. She would see Terrace Park ahead of them clearly. "Almost there." She stated, curling her tail. She was enjoying Alterna's company and she could tell Serena was liking Taechi's company too. She kept gazing up at him, a look of longness in her eyes. She shook her head and spook to Alterna."So what brought you out here?" She kept looking ahead, Terrace getting larger at every step.

Serena bounded ahead of Wold and Alterna. She was looking forward to playing with Taechi in Terrace park, and with Nert, the Hollowheart. She had heard they were really loyal to humans, possibly more loyal than a Tali could be. She wagged her tail and let out a yip of joy. She let her tounge fall out of her mouth.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 76
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/28/2008 11:17 PM

Alterna smiled as Terrace Park began to appear over the horizon. She laughed at Wolf's question, but not in the rude way, more like when you are happy and you just can't help yourself. "Well, I suppose we've all got to start somewhere!" And then leaning over and whispering in Wolf's ear, "And also to bond some more with Taechi, but don't tell him!" Then drawing back she scanned the skies looking for Nert, but didn't really see anything more because Taechi had just landed on her face. "Taechi!" she shouted. Well, more like some muffled blurb.
Taechi had been flying above, but had noticed that Alterna had whispered something to Wolf and being the disobedient creature he was, had dived down and landed on her face. Not until you tell me what you told her! Then he felt Alterna's hands pry him off her face. "I told her you were a bad boy!" She said. Not quite mad, she rarely did get mad at him, but very, VERY annoyed. At this she threw him back into the air where he quickly regained his balance and searched in his mind for Nert.
Neverheart: Temple Hollowheart

Neverheart, or Nert as she was fondly known by her companions, had been called by Taechi to meet them at Terrace Park and bring some food. Any other creature would have ignored such a command, but Nert was a Hollowheart and eagerly told Leore. Taechi then said that there was also going to be company, a Tali and a human. Leore, being told so, only packed more food. Now Nert was flying through the sky looking for Alterna and Taechi with a basket in her mouth. THERE you are! ,popped a voice in her head. I believe you're right above us, so get your lazy butt down here! Nert inwardly rolled her eyes, Taechi was such a pain. How did Alterna deal with him? Remind me to beat you when I get down there , she thought. Having said so, Nert performed a Peregrine Dive. A Peregrine Dive is when you twist in the air and spiral down to the earth, pulling up as close as you dared. Spiraling downwards Nert pulled up at about 10 yds and stretched out her wings showing her humongous 19 foot wingspan and they slowed her down so that she could land. (Nert has a body length of 12 ft. and a tail length of 10 ft.) Using her tail to take the basket from her mouth Nert bowed her head so that Alterna could  do her usual greeting for Neverheart. Nert saw Alterna run towards her and then felt Alterna's warm arms around her mouth. "Thanks bunches Nert!"  
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 02/29/2008 10:03 PM

Wolf nodded as Alterna whispered in her ear. She whispered back, "Yeah me too." She laughed when Taechi landed on Alterna's face. "I'm glad Serena doesn't do that!" She said in between giggles. Her attention was drawn to a strong flapping noise from above. She looked up and jumped back, her tail going down in between her legs. The large blue Hollowheart loomed above them. Nert. She realized after a minute. She walked up to Alterna's side and looked up at Nert. "Hello, Nert." She said forcing a smile. Nert looked to intimidating. She clicked her tounge at Serena to come over.

Serena stopped as the heard Alterna and Wolf whisper to each other. Wonder what they're talking about. She thought then ran back towards them. She stopped again as she saw Alterna run up to something blue and black, and then Wolf follow her. She finally noticed that it was a Temple Hollowheart. "I guess thats Nert." She said only loud enough for her to hear. She heard Wolf call for her, but hesitated. She had never been around such a large creature, especially a Hollowheart. She finally gave in a slowly walked up to them. "Hi." She said kinda low.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 02/29/2008 11:14 PM

Alterna was completely thrilled that Nert was here. She always felt giddy when Nert was around. Taechi felt the same way too and was swinging from one of Nert's horns. Finally letting go of Nert's snout she introduced Nert to Wolf and Serena, "These are our new friends! Wolf and Serena the Chaos Tali." Then she noticed the picnic basket hanging off of Nert's tail. "Oh goody! What did you bring?"
Taechi loved to climb all over Neverheart and this time was no exception. Looking down at Serena, he noticed that she looked kind of nervous about Nert. So Taechi flew down, and landing lightly on his feet next to Serena poked her playfully with his paw. Come on Serena! ,he thought to her. Nert is completely harmless! Remember, she's bound forever to the human race. Besides, I've lived with her forever and she's all talk about dealing with me. So come on! I bet Leore's packed a lot of stuff in that picnic basket!
After being introduced to Wolf and Serena, Nert dipped her head lower to both of them and thought to them, Pleased to meet you Wolf and Serena. My name is really Neverheart, but it would take forever to keep on saying that, so they nicknamed me Nert. At Alterna's question she made a low grumbling noise in her chest, which was her way of chuckling. Rearing back to her full height (She's about 13 ft. tall standing up.) and shaking her head, she brought the basket near Alterna. I told Leore that there was going to be a Tali and another person and she gave me more food to carry. I believe we have some hamburger patties, apples, grapes, a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly, and some sliced ham. Looking at Serena, Nert asked, You like beef and ham right? Leore packed those for you.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/01/2008 2:08 PM

Wolf watched Nert intently. She smiled and looked down at Serena. She looked a little timid, but Taechi was trying to coax her to move, so she didn't say anything. "Looks like she brought a lot of food. I could just add our food to it since there is so much." She suggested after noticing the picnic basket. It was rather large and you could smell all the different odors coming from it. She almost fell as Serena ran past her and up to Nert. "Looks like Taechi got through to Serena." She said regaining her balance.

Serena listen to Taechi and nervously giggled as he poked her. She half smiled again as Nert talked to her. "Yeah." She wasn't so nervous any more. There was something about Nert's voice that made her feel safe around her. She barked and wagged her tail, running up to Nert. "You're a little intimidating at first." She commented smiling.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 03/01/2008 7:24 PM

Alterna smiled, "I'm glad he did. Nert is an awesome Hollowheart and seems to show more emotion than normal Temple pets." With that Alterna flipped open the lid of the picnic basket and looked inside. "Oh look, Leore even put a picnic blanket for us!" Then turning to Wolf she asked, "Do you want to eat over here or walk over to a picnic table?"
Taechi was glad he had gotten through to Serena and leaped into the air again to land on top of Nert's head. Nert! Nert! Launch me into the air again! PLEASE! He crouched down into a pouncing-like stance to get ready to leap away from Nert's head.
Good , she thought to Serena. Looking at Serena as she ran up to him Nert chuckled again at Serena's statement. I guess I can be a bit intimidating with my size, but I'm only mean when I have to be, which isn't often. At Taechi's request, Nert bowed her head down and then reared up straight as fast as she could, launching Taechi high up into the air.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/02/2008 1:49 PM

Wolf watched Serena and Taechi while Alterna investigated the basket. She watched Nert toss Taechi in the air and watched Serena begin to climb up Nert's back. She looked over at Alterna as she started speaking. "Thats was kind of her." She said walking over to Alterna now. She thought about Alterna's question and decided she preferred to sit on the blanket. "We can stay here. I don't like sitting on wood much." She smiled and helped Alterna spread out the picnic blanket.

Serena watched Nert as she flung Taechi up in the air. I wish I could fly, that looks like so much fun. She thought running around to Nert's back and scrambling on top of her. She sat down between Nert's shoulders like she was going to ride her. "Look at me! I'm a Hollowheart rider!" She yowled then howled up at the sky.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 03/02/2008 3:09 PM

After Wolf had helped Alterna place the blanket on the ground Alterna began to place the food on the blanket. Even if she didn't look like it, Alterna liked to have things just a tad bit organized. Placing the peanut butter, jelly and bread next to each other and the meat on one plate in a corner then placing all the fruit in the middle. Looking it over Alterna asked Wolf, "Do you think that looks ok?"
Leaping off of Nert's nose at the highest point, Taechi pressed all of his limbs to his long, cylindrical body and shut his eyes. The roar of the wind making him deaf to everything else, but the true moment that Taechi wanted to feel had finally come. There is always one moment when something that has been flung up becomes absolutely still. Everything was quiet and Taechi opened his eyes, suspended in the air. Then, came the free fall. Doing a back flip in the air Taechi came out falling down head first and saw Nert leap off the ground with Serena on her back. Shocked, Taechi dived down onto Nert's head and yelled at Nert, What are you doing?!
Nert had chuckled as Serena had climbed onto her shoulders and then Nert decided that perhaps Serena really wanted to fly. So Nert pushed off the ground and began to soar up into the sky. Nert didn't fly too high and made sure she stayed level enough so that Serena wasn't off balance. Feeling Taechi land on her head she replied, Just showing her what it feels like to fly.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/03/2008 9:36 PM

Wolf stood aside while Alterna layed the food out on the blanket. She looked like she was trying to figure out how to group things. When she finished she stood back and examined her work. Wolf smiled as was about to sit down when Alterna asked her if it looked good. She stopped mid sit and looked at the food on the blanket. "I think it looks fine." She smiled and sat down. She looked around for Serena and the others, but didn't see them until she looked up. She could see Nert and Taechi and Serena sitting upon Nert's back. She smiled turning to Alterna. "Looks like Serena finally got her wish." She joked curling her tail close to her body so it wouldn't be in the way of the food.

Serena stumbled when Nert took off with her. She looked down at the ground below speeding past. She dug her claws into Nert for a moment, but finally got used to it and let go. She smiled and let her tounge flap out of her mouth. She barked then looked around. She could see almost everything within a few miles. She closed her eyes and let the wind rush into her fur. "This is great!" She finally said looking at Taechi flying beside them. "Now I see why flying animals make such a big deal about it." She smiled and closed her eyes again.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 03/04/2008 1:24 AM

Alterna looked up with Wolf and laughed, but was secretly worried. She didn't want Nert to drop Serena, but Nert was careful and would probably be able to catch Serena with her tail anyway. Looking back down at the food, she sat down near the peanut butter and jelly. Turning to Wolf she said, "Taechi will probably be the first one down here, he always notices he's hungry first."
Taechi looked back at Serena, she didn't seem to be off balance and seemed to be enjoying herself. Taechi saw Serena's mouth open and close, but the wind seemed to be snatching the words out of her mouth. Oh well, judging from her expression it mustn't be anything bad. Then looking down, he saw FOOD!. Changing course in mid-air he dived head first towards the picnic blanket, which to him now looked like a target.
Nert could barely hear Serena's words, but had heard enough to answer back, Glad you like it! I could stay in the air for almost forever since I don't have to eat. Turning slightly, Nert made it so that they could circle around the picnic blanket. When Nert heard Taechi scream 'food', Nert decided that it probably was a good idea to eat for Serena. Are you hungry Serena? , and then Nert began to gently curve downward, so that Serena wouldn't completely roll off when Nert landed.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/06/2008 5:01 PM

Wolf smiled and started making a PB&J. She took out the bread and cut off the crust with a knife and opened the Peanut butter. She then spread it on and did the same with the jelly. "Peanut butter and jelly is really good." She said more to herself then to Alterna. She took a bite and watched Taechi come speeding towards the food. She giggled and took another bite. "That Ferrikoon of yours is really something else." She put her sandwich down as she noticed Nert coming down with Serena. She took a plat and put some different kinds of meat on it and put it down beside her a little ways off so Serena could lay next to her like the always did.

Serena enjoyed the last moment of air as Nert started descending. This being her first time flying she couldn't help, but to hold on with her claws and crouch down low as Nert came tumbling towards the Earth. Once she had landed Nert asked her if she was hungry. "Yeah, and thanks for the ride. I really enjoyed it." And she just off of her back and ran over to Wolf. She sniffed in the wonderful aroma of ham and others kinds of meat. "Thanks." She said laying herself down next to Wolf and hungrily began eating the food.

OOC: Sorry it took me so long to reply. I couldn't get on yesterday.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 03/06/2008 7:09 PM

Alterna smiled and shook her head, "Yeah, Taechi can drive me crazy and still be lovable." Tossing the grapes out to Taechi, she began to make herself a PB&J sandwich. She liked to put lots of peanut butter on hers, since the jelly usually covered up the taste. Hungrily, Alterna took a bite out of her sandwich.
Snatching the grapes in mid-air, Taechi began to get dragged down by the weight of the grapes. After landing on the ground, Taechi began to pluck off the grapes one by one and tossed each one into his mouth. He'd eaten the grapes in no time flat, and reached into the basket grabbing one of the apples. which he immeadiately(sp?) began to wolf down.
You're welcome Serena. After saying so, Nert lay down nearest Alterna and watched them eat, laughing at how quickly Taechi ate. Slow down there Taechi! But she knew that the Ferrikoon wouldn't listen to her.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/06/2008 10:12 PM

Wolf smiled and patted Serena as she layed down. "Serena can be a handful too sometimes, but somethings wrong with her today." She giggled and shook her head. "But you can't be mad at them for long thats for sure." She smiled and took another bite of her sandwich. She watched Taechi eat like he hadn't eaten in days. "Boy you sure can eat, Taechi!" She laughed and took and an apple. She bite into the juicy skin and put it down next to her sandwich. She looked over at Serena who was eating almost as fast as Taechi was. "Slow down, you just ate this morning you know." She petted Serena again and smiled at Alterna.

Serena beat her tail furiously on the ground as Wolf pet her. She loved to be petted, it was so soothing and it felt like a massage. When Serena was down with all the meat and rolled onto her back and nugged Wolf to rub her belly. She whimpered when Wolf shooed her. Wolf eventually shook her head and began rubbing Serena's belly. She smiled a dog smiled and rolled back onto her belly when Wolf wouldn't pet her anymore.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Alterna » 03/07/2008 2:32 AM

Alterna smiled and shook her head at Taechi, who had by now already finished all of his lunch, which had consisted of grapes and two apples. "Geez, Taechi! I haven't even finished half of my sandwich yet!" Looking quite pleased with himself, Taechi slowly walked over to Alterna and began to curl up on Alterna's lap. Absentmindedly, she began to stroke Taechi.
When Alterna began to stroke him, Taechi began to hum.  It was a low hum that would make you think of a cat, except that this wasn't vibrations, it was music. At least to Alterna's ears it was music and right now it sounded like he was humming 'Silent Night'. Taechi kept on humming and curled up tighter in Alterna's lap.
Night smiled happily and brushed her tail back and forth through the grass in the rythme (sp?) of Taechi's humming. The sound and music was too lovely and lullaby sounding that Nert's tail began to swish slower and slower. Until finally it stopped altogether and Nert fell asleep.
Alterna
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wildpath » 03/07/2008 7:49 PM

Wolf finished off her sandwich and leaned back against her elbow and began to finish her apple. She looked over at Serena who had fallen asleep almost as soon as Taechi started humming. She sat up and moved the plate away and stroked Serena on the head and leaned back against her elbow again. "I think the animals have the right idea." She smiled while yawning. Taechi's humming really was relaxing and could put a ferocious Battleheart to sleep. She stretched her arms and layed back on the grass. She folded her hands behind her head and brought her legs up and stared at the clouds going by.

Serena licked the plate clean and pushed it a little with her nose so it wouldn't be in her way. She curled her tail around her and put her head on her paws. Her eyes began to get heavy as Taechi's humming started up and soon had fallen asleep.
[center]

Zoo Pen~Human Characters

Image[/center]
Wildpath
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next