Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Postby J'Tal » 03/14/2008 8:49 PM

As Ralph snaps at Venom, Venom spins around and grabs Ralph in one of his claws. Being very careful not to damage Ralph in any way, Venom brings him to his face.

"I got you..."

Opening his claws slowly, Venom waits for Ralph to jump out of his hand. When this occurs, he flies to where the two humans are. Landing carefully, Venom sits behind J'Tal. J'Tal turns to Venom, and says;

"We need to go get the others, do you want to wait here, or come with me?"

Venom ponders for a moment, then gives his answer.

"I'll stay with the girl and clockwork."

"All right." J'Tal replies. "I will go get the others. Stay here"

J'Tal gets off the grass and dusts himself off. As he starts to head in a southern direction, he calls something back.

"I'll be right back."

You see things that are and ask "Why?"
I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
ImageImageImageImageImage
(click on an image to level them)
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 65
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/14/2008 9:30 PM

Ralph gives a frightened yelp, quickly flying away as Venom lets him go. He snarls angrily as he flutters back down, deciding to rest a few feet above ground by hovering. He gives a few dirty glares at Venom, his ego hurt.
"Oh, stop being a sore loser, Ralph!" Ravean tugs his tail gently, making him yelp and quickly softening his glances with a sorry smile.
"Okay, I'll be here," She calls to J'Tal, looking over her shoulder. Turing towards Ralph, she points in the direction of the Whisper Forest, and asked, "Ralph, could you be a dear and get the other three? It's not that far, and most if them can fly, so you should return when J'Tal does."
Ralph nods quietly, spreading his wings widely, and floats back into the sky and begins to glide towards the Whisper Forest.

Ravean shifts uncomfortably, unnerved because they were suddenly alone. "So, Venom, how did you find J'Tal?" she asks,  smirking.
she said one day to leave her, sand up to her shoulders waiting for the tide
to drag her to the ocean, to another sea's shore.
this thing hurts like hell,
but what did you expect?

and all you can hear is the sound of your own heart
and all you can feel is your lungs flood and the blood course
but oh I can see five hundred years dead set ahead of me,
five hundred behind,
a thousand years in perfect symmetry...
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/14/2008 9:59 PM

Species: Void Battleheart (H)
Name: Venom
You have already met

Species: Hollow Chimerantula (M)
Name: Tyranid
Met while traveling between Tunn Mts & Nori Volcano

Species: Void Bleeder (T)
Name: Scar
Is from alternate dimension where I'm in constant pain

Species: Venom Serraptor (M)
Name: Ellipsis
Met in the Vast Plains, she attacked me, but I 'convinced' her to join me

Venom smirked at Raveans question.

J'Tal arrived about an hour later, with 3 new companions.

32-2-2-2
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/15/2008 12:45 PM

Lauren
Randolf
Jaberwock

Ravean cocks her head quietly, wondering why her question was so funny. She sits in silence as she waits for J'Tal and Ralph to return, plucking up the grass underneath her.

-An hour later-
Her eyes light up as she sees J'Tal returning with the rest of his family. They all looked slightly twisted and actually quite scary, but they seemed nice so she gave a welcoming smile. "Ah, your back! Quite an interesting menagerie you got there, J'Tal," She quickly heaved herself up and dusted the many grass and dirt particles from her pants. "I sent Ralph to get my little family, he should be home soon."
As she finished the sentence, a howl issued form the direction of the Whisper Forest. Turning her head around, Ravean spots two dots in the evening sky, one large and the other about three quarters smaller. As they came closer, it was clear what they were: Ralph, in front, was leading a massive Blood Hollowheart, which upon its back held two Kuhnas and a large burlap sack in its talons. A large metal collar hung around its neck, apparently heavy.
Its wings making loud whoomping noises, the Hollowheart takes its place on the ground, switching its position of the sack from its feet to its mouth. The two cats leap off and give a welcoming mew, one with fur like a river, the other a prismatic masterpiece as a sticky colorful substance leaks from its paws. A loud clicking noise came from Ralph, and he spoke, this time in a voice similar to Ravean's, "We're back! We brought food, too," He gestured towards the sack, and as if by command, the Hollowheart drops the sack with a large thud. Ralph swiftly opens it up, showing them two buckets of colorful fish, a bag of raw meat of various animals, a sack of vegetables, and two jugs of what looks like cider. "Now, who wants to make a fire?"

9-1-1-1
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/16/2008 11:23 PM

Venom seems uncomfortable when he sees the Hollowheart. (read Battleheart's coding page details: Battlehearts hate Hollowhearts) After J'Tal left, Venom talks with Ravean about other subjects but not the question asked. When Ralph returns, Venom sniffs them all with the exception of the Hollowheart. (If the Jaberwock tries to go near Venom, Venom will growl)
The Chimerantula climbs halfway up a tree and perches. She seems to be checking the scenery and scanning the area. The Bleeder is perched on J'Tal's shoulder and tries to nuzzle him every few minutes. At this time the Serraptor smells the other pets of Ravean.

"I think your Hollowheart should handle the fire at the moment." J'Tal replies to Ravean's question. "Battlehearts and Hollowhearts are enemies and fight alot."

Venom turns his head away at this point.

36-6-6-6
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/17/2008 12:57 PM

The two Kuhnas perched upon Ravean's shoulders, the aqua one looking extremely regal while the prismatic one glances at each new beast excitedly. Ravean addresses the Hydrokuhna as Lauren, the other as Randolf. They don't appear to speak English and mew happily, sniffing the other beasts as they come near.
Jaberwock stares at Venom for a few seconds before demising him as just another Battleheart with an uncaring snort. He opened his maw and spoke in a gravelly, deep voice, like two boulders being bashed together. "Fine, I shall start the fire," He dug a shallow pit in the earth before piling up sticks and alighting it with a bast of flames. A cat significant of a 'ooh' issued, the felines watching carefully. "Let's eat."
Ralph nodded blissfully, turning towards the group. "What does everyone want?" he queried, his face in a happy grin.

10-2-2-2
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/18/2008 12:19 AM

"I am sorry if my companions are not as friendly as one would expect," J'Tal apologizes. "I had them join from a military point of view. I actually didn't realize I would be doing many social events."

J'Tal seems genuinely concerned with the way things seem to be going. J'Tal then goes and talks to each of his companions and talks to them. After this, they all seem to be a bit more cheerful. Tyranid comes down from her post and makes some clicking sounds at Randolf. Ellipsis goes to Jaberwock and tries to make a purring sound that kind of ends up a growl. Scar remains on J'Tal's shoulder making outward glances from time to time. Venom however will not acknowledge Jaberwock.

37-7-7-7
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/18/2008 4:10 PM

"Ah, it's all right. You are trying to reunite the world... One must have strong sidekicks!" Ravean smirks at the little Bleeder on J'Tal's shoulder. Her eyes didn't show much concern; as long as they weren't tearing each other's throats out, she was happy. "They seem like good creatures."
She turns her attention to Venom, her eyes glazed with confusion. "Why do you think Battlehearts hate Hollowhearts? Did they, like, have some war or something?"

Randolf chirps at the odd bug, hopping off of Ravean's shoulder to sniff Tyranid. After deeming the creature okay, he raises a paw and bats Tyranid's claw playfully. Lauren stares at the beast, tail curling in a mix of fear and curiosity.
Jaberwock gives a deep growl as a greeting, not a warning. He lowers his head to nuzzle the Venom Serraptor, sniffing cautiously. "Hello," he mutters quietly.
Shrugging, Ralph throws a large silver fish onto the bonfire, a hack of meat, and a few random vegetables. Taking out a long poker, he keeps track of the food, flipping it over once it browns.

11-3-3-3
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/20/2008 7:57 PM

J'Tal goes to Venom and talks to him for a moment. The great dragon snorts in disgust, and flies off. J'Tal turned back to the assembled group.

"That should lighten the mood a little bit." J'Tal seems to be putting on a better mood than he feels. "I am sorry about that. But Battlehearts and Hollowhearts are natural enemies. Here is a brief explanation of Battlehearts:"

Born right from the start with an inherit thirst for fighting, most Battlehearts lack the sense of honor that say, a Kuchi Nagi would possess, often taking cheap shots and low blows to achieve their victory. Hulking, powerful beasts that are somewhat taller than a Hollowheart, the two species appear to be mortal enemies, as the Battlehearts have tried several times to disrupt the peace Hollowhearts want to achieve. Possessing both mastery over wind and fire, and possessing scales of steel, the Battlehearts also use these to their full advantage, often wreaking havoc to small towns and cities with particular ease. It is scientifically proven that the markings on the Battleheart's chest shows the color of the creature's blood, which is sought after by alchemist for their ability to prolong life... Also, be wary. More learned Battlehearts can take the human form to disguise themselves amongst their favorite food...

"Venom and I have formed a bond that is unique. He and I have been long time friends and we trust each other. He even allows me to ride him on occasion. We are currently working on that in particular."

J'Tal seems a bit happier now that he expressed his bond with Venom. The other companions do not speak, but seem to be acquainting themselves with the other pets. They all make noises appropriate for their species, except for Tyranid, who makes no sounds at all.

40-10-10-10
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/21/2008 6:26 PM

Ravean nods as she listens attentively to the tale, glancing up at Jaberwock. "So what you're saying that Battlehearts hate Hollowhearts for their goodness or something? I seriously doubt that, I mean, Hollowhearts had a whole war started over them being, well, big jerks," Jaberwock snorts in amusement, seemingly remembering the war. He says nothing on the matter, but sneaks his tail into the bag of food to retrieve a shining silver fish, still wriggling. He chucks it into his mouth, gulping it down much like a bird.
"Jaberwock doesn't seem to mind carrying people... Well, people he knows, anyhow. Once, as he told me, he snapped the arm off some poor traveler trying to get a ride," she says, half giggling, half snorting. Jaberwock makes a deep humming noise, remembering the taste of human flesh. "But, I wouldn't eat Ravean. Too stringy," he growls, apparently serious.

Ralph, after the meal are done, arranges ten bowls and slops some food in each, leaving one bowl with nothing but vegetables. "Food time!" he roars blissfully, his voice sharp. He passes each one out, giving the vegetable dish to Ravean who thanks him full-heartily. The two cats chomp on all the cuisine, from meat to fish to vegetables, with the gusto of a starving man. Jaberwock's dish contains no vegetables, only a hunk of what appears to be a leg of some poor animal and two fish. Ralph's is similar to Jaberwock's, with very few vegetables. The others' bowls contain a melody of food for them to pick their favorites. "Dig in!"

12-4-4-4
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/23/2008 11:44 PM

"A Battleheart never allows a human to ride them unless they have a good friendship with a human. (20 Loyalty, estimated 10th level if you are at Terrace Park...) I do not want a problem with Venom and Jaberwock. That is why I asked Venom to leave."

The remaining three companions ate their fill of meat with the exception of Scar, who did not move from his perch.

12-12-12
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/24/2008 5:19 PM

"Ah. I don't see Venom and Jaberwock becoming friends anytime soon, either..." Ravean picked up a fried carrot from her plate, staring at it oddly. She made a note to herself not to let Ralph cook again and took a careful bite. Her eyes drifted to Scar, smiling at the little gargoyle. "Y'know, I'm thinking about getting a Bleeder, they seem like nice creatures. Aha, but they're rather hard to find without stalking a heart-broken person, and all my creatures are still buds when it comes to love, as am I," She reached out a cautious hand in attempt to pat the little Bleeder, cooing softly.

13-5-5-5
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/24/2008 8:18 PM

As you start to reach toward Scar, J'Tal's eyes widen, and he quickly steps back. You don't know if your eyes are playing tricks on you, but you think the spines on Scars's body are a little longer than they were a second ago...

"Oh! Sorry, but you don't want to pet him. He is a little over protective, and a little Malicious as well." J'Tal seems a bit nervous as he says this. "I am sorry, but he is violent to all others and doesn't like sharing me. Scar has been extreemly calm this day so far, and that is why he is still out with the others."

The other companions look curiously over at the small commotion but continue on with the meal and interacting with their new friends. changeing the subject J'Tal brings up something on his mind:

"I was wondering, but have you heard anything about the Wilt'no Desert to the north? I was thinking of heading there for some training of my companions (+3 toughness) and wondered what you think about it." J'Tal seems a little cautious as if he is not used to bringing ideas up with other people. "If you think it is a bad idea, I understand."

13-13-13
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Owl » 03/25/2008 8:07 PM

Ravean's hand withdraws swiftly as Scar takes on a more menacing look for a spit second. "Oh... I understand. Perhaps he doesn't want to disappear if someone heals your broken heart?" She was interrupted as Jaberwock swooped down to J'Tal's level. "Wilt'no Desert, eh? I lived there once, it's deadly hot. Since your companions seem more like the desert type, they may survive. Go ahead and go, if you can handle the sweltering heat and loss of civilization," he hissed, narrowing his blinding white eyes.

Lauren's rippling coat shook as she thought of her evaporating into the air as the heat melted her; such things were traumitizing for someone like her.
but what did you expect?

five hundred behind,
Owl
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby J'Tal » 03/25/2008 10:25 PM

"It was not my heart that was broken, but the heart of an alternet dimensions version of me. Scar is not of this plane of existance, therefore, he belives that it was my heart that was destroyed." J'Tal explains. "The end result is that he can't leave because there is nothing to mend."

Tyranid tries to calm Lauren down as the other companions listen intently.

"The reason I asked, is because I thought it might be nice to have some company being as I have never been. Though it does look like you have a little experience of being there."

14-14-14
ImageImageImageImage

Image Image Image
J'Tal
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items