Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

(Closed) Runs Like Clockwork-Part One

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/06/2008 1:24 PM

[center]Image
Clockwork Yonyuu

* Yuri * Male * Kind, Quiet, Thoughtful, Bit Shy, Determined *

Yuri paced nervously, his paws scuffing the ground. He'd done it, he'd actually done it. He'd run away. Now what?
He stood still for a moment and listened carefully to his ticking. He always ticked, even when he was a pup. He wasn't thick-he knew normal pets didn't tick, which meant in turn that he wasn't normal. He didn't care-at least he had friends. Which reminded him, they should be here by now. It wasn't exactly like he could afford to hang around. Pretty soon his owner would be wondering where he was, and looking for him...
Calmed by a sudden breeze he took a deep breath and leaned against the wall. He'd never get through this if he wasn't calm. He'd just lean here and wait...

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock
[/center]
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 04/06/2008 2:08 PM

Rae glanced around him anxiously before spotting a certain runaway Yonyuu. "Yuri!"he whispered to himself, and bounded quickly towards him, in Kuhna form. Rae's light blue eyes were troubled as he joined his friend. "Hullo,"he said evenly. "How's it going? Where's Miyani?"he added, as an afterthought. "I thought I was late, too‚Äî"He grinned slightly.
 Then the smile disappeared and he ran his paws through the fur that crested his head. "Oh, heck, Yuri!"he groaned, hefting the sack of food he carried. "Can you please start from the beginning and tell me exactly what we're going to do? I'm confused enough as it is!"
<center><a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3213">Breeder's List</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3092">Zoo Pen</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3214">Journal</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3197">Wishlist</a>

~Rilari~

Credit goes to Pima for my avvie!
</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 169
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/06/2008 2:46 PM

"She must be late as well. I thought you two might have pulled out!" He grinned, pleased at the sighting of one of his best friends. He rolled his eyes at his friend's forgetfulness, "I guess we're going on a journey...kinda. I want to try and find out more about this 'experiment'. I know that's how I was created, but Kabuto refused to tell me anymore," He let out a wistful sigh as he thought about how worried she be, "I need to know where I come from and I want the truth." He broke off, chewing his lip nervously. He knew this was a huge thing, way to big to handle alone. He was just glad he had two good a friends as he did to handle it with him
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/06/2008 7:22 PM

[[Image to come]]

Myan?? dashed in, her wings flapping slightly as she ran in.  "I'm so sorry, Yuri... I was held up with Sparrow and Re'elmorin.  You know how Sparrow gets, being my adopted father and all..." She said, her head lowering.  "Were you able to find anything out about... the experiment?" She asked, her eyes plagued with worry.  She knew that his past had always been something of a mystery to him; one that he was eager to solve.

{1}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/07/2008 5:22 AM

"It's okay, I understand," He knew that Sparrow was a little protective sometimes. He lowered his head awkwardly when the subject changed to the experiment, "Not much is new I'm afraid. I know that it took place in a lab and I wasn't the only pet, but that's pretty much it," He turned to face both his friends, "I figured we'd try and find some of the other pets along the way. Maybe they can remember more than I can, or at least have been told more. Sound like a good plan?" His mind wandered to the bag he had packed. Rae had brought the food and he had been in charge of the other items they might need. He had some sleeping bags (in case they couldn't find a place to stay for the night) few torches and a book entitled 'How two Live in Nature' He wasn't too hopeful about that one-the typo in the title made him doubtful the book could really help
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/07/2008 11:12 AM

Myan?? offered a tiny smile.  "That sounds like a plan to me.  Thankfully I was able to get away from Sparrow for this, Re as well--Poor Re was something of an experiment similar to you.  He didn't want me involving myself, but he knows now that he can't exactly get me to not do these things when I'm determined." The Plush Yonyuu certainly had a way with words when it came to talking her way out of staying home with Sparrow and Re'elmorin.  They had both seen much, and it stunned her how they were able to manage with their own bodies being mostly mechanical.

{2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 04/07/2008 4:23 PM

Rae's eyes flickered solemnly, and he nodded. "Fair enough...shall we get going?" The pack of food shifted uncomfortably and he lifted it into a better position. "What else do we need? I brought some rope, too," he added, "Frost was using it for something - I don't know what - and I just grabbed it. Hope it wasn't important." He cocked an ear at Yuri. "All aboard to Yuri's past," he said, cheerfully, and grinned to let Yuri know he was just teasing.
<center><a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3213">Breeder's List</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3092">Zoo Pen</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3214">Journal</a>|<a href="http://landsofevelon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3197">Wishlist</a>

~Rilari~

</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/09/2008 6:48 PM

Myan?? smiled.  "Off we go, indeed." She said, turning back to face Yuri.  She remembered back to the first time that she met him, how she had been curious about his past, just as he was.  She had heard stories from Re'elmorin about how he, himself, was an experiment, and that he was no longer in his true body.  "I just hope that it's not anything as... appalling as what Re'elmorin went through..." She murmured.

{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/10/2008 11:36 AM

"Good thinking with the rope," That could definitely be useful in a sticky situation, "Glad you're enjoying this so much." Yuri grinned at Rae's comment. He was glad his friend was joking about it-made him feel more relaxed and less like it was a huge secret.
His ears pricked forwards at Myan??'s words. He had never been told the exact details of Re'elmorin's own experience and he had to admit, he was pretty curious.
"Er, I don't want to pry," He began warily, "But, well...do you know any of the details? I don't mind at all if you don't want to tell me, but it might help with my past possibly." As much as he wanted to know, he wasn't going to make her share it with him if it upset her in any way
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/10/2008 12:37 PM

Mya shrugged.  "He said that they took him off of the streets as a pup..." She started, sighing.  "They went in and put his real organs in suspended animation and then replaced them with mechanical ones.  When he was allowed to wake up... well, poor guy was in so much pain.  He couldn't breath right, his heart was all whacky in its beating, and none of his organs were functioning properly.  He said that, out of nine pets that underwent the experiment, he was one of two that had severe problems with the reaction.  Because he was in so much pain, and because the people that performed the experiment were so cold-hearted, they made a mechanical clone of him while he was alive, transferred Re'elmorin's memories to the clone, and killed the real Re'elmorin.  The one I live with is basically a living robot." She said.

"Anyhow... Shall we be going now?" She asked.

{4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 04/10/2008 5:25 PM

"No problem," Rae answered, grinning, to Yuri's words, but even though he didn't personally know Re'elmorin, and wasn't a clockwork pet, his grin faded and a shiver crawled up his spine at the thought of being a...robot. He shuddered, and sighed deeply. Then he blinked away the imaginary screams of terror, and applied a reassuring smile to his features. "Oh, I bet Yuri's not like that," he said, "I mean, come now - what're the chances?" Without waiting for a reply, he hurried on, "And I agree - now's a nice time to get going!"

~Rilari~

</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/11/2008 4:23 PM

Yuri blinked. Wow...What if he was a clone? That would be strange. He glanced down nervously at his shoulder, one of the most visibly mechanical parts. He wasn't all clockwork-he'd found that out when he was a pup and accidentally got a paper cut. It had been the first (and only) time he had ever seen his own blood. Strangely enough, this memory comforted him. Shaking his head to rid him of these thoughts, he turned to his friends
"Yeah, we should be going. I think we should head to the volcano," He grinned, "Not the most convenient place perhaps, but I remember going there once before and I'm not sure if Kabuto was the one to take me."
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SweetDisaster » 04/11/2008 4:27 PM

"The v-volcano?" Rae's self-assurance dropped a notch. "But that's madness, Yuri! I mean - it's close to boiling up there." He sighed. "Never mind. It's not like I can actually make you not go...all right. Let's go." He turned a resigned face towards the direction of the volcano, squinting. "If it explodes while we're there, I'll..." he threatened, but broke off his words.

~Rilari~

</center>
SweetDisaster
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/11/2008 5:21 PM

Mya thought for a moment.  "The volcano...?" She questioned warily.  That place was... more than boiling in her opinion.  "We're going to need a few provisions for that trip, Yuri... there are few oasis found out that far." She said.  "Especially water... while we might be able to survive for weeks without food, we are Carpetfang-meat without water."

{5}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 04/12/2008 11:48 AM

Yuri looked crestfallen. He hadn't thought about it like that. She was right of course-he lived with a Carpetfang after all, and he knew that there was no doubt they'd get eaten by something.
"Right," He thought hard, "Where can we get enough water? I have about two bottles, but I figured we'd be able to find some places or shops or something. I'm guessing there won't be any up on the volcano though."
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next