Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

A Not-so-Quiet Date [P] [Wilson Hunt?]

Postby Matt » 07/01/2008 6:24 PM

Mutt Jones; [9]

The kuhna smiled. Sunlight was filtering through the light scattering of trees, padding along a small rubble path next to Llaiir. It was amazing, how you met someone and jut knew you'd like them. He'd asked her if she'd go to lunch, and, obviously, she'd agreed. Even though Indi thought she seemed somewhat odd, he liked her all the same. His white pelt was speckled with sunlight, and his bright blue eyes sparkled happily. He was heading toward a small cafe', tucked into a corner street of Terrace Park. Book, one of the kuhnas Pima had come to amends with, ran it, with a few others helping out. Indi sighed pleasantly, tail wavering in the breeze, continuing to pad along with his hidden love.

Member since 2007! Previously PimaBean.
PenWishlistDocs ⦁ Breeding ⦁ Sales
Activity on/off due to medical school.

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 750
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/01/2008 6:40 PM

Llaiir quickened her pace to catch up with Mutt, still getting used to the slightly awkward feeling of walking on four legs. Going out for food seemed harmless enough, and she was hungry. Famished, even. She remembered the last thing she had eaten onboard the Aehallh: viinerine. Practically prison food. Llaiir stuck out her tongue in disgust just thinking about it, stopping for a moment to wipe the taste out of her mouth with her left paw. Then the female resumed motion, stepping along right next to Mutt. "So, how well do you know Book? Are you good friends?"

{10}

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/01/2008 6:58 PM

The slightly larger kuhna nodded. "He was my adopted dad. Of course, he isn't my real dad, but he always did his best to be one. He's a hydrokuhna, if you're wondering." He smiled at he thought, remembering himself as a kit, no more than a grey bundle. "When I turned 5, he told me how I'd been sold to Book's 'owner', Pima. My original owner was someone called Moofius." He had always wanted to meet her, whatever she would be like.

[10]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/01/2008 7:32 PM

Llaiir was taken aback by his statement. Adopted? He didn't seem like someone who was adopted. Of course, the subcommander was used to that sort of thing. On her home world, the planet that humans call "Romulus", homeless orphans were seen out on the streets, begging for food. Alien children were auctioned off as slaves on a regular basis. Llaiir's second cousin was adopted, just like Mutt, though she hadn't spoken with him in many years. At least Mutt wasn't abandoned. I couldn't imagine how awful....And I would have never had the chance to meet him. "Oh," she began, trying her best to sound sympathetic, "I didn't know, I'm really sorry. But it certainly seems like Pima takes excellent care of you."

{11}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/01/2008 7:44 PM

Mutt smiled cheerfully. "It's alright, Book's been an excellent father. He always cared for me like a son. Of course, him being off with females wasn't always perfect." He chuckled at this thought, his 'father' hadn't always been good with ladies. Thankfully he hadn't adopted his clumsiness, and therefore was perfectly at home around girls. "Ah, here we are!" They had padded unknowingly directly to the cafe'. Inside, Mutt could see waiters milling around behind the large glass counters filled with cupcakes, cookies, and pies. Book's tail was peeking out of the back door, so he couldn't see all of him.

[11]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/01/2008 7:55 PM

(I figured out what the fear of snakes is called. Ophidiophobia. I believe I already knew that. XD)

The freizein was overwhelmed by the potent, mouthwatering smells of the bakery. She'd never seen so much color or smelled scents like these at one eating establishment in her entire life! She gazed up at the menu board, focusing her eyes and trying to decide what to purchase. Then Llaiir looked over at Mutt and saw his eyes fixed on the back door. "Mutt, is that Book?"

{12}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/01/2008 8:42 PM

The kuhna snapped back into reality at Llaiir's voice. "W-wha? Oh, yeah. That's him. Let's go." H padded up to the door, pushing it open with his maw. He held it open for the Freizein, grinning mischievously. "After you."

[12]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/01/2008 9:22 PM

(For future reference, ch'Rihan=Romulus. ^^)

She smiled slightly, and stepped inside to the back room. Llaiir didn't spot Book right away, but she figured he was close by. "This place is amazing. I've never seen such a clean eatery before. I'm not saying the restaurants are awful on ch'Rihan, but I am impressed. Have you spotted Book yet? I lost sight of him."

{13}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/01/2008 10:41 PM

He smiled back, spotting Book in the back room. "Thanks. There he is, the blue guy in the back." He padded over to the back door, nosing his way in. "Dad...?" The hydrokuhna's ears perked up, then followed by his head and body. Finally turning towards his adopted son, Book grinned. "Son! And who's this little lady?" He turned his eyes towards Llaiir, smiling warmly.

[13]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/02/2008 7:25 PM

Llaiir acknowledged the hydro's entrance, and smiled back. "My full title is Subcommander Llaiir i-Mhiessan, but you can just call me Llaiir. And you must be Book. Mutt's told me a little about you already." Oh great, he must be wondering what in the name of S'Task a subcommander is. Llaiir glanced at Book again, trying her best not to judge his appearance, dirty apron and all. One trait we Rihannsu really should learn is a little self-control. What?!? Oh no, now I'm starting to sound like a Vulcan!

{14}

Shall come into his own!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Matt » 07/02/2008 8:05 PM

Book gave Llaiir a puzzled look at her full name, but just smiled as it wiped off his face. "Well then, you must be hungry! Come on in, I'll getcha something nice, and you can sit down." With this, he padded off to the counters, gathering his waiters and whispering to them.

Mutt smiled vaguely. "He likes you. I can tel. Come on, let's get a booth." He padded off to one of the small black leather booths lining the walls, waving his tails for Llaiir to follow.

[14]

Dating Kenkou!
Matt
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 07/02/2008 8:42 PM

Llaiir took the seat next to Mutt, wrapping her tails comfortably around her legs. Laying on the lable in front of the freizein was a small menu laminated with thin plastic. "Mutt, could you recommend something for me? I haven't heard of these foods before at all. And what exactly is a "glazed donut?" I probably sound pretty ignorant right now, but it's not my fault that I was never educated in Terran cuisine.

{15}

Shall come into his own!