Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Postby Maelstrom » 09/24/2008 3:49 PM

After the Blossom Matches spoke, she thought for a moment and reached out to probe the thorn bush.
"You're well and truely caught, aren't you?" she spoke absentmindedly, creating and discarding plans to free the Blaze Rollaby. "Ow!" She withdrew her hand to examine her bleeding forefinger, then turned to the Matches.
"The only thing that I can think to do that's fast enough is cut him free. I have a pocketknife, if that helps. A creature with claws, if it was small enough would be able to do it faster, though."

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby Maelstrom » 09/24/2008 4:00 PM

Meanwhile...
"Come back here you turkey sandwich stealing waste-of-fur!"
While all this chasing was making him faster, Tivi the imperial Ferrikoon decided that multiple near death experiences might not be worth a sandwhich, and he dropped it. In the mud.
"Arghh! Now you're in for it, you thieving pest!" Narrowly missing a set of claws, Tivi also decided that it might be time to find his human. Quickly.

(5/5)

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/24/2008 5:31 PM

OOC: Maelstrom, please don't double post. Both of those posts could be fitted into one, just seperate them with ************ or enters. Thanks. And I PM'ed Snowy telling her we're waiting, so let's just...wait.

Dahl watched as the small crew post and pulled at his fur, wincing with pain at every tug. He could feel him slowly getting sick, and didn't want to make this mess even worse...if that was possible. He watched his poor fur, and the thought of being bald terrified him. Looking at Torn with pleading eyes, he begged her silently to find a way to get him out.

Torn couldn't help but notice Dahl's look, and held a wing out in front of the Blossom Matches. "Everytime you touch the bush too close to him, it hurts him. Calm down, will ya?" She asked, although she wished she could take her own advice. Her eyes quickly clouded with worry, although she tried hard not to show it.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/24/2008 7:31 PM

((Geez, guys... >< Kabuto, I understand you needing 5 posts, but next time, just message me. I could've gotten on pretty easily to do it. And we need to set up a posting order so we don't get out of control. Thirdly, this is my roleplay, so can we hurry along this stuck Rollaby bit? I wanted this to be a search for a Mr. Wilson, not just a random roleplay. I'm sorry if I sound rude to any of you, but I really would like to keep this going at a good pace while still on the topic of the thread. You guys have posted... what, 6 posts already without me? So we can apparently keep up a good pace. So, the order will go as follows, by who joined when: myself, Kabuto, Amber, Maelstrom. Alright? Thanks for reading. ALSO, Twig and Vol are apparently still in the tree they've been hosting. SO. Just to make sure you guys don't furtherly mention them in your posts, I'd be happy to continue.))

Twig twitched, staying silent. Could he trust the Berry Kuhna? He had informed no one of what had happened during his operation before... there wasn't much to tell, anyways. But he might as well give the curious kuhna some details. Hopefully, if Einsor ever figured out how to "change" Berry Kuhnas, Volatile would know to stay far away...

"Well... I don't... remember much... this'll only hurt a little...." he muttered, starting his short story. "All I remember was him... putting a mask on me. And a burning pain on my arms and legs... and waking up to seeing, but not seeing. He'd done something to my eyes, I knew, but I hadn't thought he'd just given me pits... stat!" he said, shuddering. "I also remember his smell. He was always so close, I could smell the iodine and freshener on his lab coat.

Faine watched the Rollaby with little concern. "May Faine step in?" she said loudly but politely even, nodding to the new arrivals. "Faine has claws that will free the Rollaby easily." she said, and started to pull at the tangle, careful to keep where the Rollaby was from moving and scratching him more. She managed to begin to make a small hole. She stopped suddenly, not done. "Faine is afraid Faine might hurt the Rollaby if Faine continues. Would Sakura like to step in?" she asked calmly, giving the Matches an inquiring look.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/25/2008 12:55 PM

{Sorry Snowy *feels bad* In future I'll wait for you :( And I agree about the fixed order. In a large roleplay that always works best}

The Kuhna's ears perked up as she heard Twig begin his story. For once she sat completely still, not twitching so much as a whisker as she listened to him. When he had finished, she nodded sympathetically, trying to hide the shiver of fear that ran down her spine. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

"That sounds awful," She said gently, "I'm sorry." She marveled at how realistic he had made his story sound. She had no idea what iodine was, but it sounded nasty. Vol had a tiny fear of hospitals, one she would never to reveal to anyone. Despite never having been in a lab, it sounded a lot like a hospital to her.
~
"A pen knife? That could work, although it's rather risky." She glanced down at her own 'claws'. Not very useful...Would they have any other option?

The Matches let out a breath of relief as the Tundragoon used her claws. That would sort out most of the hassle. She nodded in reply as she was offered to help. Hopping forward to use her beak, she made sure not to peck down on any thorns. She avoided the Rollaby and grasped a branch in her mouth, biting down hard with her beak. Hopefully this would free him

{Posts: 1/5, 2, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/25/2008 3:44 PM

Dahl listened intently to the conversation, not liking where it was going one bit. Pen knife? Claws? Sharp objects made him queasy, so he didn't quite love the idea. He held his breath as the Tundragoon pried at a branch, watching her every move. He was in enough pain as it was, and more of it was the last thing he needed.

Torn also watched carefully, and nodded at the technique th other Matches was using. Clipping a bit more quickly, the combined effort of the three finally snapped. Torn watched as Dahl rolled out, little red tufts of fur still clinging onto the prickly branches.

Dahl got up shakily, grooming himself and discovering the damage. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad. "Thanks." He said.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 09/26/2008 5:48 PM

(OOC: Sorry, I'm kind of learning the specifics for this forum as I go along. I'll try and do that in the future)

The human watched the tundragoon and the matches free the rollaby, intensely relieved that she hadn't needed to resort the the clumsy pen knife. How in heaven had the rollaby managed to entangle itself so badly? she wondered. The poor creature must surely be in pain.

"Gahh.." Something traveling at high velocity abruptly hit her in the small of her back, and she found herself flailing unprepared for a moment before face-planting embaressingly. Around her mouthful of dirt and grass she mumbled, "Hello Tivi. What have I told you about stealing, especially from something large with sharp teeth?"

Bright little Ferrikoon eyes peeked out at her as Tavi rubbed his pink nose against her human one apologetically. "I forget, maybe?" He knew full well that he wasn't supposed to, but still tried to convince his human of his ignorance every time he caused trouble.

"No, you haven't forgotten, and we will be discussing your error further when we return to the Hollow." Tavi knew he had been exposed, and his wings drooped as his human got up, brushed herself off and tried to rid her mouth of dirt.

(1/5: 2,2)

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/26/2008 8:04 PM

((OOC: It's alright - both of you. I just wanted to make sure I had the control I had at the beginning. X3))

Faine smiled at the human's predicament. "You are a Ferrikoon, correct? Faine is Faine, of the Tundragoon variety. Faine is pleased to meet you." she said kindly, blinking warmly at the Ferrikoon. She nodded at the Rollaby as he rolled out of his predicament. "Faine does not need thanks, only to know that... Faine is sorry, but Faine didn't catch your name. And it would be?" she asked politely.

Twig shrugged. "I didn't feel much other than that burning, but it did frighten me... Dr. Einsor... he's very nice, but very crazed, I think. I don't remember much of that day... check the vitals."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 09/28/2008 12:00 PM

The Matches let out a sigh of relief as the Rollaby rolled free. He looked rather shaken and Sakura felt sorry for him.

"You okay?" She inquired, tilting her head sympathetically. What a lot of drama for a quiet day in the park! Suddenly the prospect of introducing herself to a bunch of new people got to her. Fluttering her wings, she stepped back slightly as if she was trying to fade into the background.
~
The Kuhna's mind drifted to the what little she knew about the lab. Would she ever go in for an experiment? She pictured the Panzer-it would be pretty cool to look like that. Then again, she liked herself how she was. Plus Twig didn't sound too happy about his experience. Would she regret it? At least she didn't have to make her decision now.

Peering down from the tree she noticed that Sakura was now gathered with some other pets and a human. Feeling her curiousity getting the better of her, she glanced towards Twig.

"Looks like something's going on down there. Want to check it out?" She asked hopefully

{Posts: 2/5, 2, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 09/28/2008 3:24 PM

Dahl shook his fur, causing tiny little puffs of red fur to fell out. Looking down in dismay, he turned to Torn.

"How do I look?" He asked, worry flooding his voice.

Torn took a good, long look at him. Dahl's red fur wasn't that bad actually. The thorns had tugged a good bit on his fur, making parts of it a good deal shorter.

"Well, you don't look that bad. Maybe later we can just shave it down a little?"

Dahl sighed with a little relief. Then he turned to the Matches, listeing to her words.

"Um...I think so." He responded, grooming himself a little bit more.

Dahl then watched the Matches retreat back a little bit, and decided she was shy. Well, that was good. Because he was starting to feel a little bit shy himself as well. He retreating into the darkness, and Torn rolled her green eyes.

"Here we go..." She muttered to herself.
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 09/28/2008 6:41 PM

Tavi stared up in awe at the much larger Tundragoon, his eyes comically wide and unblinking. "Is ferrikoon, yesyes! I is Tivi." Something in his clever little brain seemed to click, and Tivi launched himself at the Tundragoon in an attempt to attach himelf to her leg, barely stopped by the human.

"Sorry," she apoligized. "Err...I think this means he likes you?" Still trying to calm the ferrikoon, she hoped his brother had stayed out of trouble, and wondered when walks in the park had gotten so stressful.

(2/5; 2,2)

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 09/28/2008 8:18 PM

Faine laughed as Tivi attached itself to her leg, and the human timidly pried off. "Oh, it is alright. Faine enjoys Tivi." she said calmly, her eyes bright. She watched the Rollaby carefully; she wanted to be sure that they were alright. They looked fine to her, and Sakura's question corfirmed that he was alright. "Um, excuse Faine, but I would like retrieve some bread now for Sakura and Faine's Mr. Wilson hunt, if anyone minds." she said calmly.

Twig looked at Vol, thinking. Then, after a short silence, he said, "I guess..." and jumped out of the tree, gliding forward with ease and landing a few feet away, almost unnoticed. Faine noticed him though, but said nothing.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 10/01/2008 3:43 PM

The sudden movement of the Ferrikoon startled her, although she had to admit it did seem rather cute. She was glad to see she wasn't the only shy one as she noticed the Rollaby apparently backing away too. She blinked nervously at the others surrounding her, her claws scratching slightly on the ground, almost like her own version of chewing her hair. Finally she opened her beak.

"I'm Sakura by the way." Her voice was soft and even she was surprised at how nervous she suddenly felt.
~
Vol watched with admiration as the Wood Rogue glided effortlessly down from the tree. Her own landing wouldn't be anywhere near as graceful. Getting to her feet, she judged the distance carefully with her eyes before doing a cat-like leap to a lower branch. Her feet scrabbled for grip and she managed to pull herself up. She repeated this motion until all four of her paws were firmly on the ground.

Pulling herself up and trying to look fairly elegant, she decided that something interesting must have happened. Racing forward until she was part of the group (throwing a quick apologetic look to Twig in case he thought she was leaving him behind) she spoke loudly with her usual brash tone.

"What's going on?" She butted in, her head titled curiously.

{Posts: 3/5, 2, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/09/2008 7:55 PM

OOC: Sorry for taking so long! XP The site was being all funkish and I couldn't post!

Torn jumped back as the Wooden Rouge glided down, a bit frightened at its sudden appearance. Looking up, she also noticed the Berry Kuhna preparing its jump, and she stepped back even further. At her question, she nodded at the other pets.

"There guys were able to help my friend get out of a thron bush. Nice fellows they are." She said, smiling at the group.

Dahl nodded shyly, watching the Wooden Rouge with admiration. He suddenly wished that he had wings to glide a beautifully as he had. Finally summoning up what little courage he had, he boldly stepped foward.

"My name is....Dahl Horrenicus Michaels III." He said, pronouncing his rather long a silly name.

Blushing in embarassment, Torn took this as her cue to step in.

"I'm Torn." She said, smiling at the differences between her and her compainion's names. "What are your names?"
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 10/10/2008 3:22 PM

Tucking the ferrikoon under her arm, she addressed Faine. "Oh? I'm here hunting Mr. Wilson as well. These two," she shot a dirty look at Tivvi, "dragged me to the park so they could bring one home to their sister as a get well present."

"This," pointing to the squirming furry under her arm, "Is Tivvi. His brother Rikki is around here somewhere. And you can call me M."

(3/5; 2,2)

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext