Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Postby Fallen_Snow » 10/20/2008 8:05 PM

((Sorreh bout the holdup. >< I've been slacking. oDo))

Faine nodded, taking it in. "Alright, so many names! Tivvi, Rikki, M, Torn, Dahl - Dahl doesn't mind if Faine calls him Dahl, correct?- Sakura, Volatile!" she said, pointing to each. "And of course Faine's Twig. Say hello Twig." she said gently, motioning for the Wood Rogue to say something.

Twig simply waved, his gliders crackling slightly, like rustling leaves. He was careful to stay silent; he didn't like talking to others. He was fairly surprised he had said anything to Vol. So he settled with his silent but not silent greeting.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 10/22/2008 3:43 PM

The Kuhna listened to what the Matches was saying. So Sakura had helped them out? Typical-the goody-goody couldn't go out anywhere without helping someone.

When it came for the time for the Rollaby to announce his name, Vol almost burst out laughing. She opened her mouth to express her glee, but a sharp look from Sakura made her think twice. Normally she didn't care what others thought, but she could see that Dahl looked rather shy...Could she be that cruel?

Thinking better of it, she let out a gentle 'prrp' and wrapped her tail around herself.

"Nice to meet you Dahl," She smiled, looking genuinely friendly, "You too Torn." She nodded a greeting at the others as well, and Sakura joined in until they had both memorized the names. Sakura addressed the owner of the Ferrikoon.

"Perhaps we will be able to find a present at the stall? It isn't just bread it sells." She smiled, slightly more confident than before

{Posts: 4/5, 2, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 10/26/2008 5:32 PM

Dahl had listened to Faine introduce everyone, and blushed as his name was called. Why did he have to have such a silly name? Torn, getting defensive at Vol's look, was about to step foward and say something when Dahl grabbed her wing gently.

"No. It's okay." He muttered.

Torn gave one last look at Vol and then relaxed her feathers. Dahl glanced at Sakura, and was relieved to find she didn't find anything funny about his name. She seemed to be just like him....weird....
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 10/26/2008 8:44 PM

M smiled at the Dahl's shyness; she found it adorably endearing. Tivvi twitched under her arm once more, before finally going limp and snuggling against her. She moved Tivvi so both her arms cradled him and smiled again at the Torn's protectiveness. Her smile went a bit embarassed - she liked to pretend that she wasn't a sucker for sappiness, even though it was quite the opposite. The others seemed nice enough, even though Vol came off as a bit abrasive.

"That's the best idea I've heard all day, Sakura. Their sister probably wouldn't appreciate some poor kidnapped bird as a present. But I haven't been to the park before and am rather lost."

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 602
Donate
Location: The Ladies' Anarchist Sewing Circle and Terrorist Association

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/01/2008 5:59 PM

Faine nodded. "Faine likes that idea! Faine really needs to get bread anyways; Faine was looking a Mr. Wilson while baby-sitting Twig." she said, her claws tapping on the paved walkway. "Come, Faine must continue her errand." she said to them, motioning with a clawed paw.

Twig stood there bored out of his mind, tapping his claws together (his version of twiddling thumbs). Not more of the Mr. Wilson hunt! If anything, he'd rather eat one. He stared at his sharpened fingers. Even though he was meant for killing, he wasn't sure what it felt like. He was a peace-loving creature before his operation. Should all that change over a few alterations?

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/02/2008 12:38 PM

Vol didn't like Torn looking at her like that one bit. The Kuhna almost leapt to her feet, but then she thought about it. She didn't really want to end this day with her getting yelled at by Kabuto. Unwillingly she remained seated and pinned a sweet smile on her face. Someone with a keen eye might have noticed her tail flicking agitatedly, a clear sign of tension.

"Don't worry about getting lost," Sakura smiled, feeling a bit more confident already, "The stall's only down here I think. We'll show you the way." With a flutter of her wings she had begun to hop down the path, following Faine. Vol got to her feet, stretched in a lazy way and began to waltz down the path like she owned the place. Hopefully when they got the bread this hunt would liven up. At least then she could claw at a few birdies for fun

{Posts: 5/5, 2, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/05/2008 6:10 PM

Torn watched Vol with anger. She had been trained to sense the emotions of others, just in case in battle they were lying. She was about to snap out, but then decided against it. Instead, she lifted herself gently into the air and bolted foward, zipping past Vol's head, letting her Talon graze the side the side of her leg.  She would show that Berry Kuhna more...just not now.

Dahl watched as the other made their way after Faine, and decided to hurry foward. Dahl never liked to be left alone with strangers, much less by himself. The thought scared him deeply.
ImageImageImageImage
With us, there is no such thing as individulaity...

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 11/06/2008 10:50 AM

"Thanks, I really appreciate your help."

She followed the others down the path, but frowned when Torn grazed Vol with her talon. She hadn't thought the kuhna was that bad, but the two seemed to have some kind of quarrel between them, perhaps?

She couldn't do anything about that, so she started looking around at the scenery. It was nice to be able to relax now that Tivvi was behaving, and the park was lovely. She would have to come back here with some of her other companions some time.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/09/2008 5:06 PM

Twig sighed. No one had noticed that he hadn't followed. He lifted his arms and jumped, and suddenly glided forward. He managed to keep himself only a few feet away from M, but at a height where she could see him. "Hi," he said. Immeadiatley after he said it he frowned. He'd never felt the urge to talk to anyone before(except for Vol, but that was different- this was a human!), but for some reason he still said something. He then smiled, afraid she might think he was angry or upset with her.

What was wrong with him?!

Faine led the group steadily, dropping back a bit so that she could talk to Sakura. She enjoyed the pretty Matches' company. "Well, Sakura, what does Sakura think of Faine and Sakura's journey so far?" she asked, making small talk to fill the silence that gripped the group... sort of.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/10/2008 1:37 PM

Sakura flinched, a look of surprise as the other Matches graze the Kuhna. That probably wasn't a good idea...She hopped back, cowering away from the explosion that was surely bound to happen.

The Kuhna jumped into the air as she felt the talon scratch her. She landed with a hiss, inspecting her leg furiously. How dare that...pigeon graze her! Vol's eyes narrowed dangerously. She felt like ripping that Matches to pieces, and her claws slid out temptingly...

She let out a sigh. As furious as she was feeling, Vol didn't really want to start a fight right now. Not only would it ruin their chances of finding a Mr. Wilson, but she had to keep in mind that Torn seemed like a warrior. Of course she wasn't scared (Vol was never scared!) but she wasn't stupid either. Retracting her claws, she hissed again in Torn's direction and turned her back on her deliberately. If you couldn't beat them, ignore them.

Sakura frowned, worried by the drama. Sighing, she decided to keep out of it and flew forward until she was next to Faine, but a few feet away from Vol. She liked being around Faine-the Tundragoon seemed so calm in comparison to Vol, it was almost relaxing.

"It's very nice thanks," Excluding the part with Vol, "Certainly a lovely day. I'm looking forward to getting a Mr. Wilson though. I do hope we find some." As she looked up, she could spot the stall coming into sight. One step closer to our search She thought with a smile

{Posts: 1/5, 3, 3}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/10/2008 2:45 PM

Torn knew that Vol was probably furious with Torn, and was upset that she wouldn't get to battle with the Kuhna. She always loved fighting, as a Battlefield Matches did. No matter, she knew how to make people angry. And Vol was not on her good side.

Dahl watched the two females, sort of jealous of Faine. Sakura seemed so nice, and matched him the most out of this group. Shyly, he rolled foward so he was right behind the pair.

Torn noticed Dahl move up, and chuckled to herself as she beat her wings harder. Dahl had never really taken to anyone at the Pen, except for Haseo the Mute of course. Other than that, no matter how many girl liked him, he never really felt the same way about them. Hopefully, today would be different.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

Postby Maelstrom » 11/10/2008 8:38 PM

M was startled when someone spoke close by her, and whipped around trying to see who it was. Tivvi chittered in complaint at being jostled, but settled down when M turned to see who had talked.

Twig, she remembered, his name is Twig. She flushed, caught goggling at him floating near her. But he was fascinating...she had never seen his species before now, only read about it. She absently wondered what it would feel like if she touched him. Smooth like a grass stem, or rough like tree bark? What must it be like, to experience such a change? M suddenly realized that she hadn't answered, and even thinking such personal questions about a semi-stranger was very invasive.

"Oh! Sorry, you can call me M. It's very nice of you to talk with me."

Twig seemed to be nervous about something. She smiled back at him, trying to make him feel less uncomfortable.

Maelstrom
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/21/2008 11:08 PM

Twig felt himself calm at the sight of her smile. He could tell that she had been surprised- he'd really just been glad she didn't flip out and knock him out of the air, like Kairi- Rena's little cousin- had done when he was first brought home. Keeping the smiling thing up, he said quietly, "I've surprised myself with it, actually." as if he was letting her in on a secret.

Faine nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, Faine hopes so too! Faine would hate to dissappoint Rena. But whatever happens, happens, Faine supposes." she said, still nodding. "Yes, Faine supposes."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby kabuto_rocks » 11/22/2008 7:36 AM

{Should we arrive at the stall about now?}

The Rollaby startled Sakura slightly as he rolled up to her, but she smiled friendlily when she realized it was him.

"We were talking about the Mr.Wilson," She explained kindly, "What do you think of them? I suppose I'm a bit biased since I'm a bird myself, but any creature who can wear shoes without an explanation is a little bit fascinating, no?" She was suddenly aware it was possibly the longest sentence she had spoke today. The subject may have seemed odd to some, but Sakura knew from past experience that wearing shoes when you had 'chicken feet' was no easy task.

Her relaxed nature didn't last long as she thought about what kind of bread to get. White? Brown? Perhaps Mr.Wilson's preferred to be healthy...What was she talking about? Shaking her head, she tried to steer her thoughts back to normality

{Posts: 2/5, 3, 3}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AmberGlaze » 11/24/2008 6:21 PM

Dahl blushed as Sakura noticed his presence, and thought that the pretty Matched thought that he had been eavesdropping. As soon as she updated him on the conversation he had already heard, he heaved a sigh of relief. Thank goodness. He didn't want to get on Sakura's bad side at all.

Torn suddenly noticed the stall, and called up to the Faine. "Hey, is that the place your looking for?" She asked, using one wing to point it out. Torn liked Faine. She liked how she always repeated things, and talked about herself in third person. In was cool, like no other way Torn had heard to talking before.
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
AmberGlaze
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items

PreviousNext