Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Postby Feint » 10/23/2008 6:41 PM

Ilektriki's battle-crest rose when the Albie insulted the Slums, Ilektriki's one and only home. Just when he was about to tear the little upstart to shreds, it left. "Begone, then, go hide with momy or daddy in the thought of the oh so 'repulsive' Slums," he hissed, trying too hard to be subtle. His master's nagging echoed in his head: If I hear from anyone that you killed or injured any pet, I'm hauling you up to the Battlegrounds and you will stay there. Now that the war was over, the place wasn't as threatening, but there was still no food there and his master wasn't beyond tying his wings together. Ilektriki took a moment to compose himself before answering Adam. "Oh, sorry, I don't say my name much, I keep forgetting that it's a good thing up here. It's Ilektriki. I never see any of my. . . word. . . penmates. Master sends us out for different tasks, some even across the Bridge. I think I've met two of my penmates once, a long time ago, when Master first adopted me. I see her whenever I finish a task, which isn't often. Tell me, is it nice to have a family you see all the time?" Ilektriki asked, eyes full of curiousity.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Feint » 11/01/2008 12:29 PM

Ilektriki was still gazing in wonder when the note was heard. It was bright and pure, as if someone had started singing. "That's Master. My task here's finished. I'm sorry to run, but I need to be going." he said hurredly. Ilektriki spread his great wings and jumped from the earth, gusting Adam accidentally. "Sorry!" Ilektriki called down and flew away.

{5}

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 11/02/2008 12:34 AM

babymute wrote:
She could feel her pulse escalating and become more rapid as she ran, looking back every so often to see where he was.  She could win this game easily, especially without her advantage of having partial working wings.  His voice rang out over the distance between them as he dashed towards her.  It hadn't taken long for her to get a good length ahead of him, so she decided to stop for a few second to take a breather before starting again.  What she hadn't noticed was that he was gaining speed, and soon he was close enough to catch her.  "Darn it!" she said in a mutter, taking a deep breath as she dashed off again, hoping not to get nudged or poked.

Shayna post 5/5, level 2 (+ 1 stats & + 2 loyalty)
Mute beginning trainer

Shadow continued to sit near his master Darkstar as he watched his brother Shade play with Shay.
Shade finally had a chance to catch up with Shay while she was talking a breather and ran full speed at her, and ended up diving right into her chest. "Hehe I guess you are it now!" he said but a strange feeling came over him as he nestled his head in her chest. "Wow, your fur feels so soft and warm here Shay!" he exclaimed to her in excitement and then began to rub his along her underside.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 211
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 11/02/2008 12:34 AM

babymute wrote:
She could feel her pulse escalating and become more rapid as she ran, looking back every so often to see where he was.  She could win this game easily, especially without her advantage of having partial working wings.  His voice rang out over the distance between them as he dashed towards her.  It hadn't taken long for her to get a good length ahead of him, so she decided to stop for a few second to take a breather before starting again.  What she hadn't noticed was that he was gaining speed, and soon he was close enough to catch her.  "Darn it!" she said in a mutter, taking a deep breath as she dashed off again, hoping not to get nudged or poked.

Shayna post 5/5, level 2 (+ 1 stats & + 2 loyalty)
Mute beginning trainer

Shadow continued to sit near his master Darkstar as he watched his brother Shade play with Shay.
Shade finally had a chance to catch up with Shay while she was talking a breather and ran full speed at her, and ended up diving right into her chest. "Hehe I guess you are it now!" he said but a strange feeling came over him as he nestled his head in her chest. "Wow, your fur feels so soft and warm here Shay!" he exclaimed to her in excitement and then began to rub his along her underside.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby babymute » 11/02/2008 7:43 AM

Of course she was it now!  She had ruined her chances of staying scot free.  Again she said, "Darn it!" in a whisper and stomped her paw on the ground.  "Oh well," was all she could think.  The more exercise she got the better, right?  It would definitely help her in the long run, and she could say she played around all day for a change.

A sudden and strange feeling came over her.  She felt tingly inside and warmth covered her entire body.  The albie had begun to nestle into her chest fur, and was talking in the process.  "Thanks, I guess," was all she could say.  "There isn't much else I could really say, is there?" she thought with a curious look on her face.  Shade had moved from her chest to her underbelly and was simply playing with her fur.

In a strange way she felt uncomfortable, but there was no need to move from where she was.  She didn't feel threatened in any way and she sure as heck didn't mind the company of the albie.  It was more of where she was being touched, and so she hopped up on the air and landed a few inches away from where Shade lied.  "Glad you like my fur, Shade," she said as she ruffled herself and shook.  Her wings expanded for a moment and then folded back up neatly at her side.

Shayna post 6/5, level 2
[center]
[center]Image
other adoptablesjournalwishlist

Image Image Image Image[/center]
babymute
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 58
Donate

Postby VPhoenix » 11/02/2008 6:49 PM

"You are very we;come Shay" he told her as his tail wagged playfully.  Now it is your turn to catch me!" thus with that Shade bounded off across the park as fast as he could. True, Shay had the advantage off speed and flight on her side, but Shade was slightly smaller giving him more agility not to mention his youthfulness did not let him tire so easily.
VPhoenix
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous