Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Where's Our Audience? (Open)

Postby Indigo » 01/08/2009 10:44 PM

ImageImageImageImage
(click for human forms, as that is the form they're using)

Haley climbed up another level and sat on the next branch of the tree, next to Trini. Jasper was pacing impatiently, waiting for Constance to arrive with his drums. Trini started tuning her guitar.

Constance pulled up in Nyx's old pickup truck and parked behind the tree. She got out and started to unload the parts of the stage. Dumping them on the ground, she sent a blue stream of magic and assembled them into their stage. Then she unloaded Jasper's drum kit onto the platform. "Okay, everybody, we're ready to go!" she said, clapping her hands. "Get your guitar, Hales!"

Haley jumped out of the tree and picked up her guitar. "Don't sound so mad, Constance. Not everybody carries their guitar everywhere with them, y'know."

"She made that guitar; she has a right to carry it everywhere," Trini commented, climbing down. Jasper was already up on the stage, practicing their first song: "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", of course. "We need an audience, though. I don't think anybody read those flyers we put up," he said.

"Good idea," Constance said. She climbed the stairs onto the stage and shouted into the microphone, "Hey, everybody! We need some help drumming up an audience for our concert! Any volunteers?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Where's Our Audience? (Open)

Postby Juniperstar45 » 01/09/2009 11:20 PM

((I'll join if you don't mind, there going to stay in pet form but they know about the secrets that some pets have, like turning into human kind of stuff...Not to worry! :D))

ImageImageImage
.::..::..::..::..::.Alice.::..::..::..::..::..::..::..::.Cloud.::..::..::..::..::.Passionfluff

The pair of Draculi walked side by side aproching the last clearing before , apprently inseperable. "What if I don't want to see a concert Cloud..." Passionfluff sighed, almost growling. Using his paw, Cloud swatted Passionfluffs ear playfully, he bent down and whispered, "This is for Alice's birthday remember?" Rolling her eyes, Alice stopped them both before they walked into the next clearing where the band was setting up. "Listen you guy's don't have to come, I mean really!" Her voice was sort of pathetic with the amount of regret she had in it. It took all her strangth not to totally be selfish. "Well...It's fine really, I would just rather be socailizing with other Kuhnas right now." Passionfluff bit her small lip. Alice nodded seeming to understand, "Right, that's totally fine." She turned around and started walking in the other direction. "Wait! Alice, come on sweetie, this'll be fun." Cloud franticly tried to save their plans. Shaking her head she smiled, "No, no. It's fine let's just get home. I feel a little cold!" She wispered in her small voice. Passionfluff tugged on Alice's ear, jerking it lightly in the direction of the concert. "The flyer said it would be fun for all occasions," She tugged a little harder, "Come on!" Passionfluff yelled through Alice's thick fur. Alice's eyes brightened, "Okay, okay. If you insist," She stared into Cloud's eyes. Groaning inwardly, Passionfluff heard the loud microphones boom, "Hey, everybody! We need some help drumming up an audience for our concert! Any volunteers?" Rolling her eyes she lead the two oblivious lovers into the clearing with the band. Removing his head from Alices', Cloud approched the band member's, "Greetings! You say you need some help rounding up an audience?" Alice sighed and continued, "We could help if you wish."

(1){1}((1))
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/12/2009 8:44 PM

(They don't have to be in human form. It's just harder to play the guitar with paws. XD)

"Great!" Constance said, stepping back from the microphone. "Um, uh..." Unfortunately, she hadn't actually thought of anything to get publicity for their concert. "Well..."

"I have an idea," Trini interrupted. "Maybe you could, I don't know, pass out these flyers to random pets around the park? The concert starts in an hour, since we still have to finish setting up." She handed the Draculi a sheaf of flyers, then retreated to the back of the stage, where a heated discussion was going on.

"I still can't see why we can't use the van yet," Constance complained. "I've already gotten legal clearance to drive it."

"That's not the point!" Haley glared at her. "It's just a rusty old gray van we picked up for fifty bucks at a junkyard."

"Actually, it's a rusty old green van now. I painted it last week. All we have to do is paint the images on the sides."

"Guys, guys!" Jasper intervened. "We'll talk about it later! We have a concert to prepare for."

Haley and Trini went to finish tuning their guitars and Jasper went back to practicing while Constance looked over the list of songs. "Since when does 'Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!' have an exclamation point in it?"

"Who knows?" Jasper looked at the page. "It doesn't matter."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Juniperstar45 » 01/17/2009 1:42 PM

Cloud nodded and turned to Alice, her head cocked to the side. "So what are we doing now?" Cloud smiled and said, "We'll be handing out flyers to pets around the park, let's go!" Passionfluff nodded but walked slowly, "Man you guys are worse then all the kits back home, cool it for now okay?" She shook her head and took the lead, finding a little kit to pass the flyer to. Cloud smiled widly, "Great, where worse then kits now." Alice flicked his ear playfully, "Come on, we don't need to be goofing off! Let's just hand out these flyers." She took a few and wondered over to another group of pets, telling them to come.
I watch you...fast asleep,

~*~*~

~*~*~Image~*~*~
~*~*~

All I fear...means nothing...

Avi made by Krypto~Lyrics by Utada Hikaru
Juniperstar45
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 880
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/19/2009 10:27 PM

Haley came up behind Constance and Jasper. "Hey, want to know something interesting?"

"Sure," Constance said. "What's up?"

"Well, if we include the time we've been outside this...Evelon place, then in all, we've been doing this thing for 20 years."

"No, we haven't. Have we?"

"Yeah, actually." Jasper pulled out a pocket calculator. "We haven't been here too long, and there's that weird aging magic thing you do, but if you count that time back home...Haley's right."

Constance started to laugh, and after a moment so did Haley. Jasper looked annoyed. "What's so funny?"

"Well--" Constance gasped between outbursts of laughter, "--'It was 20 years ago today Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play'--" She walked away to tell Trini, trying to stop laughing. Jasper just shook his head and went back to his drums.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LichBlade » 01/29/2009 8:12 PM

Ragabash

LichBlade

A dark furred Void Fellox strolled around Terrace Park, there was his closest friend, who was also his master, walking beside him. These two were a very dark looking pair, and tended to scare the people they passed with their blank visages and fierce bodies.
The duo passed by what looked to be a quartet, fully equipped with guitars and drums. It looked like they were setting up for a show, and were carefully tuning their instruments.
A thought came to the master from the Fellox, You haven't had fun in years good friend, please stay and watch this coming show.

The man thought back, I haven't needed 'fun' in years, thats why I avoid it.

The mountain did turn you cold, I'm here to save you from the same fate as mine, a destiny that destroys all emotion.

... I will stay and watch the show, as long as you don't thought-sleeptalk again!

Deal.

LichBlade found a nearby stump and watched the band prepare for their show, they were talking about some sort of Sgt. Pepper? It seemed a little bit random to him, but he got over it...
They are musicians after all!

\\Ragabash\\Illidian||Remachin//Wanderheart//

Image Image Image Image
LichBlade
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 113
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/29/2009 9:02 PM

Constance turned around to see two dark-looking characters watching them with interest. At least, she thought they were interested...it was hard to tell. She decided not to say anything.

"Hey, did you see MMT?" Jasper asked.

"What's MMT?"

"Magical Mystery Tour. I figured you with your acronyms for everything--"

"Okay, okay. Yeah, I saw it. It was...trippy."

"Yup." Jasper grinned. "I was wondering, though, why do we keep doing concerts by album? Can't we have some crazy random thing, just once?"

"Actually," Constance said, "I had an idea for something today. Trini and Hales already know about it..." She leaned over to whisper. He snorted.

"Good idea," he said. "Should be fun. And entertaining." Just then, Haley noticed the two spectators. She walked to the edge of the stage.

"Hello there, blue people!"

Trini sighed. "They won't get it," she mumbled.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby LichBlade » 01/30/2009 11:31 AM

Trini was right.
They didn't get it.
What in the world are they talking about?, Ragabash thought to LichBlade.
Unless my eyes aren't working, i think we're still in black...

We are, but I guess it's some sort of inside joke.

The duo decided to stand up and walk towards the band, they didn't try to look menacing but the musicians still looked rather unsettled. Finally, when the two reached the band...

"Hello, I noticed that you are starting a concert of some sort, is there any admission fee to watch? Or is this just a free show you're providing the people in the park with?"

((OOC: Sorry that this was so short >_<))

\\Ragabash\\Illidian||Remachin//Wanderheart//

Image Image Image Image
LichBlade
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 113
Donate

Postby Indigo » 01/30/2009 9:13 PM

"Told you they wouldn't get it," Trini said. Haley shot her a glare, then turned back to talk to the pair, all smiles. "There's no admission fee," she said with a smile. "All you have to do is show up on time."

"We have half an hour until showtime," Jasper said. "And, um, maybe we should lay off the music jokes for a while, Hales. No one around here is going to understand them."

"At least, not until we start playing," Constance said with a grin.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 03/02/2009 9:35 PM

Jasper tapped Constance on the head with a piece of cardboard. "It's almost time to start," he reminded her.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She sighed. "Shoot. I lost the scriptish." "Scriptish" was what they called their between-song act script. It wasn't really a script, because they didn't really follow it. It was just good for when they had nothing to say.

"We don't need a scriptish today," Trini called from the other end of the stage. "It's our first performance in town. You should know the rules by now; you made 'em up."

"Good point." Constance rummaged around in her backpack and pulled out a small white box. "Hmm...which song should it be?" she muttered. She pulled a slip of paper out of the box and almost cheered. "Hey, guys, there is a Music God!"

"No way. You got it by chance?" Trini came over.

"Yup. I've got a great routine worked out for it too."

"That oughta be fun to watch. Your routines rock."

"Constance?" Haley looked nervous. "Isn't this sorta illegal? I mean...they're not dead yet..."

"So now we can only perform songs written by dead guys?" Constance snorted. "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."

"We've got ten minutes," Jasper said.

"Got it." Constance walked over to the microphone again. "The concert starts in ten minutes! Anyone?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zoeybird » 03/07/2009 3:15 AM

Image Glacial Werecain

My Killing Frost was walking along when he spotted a band setting up, he was new in town and decided that it would be a good place to meet people and to experience some live entertainment. So he walked over to the audence area, taking a flyer from a Draculi along the way, before finding a seat toward the back. Being quite large he tended to block peoples veiw if he sat in front.

Having settled himself, My Killing Frost turn his attention to the people on the stage. There were four of them and they all appeared to be excited about something, but what wasn't clear to My Killing Frost. Deciding it would be better to wait to see what was going on, My Killing Frost waited silently for the show to begain.

Will start soon? He wondered to himself.
There is no such thing as a bad adventure, only ones that are a test to your ability to stick through to the end!
Image Zephion
Zoeybird
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 118
Donate

Postby Zoeybird » 03/11/2009 11:18 PM

Image Prismatic Werecain

Rainbow Blades was looking for her lone pack mate, he had wondered off again! Sighing she turned into the park to contenue the search. The two of them had been together for quite some time, having met when they were both really young. They each had had their stories when they met, but that didn't seem to matter. They had formed a pack of two and contenued their journy. But My Killing Frost had always had a need to wonder and explore.
There is no such thing as a bad adventure, only ones that are a test to your ability to stick through to the end!
Image Zephion
Zoeybird
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zoeybird » 03/11/2009 11:29 PM

Image Glacial Werecain

Though still excited My Killing Frost was starting to feel a little bored and lonely. He was starting to wish that he had invited Rainbow Blades along on his walk. He knew she would be upset when they met up again, but she had been napping and he had wanted to go out. He took a quick glance at the stage, but they seemed to still be seting up. He sighed and shifted his weight into a more comfortable possition. :|
Image Zephion
Zoeybird
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zoeybird » 03/11/2009 11:39 PM

Image Prismatic Werecain

Rainbow Blades was tired of looking for the troublesome Male and was ready to give up and go home when she finally spotted him over in front of a stage. Growling and muttering under her breath she stocked over to her found pack mate and came up behind him. Then with a savage roar leaped on his back and gave him a hard nip for causing her so much trouble. :angry:
Image Zephion
Zoeybird
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zoeybird » 03/11/2009 11:59 PM

Image Glacial Werecain

My Killing Frost yelped and darted forward before spinning to face his attacker only to be brought up short by the sight of Rainbow Blades standing there with an angry look on her face. Realizing that he was in trouble he lowered his head and gave Rainbow Blades his full attention. She looked really angery, so he lowered his head even more and approached slowly.
     "Hey Rainbow Blades, have a nice nap?" :oops:
Image Zephion
Zoeybird
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Next