Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Playdate~ oDo{P; Me and Freezy}

Postby Freezair » 02/26/2009 12:18 AM

Minty looked around Rena to the first-aide kit. She felt a little confused. Looking up at Rena, she said: "Um. I know you got Band-Aids, but... I got a cut like this once before on my elbow, and my mommy didn't use Band-Aids on it. She used... um... That funny sticky stringy white stuff. Uh... Gauze! 'Cuz if it's bad... well, I dunno if it's OK..."

Minty probably had a point, though she couldn't claim to be any sort of an expert on first aid. Nonetheless, she dutifully took the three neon-pink bandages and plastered them over her forehead. She brushed one of her dark brown bangs out of her face; the tips were stuck together with blood.

"Umm... are you gonna call my parents?" she asked, slightly anxious but not worried.

[32]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/26/2009 11:37 PM

"Well," Rena began, taking one more bandage and sticking it strategically over the cut, "I want to make sure that I'm keeping the skin close. I'll leave gauze to the doctors, besides, I don't have any on me. I want to keep blood away and keeping the cut as close together as possible should help, as they'll be starting the same healing process that stitches do. And yes, I'll be calling your parents." she said, patting her on the shoulder and smiling. "Now, you'll have about..." she looked at her watch. "I'm guesstimating about 3-8 minutes before your parents get here. If you guys wanna quick go down a slide -feet first- or say goodbye or whatever, you better do it now. No monkey bars, or that plastic climbing wall!" she called as Longshot grabbed Minty's hand and made to pull her towards the very large tube slide.

His hands were plastered with multi-colored neon bandages and his palms felt sticky from them. "C'mon, Minty! Let's go down that slide."
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 02/27/2009 2:52 AM

"O-o-okay..." Minty nodded nervously. "Thanks, Rena. I don't understand all this stuff, but you're pretty nice." She sighed. "OK, Longshot! One more slide! Now... WE FLY!"

She stuck her hands out in front of her and ran, letting her cape billow behind her. "LONGSHOT AND MIND GIRL TO THE RESCUUUUUUUE! C'mon, Longshot! We have to go into our secret base and take the secret slide to get out so we can save the day!" She ran up the steps to the slide. "We're gona saaaaave the woooooorld!"

[33]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 02/28/2009 11:26 PM

Rena smiled and, yes, amazingly she did laugh openly at their cuteness. She couldn't wait to see if they grew up. She could tell they'd be really good friends. She then pulled out her dinosaur of a cell phone that she stubbornly held onto because she didn't need new stuff(alright, the iTouch was a gift from Marie who insisted that she use it over her bulky old iPod Mini.) and she hated to give it up because it served her well. She quick scrolled through her numbers and found one labelled "Minty Parents" and hit the SEND button.

Longshot grinned wide and threw his weight into the wind, his hands shooting forward and giving him a dramatic "flying" effect similar to Minty's. "Longshot and Mind Girl, here to save... THE DAYYY~" he sung, laughing at the wind tossing his shaggy hair and blowing his cape so it flapped and swung and just made him excited. "To the secret tube... at the secret base... down the secret slide... we'll solve the case~!" he continued on, just throwing together a funny little rhyme song that made him feel like he was important. And then he slipped into the Batman theme- just a few octaves higher. "Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh... duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh..."

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 02/28/2009 11:33 PM

Minty tried to copy Longshot's singing, but wasn't very good at it. Her voice wavered up and down in a rather atonal fashion, hitting no particular notes of interest. Nonetheless, she dashed up the steps. After inputting the "secret code" on the tic-tac-toe board on the playset, she made a hissing sound, and sat at the top of the slide.

"Now, into the secret base! Wheeeeee!"

Off in the distance, she could hear the edges of her parent's thoughtspeech. "Oh, dear... what has she gotten herself into now?" and "Ayah... just like Armin when he was little." She ignored it for the moment. For now, she was playing, and all was right in the world.

[34]

((One or two more posts and I think we be done. :D))

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/01/2009 1:46 PM

((8D Kays.))

"Hello? Mrs. Lucinda Lavalamp or Mr. Aleksandr Ja? The name's Rena, I came with my pup Longshot to meet your daughter, Minty. Yeah, um, I think that she got really excited and tripped- we were playing hide and seek and I couldn't see her- and she cut herself up. Her largest cut is on her forehead..."

Longshot followed Minty's lead, calling out "WHOOSH!" as he flew down the slide after her. As they both hit the bottom, he got up and went to a bubble-window and sat down in front of it, saying to Minty, "C'mon! We're gonna get our debeefing here!" of course, Longshot didn't really make a point to ask if he was sayind debriefing correctly when he first heard the word. He truly thought it was debeefing. Tapping his fingers long the edge of the window pretending there was a keyboard there, he 'accessed' the debeefing files.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 03/01/2009 3:25 PM

There was a buzz on the other end of the line. Presumably, one of them was using their psychic hand to fumble with the phone.

"Dear me," Lucinda sighed. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised. We'll be right there, darling. And thank you so much for looking after her this afternoon... Ta-ta!" Lucinda wished Rena farewell, and hung up.

Minty, meanwhile, was happy just following Longshot. "Alright! Mr. President of the World, sir! What do Longshot and Mind Girl gotta do today? What's that? There's a bad guy tryin' to freeze all'uh Ald-rict in an ice cube? We gotta stop him, Longshot! Before the prices on sweaters in Ald-rict go way, way up!"

She hoped that her joke was funny, just like the ones she saw on old superhero cartoons.

[35]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/01/2009 3:55 PM

Longshot giggled, then hit his pretend enter key and said to the bubble, "We understand, El President-o!" he said to it, as he remembered Arnold saying something like that once and laughing about it. "Debeefing over!" he shouted, and looked at Minty. "Now, which way to Ald-rict, Mind Girl?" he asked in his superhero voice.

Rena smiled and said a hasty "You're welcome!" and snapped her phone shut. She looked up from the device to see Minty and Longshot enjoying themselves in the bottom of the playground. She was surprised that she actually was liking Longshot right now. It wasn't like her. Sighing, she sat down on the bench and pulled out her iTouch, immersing herself in Dude (Looks Like A Lady).

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 03/01/2009 4:23 PM

"This way! WOOSH!" Minty threw her hands up in the air and ran forward, "flying" toward the monkey bars. She remembered what Rena had said about not playing on them, but she didn't think she'd get in trouble for just walking near them.

A brilliant pink Lucain approached Rena, an equally pink, ephermeral hand floating above her head. The hand waved to try and get her attention. "Hello! Rena, darling? It's me, Lucinda! Minty's mother?"

She walked up to the girl. She noticed the ear buds in Rena's ears and wondered if she would get through--goodness knew Lucinda loved her music as well, so she understood. She waved her psychic hand again, cheerfully trying to draw Rena's attention.

"Hello, darling! I'm here. Where is Minty? I've come to get her, so don't worry."

[36]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/01/2009 4:32 PM

Rena tugged at the wires and the buds popped out easily. She took a few seconds to shove her iTouch away, then got up to greet Mrs. Lavalamp properly. "Mrs. Lucinda Lavalamp, glad to meet you! Sorry about Minty getting cut, I should've put more specific boundaries on hide and seek." Rena said, embarrassment making her cheeks bloom with color. "Minty, your mother's here!" she called to the two, smiling.

Longshot followed Minty, making loud whooshing noises. As they approached the monkey bars, Longshot slowed slightly. Rena was calling them. He quickly caught the end of Minty's cape and gave it a small tug. "Hey, your mommy's here!" he said to her, his eyes giving away how upset he was that their playdate's over. He would suggest hiding, but Rena was giving him one of those "Don't Even Try It" looks. He smiled limply and began to plod up to them.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Freezair » 03/01/2009 5:02 PM

"No, no it's quite alright," Lucinda sighed. "She'll do these things to herself. Unfortunately. I think all children are bound to take a few scrapes..."

Minty stopped in mid-run, upon hearing Rena shout. She looked back with disappointment at Longshot. "Aww... Sorry, Longshot, I gotta go." Her arms drooped disappointedly, and her cape gave one last flutter, as if to wave goodbye. "Promise I'll come play again though! Then we can REALLY save the world! LONGSHOT AND MIND GIRL TO THE RESCUE!" Then she laughed, and ran off to meet her mother.

"Goodness gracious!" Lucinda said, looking at her forehead. "You really did do a number on yourself, didn't you, sweetheart?"

"Sorry, Mama..."

"Dear, dear. Come along. We should probably get the doctor to look at that..."

"Rena said stitches..."

"Well, I think glue will do," Lucinda nodded. "Then, hopefully, it will hurt a bit less. Now, thank Miss Rena and say goodbye..."

"Thank you for having me over to play with Longshot," Minty nodded. "And thank you for the nice cape. And goodbye, Longshot! Can't wait to play again!"

[37]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 03/02/2009 12:07 AM

Longshot followed after Minty; Rena would call him anyways, and he wanted to say a proper goodbye to his friend. "Good-bye, Minty!" he called to her as they left, waving crazily, hoping that she saw. He stopped and looked to Rena. "Will I get to see Minty again soon?" he asked Rena, giving her a look of pure innocence. Rena couldn't help but smiled. "Oh, Longshot, of course you will!" she said, wrapping her arm around his shoulders and rubbing it. "Don't worry, as soon as you have a free day, I'll be sure to call up Minty's mommy and we'll schedule another playdate, alright?" Longshot nodded. Just then, he gave a loud yawn. Rena laughed. "You guys must've been playing hard if you're tired! C'mon, I think Snowy's cooking meatballs tonight..." she said in a teasing tone. Longshot brightened. "Meatballs?! C'mon, then, I wanna get home! I'm STARVED!"

((I'm guessing that that was your end? :3 That was fun.))

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items