Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Chillin' [done]

Postby Leaftail » 05/18/2009 7:07 PM

The day turned out to be the kind of days where one wanted to lay outside in the sun for hours, reading a book or drinking a glass of lemonade. Maybe snooze under a tree, or relax while watching people walk by. This was the day Leaftail was hoping for, a chance to relax! She had just moved in, settled down and decided to take one of her special friends out for a change...that was until Haipaa wanted to come.

She hadn't really planned on bringing the small creature with her, more or less she wanted to get Akarui out of the stable and try to bond with her, but Haipaa insisted on coming along. The little Fenling wouldn't give up until she said he could come along. The ball of fur was now resting on her shoulder, one of his tails wrapped around her arm, another one lightly wrapped around her neck. Are we there yet? he asked excitedly, looking around.

"Not yet...calm down, you are always so full of energy!" Leaftail replied, sighing and picking Haipaa off of her shoulder. The Fenling squirmed about before he got loose and dropped from her grip landing on the ground. Laughing, Leaftail led the creature towards the park, in hopes of entertaining not only Haipaa, but for finding someone to talk to as well.

Once they got there, Haipaa ran straight into the grass and started to roll around, while Leaftail found a spot in the grass to sit and watch.
Image Image

Name: Haipaa / Name: Iskim
Level: 10 / Level: 4

please click my clickables when you can, thank you
The Garden-The Garden Farm-Wishlist-Clickables
Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 294
Donate

Re: Chillin' [open to all]

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 5:22 PM

[_// O R O;

If today were to ever be defined in a dictionary, one would find it under lazy. Already, though the day had barely begun, Red was feeling particularly lackadaisical, and that normally wasn't very good, especially since she had decided to bring along one of her most hyperactive pets. The bright yellow rollaby, suitingly called Oro, meaning "gold", was ahead of her by a few footlengths, dashing to and fro across the sidewalk. Oro looked behind him for a moment, staring at Red expectantly, who sped up slightly to keep up with him. "You can keep going, I'm watching you," Red said, smiling at the creature.

Oro nodded slightly, and continued to leap from one side of the path to the other. Red then looked out into the park, and noticed someone sitting down in the grass. Before she could say anything, Oro noticed the Fenling that belonged to the human, and he dashed out to go and play. Red didn't say anything of it at first, but then she realized that Oro was beginning to curl into a ball. She quickly ran after him, and that's when Oro began rolling towards the Fenling. "Oro! Stop! You could hurt them!" Red called, but it was too late.

Especially since Red's foot managed to entangle itself in a small hole in the ground and she fell face forward into the grass. She didn't catch what had happened, but it probably didn't end too well.
::the R E D manifesto;

am i loud and clear, or am i breaking up?
am i still your charm, or am i just bad luck?
are we getting closer, or are we just getting more lost?
i'll show you mine if you show me yours first.
let's compare scars, i'll tell you whose is worse.
let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words.
we live on front porches and swing life away,
we get by just fine here on minimum wage
if love is a labor i'll slave till the end,
i won't cross these streets until you hold my hand.

lyrics to Swing Life Away by Rise Against
Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 127
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 5:50 PM

At first Leaftail didn't catch what the yellow thing was, thinking it was a ball, she got up to go get it and then noticed Red falling onto her face. "Oh...that's gotta hurt..." she muttered and started towards Red, then the yellow ball rolled by and she realized it was a rollaby and that it was heading towards Haipaa. "Crap..." she muttered and was torn between who to go to first.

Haipaa caught the scent of the one coming creature and got up, wiggling his behind in the air. When Oro was close enough, Haipaa leaped and jumped onto Oro, before running over as Oro kept rolling. It was quite a funny thing...Oro rolling with Haipaa running on him to not fall. Woo hoo! Ain't this great!? he laughed continuing his little in place run.

Leaftail watched them and sighed. Haipaa was going to be alright. She walked over to Red and bent down, shaking her head softly. "That was quite a fall...you ok?" she asked, holding a hand out to the fallen trainer.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 6:22 PM

[_// O R O;

Oro felt the Fenling hop onto his back, and in his mind, the rollaby couldn't help but smile. "H-h-hope you're g-g-getting a decent w-workout up th-there!" Oro exclaimed, though his voice was a bit jumpy, seeing as he was rolling. He then began to slow, and finally came to a complete stop. He looked back at Red, who was just starting to sit up.

Red looked up at the girl, and gave a weak grin. "Heh, yeah, I'm fine. I just hope it looked cool." she said jokingly. Red blinked, looking the other trainer over for a moment, then she ran her fingers through her dark hair. "He noticed your Fenling, and got excited. Forgive him, he's a little crazy." Red said, staring at Oro and Hiapaa. She then returned her gaze to Leaftail.

"I'm Red," she said with a smile.

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 7:00 PM

"Haha! This is so much fun!" Haippa cried and once Oro started to slow, he jumped off and did a little roll on the ground before getting up. "That was amazing! Do you do that all the time!?" he asked, wiggling his tails behind him, the jewels he held shining in the sunlight.

Leaftail smiled. "It did, don't worry too much about that," she laughed, sitting down next to Red. "Ah...well, Haipaa loves attention, so I'm sure they'll be fine with each other for a bit. I think they'll become friends in the next five minutes," she said and put her hands in her lap. She watched Haippa jumped around Oro for a bit before turning back to the girl.

"I"m Leaftail...strange name to give to your kid, but I kind of like it. You can call me Leaf though...most of my old friends have," Leaftail explained, her grin still plastered on her face. She was naturally nice to most people, unless they did something to either tick her off or her pets. But from first impressions, Leaftail could guess that Red was a nice girl, especially since she could put up with a hyperactive ball of fluff, probably better than she could with Haipaa.

Haipaa glanced over to the trainers and then back to Oro. "Is she ok?? That was quite a fall!" he said, getting up on his hind paws and walking backwards.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 7:14 PM

[_// O R O;

Oro grinned at Haipaa, and nodded. "All the time, all the time!" Oro chirped, and bounced around Haipaa in a circle. "My name is Oro, yes it is, it is! What's your name?" Oro asked, staring at the Fenling in awe. "You have pretty colors, yes, very pretty indeedy!" Oro exclaimed happily, and began running around Haipaa, coming to a stop after his third orbit.

Red grinned at Leaftail. "I think I'll stick with Leafy, it's cuter." she replied, and giggled a little. "Hah, I agree, but I hope Haipaa can deal with Oro's craziness. He's quite hyper, as you can clearly see." Red said, pointing over to where Oro was orbiting the Fenling. "Haipaa's coloration is lovely, by the way." Red remarked, and grinned at Leaftail. She picked a twig out of her hair, and then smiled at Oro as the rollaby looked over.

"Oh, Reddy? She's fine, yes, fine. She has falls like that all the time, all the time!" Oro said, and shot a goofy grin over at his trainer. "She's silly, yes, indeedy!" Oro said, and looked at Haipaa. "What about your master? Is she nice, like, uh...nice?" the rollaby asked.

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 7:23 PM

Haippa laughed as Oro circled him, following around in his own in place circle on his hind legs. "Wow!? All the time! She doesn't get head injuries does she????" he asked, before landing on all of his legs. He soon had a proud grin on his face. "I'm Haipaa! Leaftail said she named me after my attitude! I dunno what it means though...oh thanks! You're...yellow...which is a pretty color too!" Haipaa exclaimed. He never thought that he was "pretty" but it'll do for now.

"Leafy? Ha, if you say so," she replied, laughing. Wow...Red was...interesting. She had a feeling that if Oro and Haipaa became close friends she'd be seeing a lot of her. "Haipaa can deal with anyone...back at the Garden, my home, we have a couple of creatures that tend to want to be alone, yet he's out there bothering them...never gets hurt though...which puzzles me. I would've thought to have taken him in somewhere to fix a broken leg," she explained, shaking her head while watching the two creatures. "Oh, it is isn't it? I think it adds to his character..." she muttered and shook her head. "How about Oro?"

Haipaa sat down for a moment to think and was right back up the next instant. "Leaftail is a wonderful trainer! We just got a Penticorn and she's a total brat! Leaftail wanted to take her out today but I had this feeling that Leaftail was just going to get hurt so I volunteered instead! She's super nice, can cook, and allows me to sleep on her bed!" he explained.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 7:38 PM

[_// O R O;

[OOC: I lawled at the "Leaftail can cook" part. :3]

Oro shook his head rapidly. "Nope, nope, nope! Red's head is made of concrete, yes, indeedy!" the rollaby replied. Then he shut his eyes really tight, looking strained for a moment. "Hmmm, Haipaa must mean like, 'really cool' or something, yep. And, and, and thank you very muchly! I appreciate your compliments, yep." Oro replied, grinning. "We're gonna be great friends, yes, indeedy." the rollaby danced around Haipaa happily.

Red nodded in understanding. "I know exactly how that is, Oro's the same way. He's so cute, and he runs around and gets into all sorts of mischief, but he never ends up hurt," she said, and then looked at Leaftail. "Oro's something else, he really is. I think his 'in your face' color just kind of adds to his happy energy. I've never seen him down, but I don't ever want to, I'd probably end up feeling his pain. He's so easy to connect with, it's great." Red said. She knew that Oro needed alot of attention, so he probably didn't trust her too much yet, but he was definitely getting there.

Oro grinned at the Fenling. "Red's an amazing cook, simply amazing. She makes all sorts of treats, cookies, brownies, cakes, uh, cookies! I just wanted out of the house, yep. I wanted to go on a trip." Oro said. He cast a dreamy-eyed look over at Red, then looked back at Haipaa. "Sometimes I wish I'd behave better, cause I gets in trouble, lots of times, yep." Oro said, making a face.

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 7:50 PM

[ooc;; oh thanks a lot :P]

Haipaa's grin grew wider. "I bet you it does! She's been keeping it a secret too long!" he said and looked towards the two humans, his fur bristling in amusement. "Yes, yes we are! I can see it now, we are going to take over the world and be the best of friends who rule it! BWAHAHAHH!" he laughed, sitting on his haunches and waving his front paw in the air. Then...he started to choke on his own saliva and then cleared his throat. "Ugh...bugs..." he said.

Leaftail totally understood what Red was talking about. The bond between her and Oro was just like her and Haipaa. If one was feeling down the other would feel it and try to make the other feel better. More or less it was Haipaa doing the cheering up. Leaftail rarely saw him sad or depressed, he always had a happy outlook to life. "I'm hoping they become friends...someone needs to keep up with Haipaa cause I can't," she said, running her fingers through her brown hair, green eyes looking from Red to the two hyperactive idiots.

"Wouldn't that make her a really great bakery chef?" Haipaa asked, twirling his tails about. He tilted his head, and then looked towards Red. Oro really admired Red didn't he? "Well, it's fun getting into trouble isn't it? I have an idea! Let's tackle them! They need some loving!" he said and then leaped into the air, twisting around, almost like a ballerina (cause of his tails I tell ye!!)  and raced off towards the girls.

[Haipaa levels up to level 2!]
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 8:01 PM

[_// O R O;

[OOC: S'all outta love <33]

Oro rolled over onto his back when Haipaa let out the outburst about them ruling the world. He then shot onto his feet and grinned at Haipaa. "You'll have to come over and taste some of her treats, yes!" Oro exclaimed, and then glanced over at the girls. "Oh! Yes, sweet, sweet lovin'!" Oro said in a strangely western accent, then he grinned, and set off after Haipaa.

Red grinned, and nodded. "I agree, Oro would be able to find a great friend in Haipaa." she said, then looked over in the direction of the pets, to realize they were racing towards them. She shook her head and held out her arms.

Oro's speed increased, and he began to roll, racing towards Red. When he was a few yards away, he snapped out of his circle, and kicked off of the ground, shooting straight into Red's arms, the force knocking her backwards. Red had, in fact, closed her arms tightly around the rollaby, though, so he didn't go tumbling into the grass behind her. She lay there, staring at the sky, laughing. "Oro, you're so silly." she said, and Oro nuzzled against her for a moment.

{ORO IS LEVEL TWO! *victory*}

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 8:07 PM

Leaftail didn't know what hit who first. She saw Red go tumbling and then she was attacked by Haipaa, who was attempting to slam into her at his fullest, but was caught in mid-air. Once caught he went limp, before he started to laugh. "And Leaftail saves the day again! Good catch! I have to try harder to not get caught the next time!" he laughed, wiggling his paws in the air.

Leaftail rolled her eyes and set him on the ground. "That's one thing we don't have in common Red, I can catch him," she laughed and gave Haipaa and nuggie before sending him on his way again.

Haipaa glanced over to Oro and smiled. "That is a good idea, I'd have to visit sometime...maybe when Leaftail is with someone else for a change," he replied and shook himself to let his fur get back into place. He looked back at Leaftail, who smiled, and then to Oro. "I guess that''ll be sooner than I thought!" he laughed, pouncing at Oro.
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 8:20 PM

[_// O R O;

For a moment, Red and Oro both lay there, motionless. Red finally sat up, and laughed at Leaftail. "Yeah, Oro is just too fast." she said. Oro looked up at her, then leaped over her shoulder, and ran to stand by Haipaa.

"Sweet lovin', yes, indeedy!" Oro chirped, and Red giggled. She stroked the rollaby's head, then glanced over at Leaftail. "Heh, well, I could let you sample some of my work right now, if you wanted. I've got some treats with me." Red said, and reached into her bag, pulling out a little box of assorted baked goods. She passed a brownie to Oro, then offered the box to Leaftail and Haipaa.

Red and Oro glanced at each other, and Oro began munching on the brownie, a cute look spreading across his face.

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/19/2009 8:26 PM

"I can tell...I'm glad Haipaa isn't that fast. If he was I'd be in trouble," Leaftail replied and shook her head. Haipaa stared at the snacks once Leaftail got a hold of the box and his tails wiggled behind him. His bright green eyes almost seemed to glow from anticipation, he wanted one and wanted it now! "Please please please!!!" he asked, begging and placing his paws on Leaftail's leg, his tails wiggling faster. "Alright, alright...here, you can have the brownie and sugar cookie," she replied and placed them down in front of him. Haipaa grinned and soon gobbled them up. "Oh my! You should open a bakery!" he said, looking to Red.

Leaftail smiled and pulled out a chocolate chip cookie, and then had to agree. "Wow! This is good! I can't bake to save my life, but my Thai food is to die for, not literally though," she replied, enjoying the cookie that seemed to melt into her mouth. "Like Haipaa said, I think you should...it'd be a great success," she added in, and pulled out the brownie from her box. "Is it safe to feed them? I know I sometimes give my pets back at home some of my food, but I always make sure that their stomachs can take it..."
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redpelt » 05/19/2009 8:55 PM

[_// O R O;

[OOC: Sheesh, Leafy, you really want that Thai food. o___O;]

Red turned a little pink when both Haipaa and Leaftail suggested that she open a bakery. "Heh, I would, but I don't have enough money right now. I'd like to try your cooking sometime, though." Red said, offering a smile. She then looked at Oro for a moment.

"Sometimes feeding them regular food can give them tummy aches, but usually it's alright to give them food," Red explained, then pointed to the box of treats. "I use ingredients that are universally safe for both humans and pets, and they all still taste good. So you can eat them yourself, or feed them to your pets." Red said with a smile.

Redpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Leaftail » 05/20/2009 2:25 PM

[ooc;; yes yes I do :D, and I'm tired of formatting so...no more! xD]

"Well, when you get enough money, I suggest you do attempt to open a shop...I'm sure you'd be a smash hit in no time!" Leaftail said. She then started on the brownie and noticed it, too, seemed to melt in her mouth. Yummy! She really needed to learn how to bake...

Haipaa wiggled his butt in the air again before pouncing at a butterfly that raced by. He was feeling super energized now, being that he just consumed another dose of sugar, and just had to run. He started to chase the butterfly, his tails wiggling as he did so.

Leaftail nodded, and watched Haipaa for a moment, before looking back at Red. "What kind of ingredients do you use? I'd love to know, just to see if I can make any eatable dishes for Haipaa and the others,"
Image Image

Leaftail
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next