Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

An Outing (Done)

Postby jobiehanna » 06/05/2009 8:44 PM

Neoma
((Human Form; click for image))

It was mid-afternoon. The sun was coming down from its daily journey and many people walked around the park or watched their children play. But not Neoma. She was walking one of the paths with her best friend, Panos. She was watching the squirrels playing around the trees and listening to the birds sing. She sighed inwardly. Panos always had his cell-phone, and it was never off. Suddenly she heard him laugh soflty. She turned toward him and asked, "What's so funny?" Sure, he was her best friend, but why was she ignored when they were out and about, just the two of them? She turned back to the path ahead. She hadn't expected an answer anyway. She shoved her hands into her pockets. The trees not far from them were green, the green of new beginnings.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: An Outing (Private)

Postby jobiehanna » 06/05/2009 8:57 PM

Panos
((Human Form; click for image))

Panos was texting, like always. He didn't even notice the blue skies or the twittering of the birds. He hadn't even realized he was laughing outloud. He wasn't even sure why they were at the park. Maybe Neoma wanted to spend some quality time together like they used to before he had met Livana. Suddenly it him him. Today was Neoma's birthday. He sighed and snapped the phone shut. Why had he been so stupid? The phone buzzed again. He grimaced and read the message. Then he typed quickly 'bye, luv. gtg, c u l8r.' This time he turned the phone off. Then he turned to Neoma and grabbed her arms, then stopped in his tracks. He looked into her eyes. She was mad, he knew by the look in her eyes. "I'm so sorry Neo," he said gently. "I completely lost track of the days. Happy Birthday," he finished lamely with a smile.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/05/2009 9:27 PM

Neoma stopped as well and smiled weakly back. So he had forgotten about her birthday. At least he had shut the phone off. She just wished Livana hadn't come into the picture. Livana was pretty, expresive, and she was outgoing. What more would Panos want? Neoma found herself less than mundane and not very expresive. She fought back tears, though one escaped and ran down her cheek. She told herself to keep it together. She didn't want Panos to see her like this. She was eaten up with jealousy. She nodded her head said, "Thanks, Pan." She tried to keep the raw emotion from her voice, but it had been heard.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/06/2009 1:29 PM

Panos lifted a hand and wiped the tear from her cheek. "I really am sorry, Neo," he said sincerely. He released her arms and then held onto her wrist and led her to a park bench. He sat down and pulled her down to sit beside him. He asked with a grin,"What would you like to do for your birthday?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/06/2009 1:37 PM

Neoma smiled gently. She calmed her voice and said, "I'd like to spend the rest of the day with my best friend." She masked her jealousy and pain with a smile. She would always be there for him, but would he always be there for her? It hurt her that he had only grabbed her wrist and not her hand. Then she stood up and started toward the swings down past the pond. "Race ya," she said with a grin and sped off toward them. She laughed as she ran. She loved the swings, they had always been her favorite.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/06/2009 9:34 PM

Panos watched Neoma run, knowing that he could catch up with her in seconds as he had longer legs than her. Then her stood up and tore after her in the park toward the swings. He flashed to a time when they were younger. He and Neo were swinging, laughing just because. He sped up and almost beat her to the swings. He pulled up seconds after she did, laughing, out of breath. He slid into a swing and pushed off.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/06/2009 9:38 PM

Neoma sat in the swing next to Panos and pushed off the ground. Within seconds she was swinging, high in the air. She was stil a little out of breath, but she was still laughing. She clung to the swing for support as she flew higher and higher. She giggled. Then she asked, "Remember when you almost wrapped your swing around the bar?" The sun shone down on the pair of them as they swung. It was a glorious day.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2009 9:53 PM

Panos laughed. "Yeah, I was petrified of getting stuck," he said as he got on the swing beside Neoma. He took to the air as well and they were swinging in unison within seconds. He smiled quietly. He wondered how he had ended up with Livana. He definately preffered brunettes. Above him the clouds darkened. Aw, shucks, he thought. What next?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 06/10/2009 10:27 AM

Rain began to pour down on the pair. Neoma jumped off the swing in mid-air and dashed off. Seconds behind her Panos was running also. By the time they reached the pavilion they were soaked. Neoma sat down on a bench. "It was fun while it lasted," she said.
Panos sat beside Neoma. He could tell she was freightened. Neoma hated storms. It wasn't in the forecast to rain, but it had. He put his arm around Neoma. "We'll just wait it out here," he said. He felt Neoma snuggle closer to him.

Neoma: -5-
Panos: -5-

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran