As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Fire! {{Open!}}

Postby Flowza » 12/05/2009 4:28 PM

Feu noticed the other two staring at the lava.  Pff, wow, how much dumber can this get? He was about to walk away when the hot magma caught his attention.  He stared at it, mesmerized.  It was like water but instead of a mix of cool colours it was a mix of warm colours....it was also alot hotter.  The warmth of the lava wrapped around him like a blanket and for a moment he felt the need to be kind instead of the cold brutalness that he always projected.  He sat down and sighed.  He faced himself with the truth; he was an unhappy fellow/hollowheart that always felt the need to make others feel the same way he did.  He looked at the other two creatures next to him.  He didn't mind Chaos but he was still wary of Nua.  Feu didn't want to admit it but the guy did intimidiate him, probably what caused part of Feu's rudeness in the first place.  He opened his snout to say something but immediatly closed it.  What could he say?  His behaviour was totally insensitive when they first met but he also didn't want to suck up to the guy.  Feu's conclusion was to keep his mouth shut and do nothing more to offend the new creatures he had just met.  Something told him that it might be a little awkward but he didn't want to just walk away.
You always seemed so sure
That one day we'd be fighting a suburban war
your part of town against mine
I saw you standing on the opposite shore
But by the time the first bombs fell
We were already bored

We were already, already bored
Sometimes I can't believe it
I'm movin' past the feeling

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 393
Donate
Location: In a Dream *correction* I'm not? Hehe well that changes alot

Postby Feint » 12/05/2009 11:54 PM

Nua nodded slowly, trying to appear interested. He shot a last quick glance at the lava and turned back to Chaos with a soft frown. He disapproved of strange usages of words, cool being one of the foremost. He had bloodied more than a single pawn of his for using words in strange ways when they thought his back was turned. He felt tempted to scold him sternly, but the mekka was beyond his control. Didn't they belong to Xai're himself? Nua shook his head to clear it and swiftly rose to his feet. He habitually shot a glance all around him and fixed Chaos with his stony gaze. "I have only come to this land recently, myself," he said slowly, and paused for attention. "I have not seen all of this fiery land, but I do want to. Perhaps you could accompany me?" he asked, and turned to Feu to indicate that he was being asked as well. His voice, melodic as it was, still sounded hollow and emotionless. It seemed to be that way no matter what sort of tone he used.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/07/2009 12:13 PM

Chaos seemed oblivious to the frown Nua gave him. In fact, if scolded, he probably wouldn't have understood. As far as he knew, the word "cool" was supposed to be used in that way. "Okay!" Chaos grinning happily at the invitation. This would be fun! He had planned to explore the area for a while and now he would have company! After all, going alone wasn't nearly as fun.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/09/2009 5:09 PM

Feu looked up when he heard Nua mention he wanted to explore the area.  He held his breath hoping for anykind of signal that he was welcome to join the other two.  His eyes softend when Nua notioned that he could come as well.  Feu seized his chance to speak more kindly than he had before,
"Where should we start?"
He asked the other two, trying to make his voice sound as approachable as possible.  He looked around him to see two walkways that looked accessible.  One followed the lava river and the other turned away from the hot magma, leading to a higher level of the volcano.  Feu turned his head back to the other two waiting for their response.  Hopefully Nua would see that he was trying to a bit more friendly and wouldn't ignore like the previous times.  
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 12/11/2009 2:37 PM

Nua frowned inwardly. He was hoping the hollowheart would use the chance to take his leave, but it seemed he had other plans. He turned to face Feu and gave him a reserved, thoughtful stare down the bridge of his nose. He was obviously still holding him in contempt. "Do you know the area?" he asked, tilting his head level as he spoke, and paused for a response.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/15/2009 8:36 PM

Chaos looked down the two paths, considering them. He liked that the first one stayed close to the lava, which he loved. The other went higher up the volcano. If what he had heard was true, there should be lava there too, right? Suddenly, a thought popped into his head- what if there was even more lava? He was about to suggest that path when he heard Nua ask Feu if he knew the area. He decided to wait for a response as well.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 12/18/2009 8:10 PM

Feu looked at the lava in deep thought.  He wasn't the kind of fellow who stayed in one place for more than a month.  He had just arrived to that volcano looking for anything new.  What exactly was he looking for?  Feu didn't even know the response to that.  He looked up at the metallic green creature,
"I just came here recently actually"
 He said, his voice loud and clear.  Why had he been speaking louder you ask?  Feu's head lifted when he relized there was a strange faint rumbeling sound.  He looked back at the other two creatures his held tilted.  
"Do you know what that--"
 He started to ask but was interupted when the rumbeling got louder.  His eyes widened,
"Lets get out of here!"
 He yelled.  He was about to run when he found himself dumbstruck about which trail to take.  He looked at the other two for a decision.  The lava river trail might be dangerous to be next to but going up the volcano would be even worse.
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 12/22/2009 10:55 PM

Nua flinched into a crouch and stood rigid, eyes wide and focused on the mouth of the volcano. His malachite tail lashed from side to side violently behind him, and for a moment it looked as if he might try to attack the bleeding mountain, but at the last second he lunged to the side and loped off in the direction of the level path, the one with the rivers of lava. He leapt nimbly over and around every river of liquid rock as if he did it every day, and as fast as the eagle flies. He was, in other words, very quickly leaving danger and his two ex-comrades behind.

((and now, the chase! Go, Feu, go!))

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 12/27/2009 9:15 PM

Chaos's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. He stared at the volcano for a moment, mesmerized. He looked as if he might have just stood there and watched if it weren't for the reactions of the others...he wasn't exactly the smartest creature around, although he knew enough to run when the others did. He turned his head in Nua's direction for a moment and then took off, following him. He ran quickly, occasionally stumbling over a rock in his path.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Flowza » 01/02/2010 9:45 PM

Feu glared at the metallic green creature as he began to abandon the group.  That little weasel! Feu thought angrily, fire rising in his head with annoyance.  How dare Nua leave Chaos and Feu to their doom.  Strangly, Feu wasn't too worried about the dangerous situation he was in.  He knew that he had the ability to fly away with no problem.  Suddenly a spiteful idea occured to his michivious brain.  If Nua wants to play like this then I'll take the challenge!  Feu thought, a sly smile appearing on his hollow heart face.  Feu could see that Chaos was trying to escape the volcano euroption as well, following Nua's chosen path.  Feu liked the clumsy creature, with his non argutive personality.  Feu spread his wings, and began to flap them up and down, pushing the air out from underneath himself.  His claws left the ground and before and knew it, he was gliding above the lava river.  Carefully, he slighting lowered to grab the hyena like creature with his claws, trying not to prick him too much. When he felt the Chaos in his grasp he let his wings flap, lifting the two higher and higher above the volcano rock.  Feu spotted Nua jumping from boulder to boulder far from the molting lava which now gracefully flowed down the mountian, destructing everything in its path.  Feu gently leaned his body toward direction which the  emerald green creature was heading.  Nua was clearly seen against the dark colors of the volcanic rock.  He became align with him, following him with every leap.  Maybe you should think before trying trick me!, Feu chuckled at the thought.

(withdrawing Feu)
We were already bored

ImageImage
Flowza
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Feint » 01/02/2010 11:34 PM

Nua sailed gracefully over a particularly large lava flow and had to pause when one of his hind paws didn't quite make it all the way. Just as he was back on all fours, the sound of beating wings reached his emerald ears, which flicked back to pinpoint the direction of the noise. He jerked his head up in time to watch Feu's broad silhouette soar overhead and continue forward. He growled softly in disappointment and turned to run in a new direction, only to find that the lava was moving toward him as quickly as if it were closing in for the kill. He pivoted on his heels and made double time for Feu's tail, the lava a mere twenty paws away. Fortunately, he was a fast hunter, and so found himself running directly under the common-colored hollowheart with the lava safely behind him.

(-leaves-)
Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous