As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Time is on my side. [p: Millie and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/15/2010 7:46 PM

(Human form)

Ha -freaking- ha. Someone up there hated her. They really did. She felt her heart stutter in her chest as another rumble of thunder rolled across the sky and she blanched, nearly stumbling off her feet. Folding her arms across her chest, Cine quickly darted down the path that skirted a rather large mountain just on the outskirts of Nori. Or was it a hill? Cine honestly could say she didn’t care right now.

Her hair was a mess, her shoes were covered in ash, and the smell of sulfur in the air was enough to clog her throat and make her gag. She was ready to go home. No, she’d been ready to go home about five hours ago when a friend of hers had suggested they go for a walk in this stupid place…then ditched her. Cine made a mental note to slash some tires and graffiti some walls later on.

Another crash of thunder made her jump, and her pace quickened, her white flats padding quietly against the gravel. She held a hand up to her nose, scrunching her face up against the smell, when the sound of a rock clattering down the hillside stopped her in her tracks. She froze, feet skidding against the loose rocks as her eyes widened. Okay…Now, there weren’t any…monsters around here, right? Her mother had always warned her against this part of the lands, but…Cine wasn’t exactly the listening type.

Maybe there had been a reason for that warning? The young woman took a small step back, eyes darting about to try and locate the source of the disturbance. “Uh…Is someone there?” This felt eerily like ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ where the big bad wolf came around the corner and chased her all the way back to her house. That was the last thing she needed.

[1/14]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/18/2010 8:58 PM

The thunder made her jump again. Cine clutched her arms close around her stomach, her eyes darting from side to side. There was no telling where the…thing that had made that noise was. Maybe it was just a fluke. Maybe the wind had knocked the rock loose and it had tumbled down on it’s own. Maybe there was nothing there at all and she was just imagining things. This place was scary enough to make her jump at every little squeak or clatter of clap of thunder.

She could have sworn she heard a whisper on the wind, but again, maybe it was just her imagination. She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, shivering violently. This place was creepy, and she just wanted to get out of it. She glanced to the side, then quickly behind her, before continuing on her path. Hopefully she could get home before it got completely dark. She didn’t want to be stuck out here after nightfall; that was the last thing she needed.

[2/15]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/19/2010 4:39 AM

At first, she thought she was imagining it. The whisper on the wind was nothing more than some random weeds or branches scraping against one another. She was certain her mind was playing tricks on her, freaking her out as night began to fall. That’s what usually happened in situations like this. But then she heard another voice, this time louder. Something about…two…or four…Whatever it was, it made Cine’s heart skip a beat and her pace quicken.

This was the part where the psycho murderer appeared and chased after her with an axe or something; it was like a terribly bad horror movie. Of course, she was just scaring herself, she insisted. She was being a baby. She needed to stop acting so childish. Laughing nervously, Cine slowed her pace again, shaking her head. She was acting silly. Or, she thought she was, up until she heard footsteps pounding behind her. She froze, a shiver running up her spine, before she took off, sprinting down the path.

“Oh holy heck!” she cried, hoping she could outrun whatever was behind her. “I’m not explaining myself to some crazy psycho!” Please don’t’ follow me, please don’t follow me, pleasedon’tfollowme! she chanted in her mind, heart racing. “Get lost, you freak!”

[3/16]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/21/2010 3:29 PM

“I’m running-” Cine panted, glancing quickly over her shoulder. “-because some freak is chasing me and telling me to ‘accept my fate!’ You’d run too, you idiot!” Was this guy for real? How could he ask a question like that? He was a psycho, and she was running because he was freaking scary. Not to mention all the things he was yelling at her; anyone in their right mind would’ve took off the same way Cine had. Her feet slammed against the gravel and dirt as she sprinted forward, but the sound of footsteps behind her suddenly ceased. Her arm shot out and grabbed a large boulder, swinging herself around it as her feet skidded across the path. She glanced out from behind the rock, frowning when she saw the man who had been chasing her was no longer chasing, but instead, lying prone on the ground, with what looked like blood flowing from his forehead. He wasn’t moving.

Cine bit her lip; what should she do? The smart thing to do would be to keep running. But the kinder side of her said she couldn’t just leave this idiot out here, at the mercy of the elements. She stepped around the boulder, silently cursing herself for being so soft-hearted, and slowly made her way to his immobile form. She pulled a Kleenex from her pocket,  glancing first from the small white cloth, to the figure on the ground, before she slowly sank to her knees beside him. “I must be out of my mind,” she grumbled. This stupidity was going to get her killed, but she felt bad just leaving him here, even if he was a psycho.

Reaching forward, she tentatively pressed the Kleenex against the cut on his forehead, frowning when it came away soaked. “I’m gonna need more Kleenexes,” she muttered, reaching out to rest a hand on his shoulder. “Hey, psycho, wake up,” she said, shaking him slightly. She rose a little off the ground, as if ready to spring away should he lash out at her. “You all right? That’s what you get for chasing after innocent passerby.”

[4/17]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/21/2010 9:54 PM

Cine folded her arms across her legs, one knee resting in the dirt while the other was raised, ready to jump away if she needed to. She watched him carefully as he came around, looking rather confused and completely out of sorts. She imagined a fall like that had to have him a bit concussed and seeing stars. When he jumped up and fell back down, she instinctively reached a hand out to try and catch him. She never made contact, however, as he finally regained his bearing and jumped away from her.

Cine blinked slowly, looking rather annoyed as her brows began to draw together and her eyes began to darken. “What in the world is wrong with you? Did you escape from some kind of mental institution? One minute, your running after me like your going to strangle me, and the next, your freaking out, scrambling away, and throwing money at me. You didn’t hit your head that hard, did you?” She placed her curled up fist on her hip, still watching him from her half kneeling position on the ground.

“I don’t want your money,” she scoffed, knocking away a keystone that nearly hit her on the cheek. “I want you to leave me alone, you psycho. I didn’t do anything to provoke a chase, so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t run after me screaming insane things. I was just on my way home.” She hauled herself to her feet, bending over to brush off the dirt from her pants. “And anyways…You should get that cut looked at. Looks nasty.”

[5/18]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 03/27/2010 12:38 AM

“No, I’m not,” Cine said with a frown, her eyes narrowing. “And it’s stupid to assume I would be. I was running away from you, not after you. Did you hit your head prior to this? Because if not, then you seriously need to see a shrink; I think you’re a little crazy.” She rose to her feet, brushing imaginary dust off her clothing. Glancing down at him, Cine made no move to help him gather hi keystones or even right himself. She seemed indifferent to whatever plight he might’ve been going through, and indeed, no longer seemed afraid of him, or even remotely interested in his reasoning behind him chasing her; she dismissed him as another local crazy.

“Well, whatever. Let’s hope all those bad folk are as clumsy as you. If they are, I won’t have a thing to worry about.” She stuck her hands in her pockets, glancing up at the sky. It was getting darker and darker; her mother was going to kill her if she didn’t get home when she promised she would. “Hey, hey. Don’t call me ‘miss,’” she said suddenly, narrowing her eyes as she whipped her head back around to him. “I’m not that kriffing old, you know.” No, she was just old enough to have four little kids; he didn’t need to know that, though.

“Yeah, cool. Well, I’m off…Seriously dude…get your head checked out. Your crazy, and your all cut up. Can’t be a good combo, you know.” She turned to go, then paused, and turned back to him with a thoughtful frown. “What the heck did you think I was after you for, anyways?”

[6/19]

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate