As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Mog Must See [P Me and Freezair]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/01/2010 4:48 PM

((Changed Amber's name to Mog))

ImageImage

Why was this place so dang hot? The intense heat was forcing Seraph's hair to cling sweatily to the back of her neck and she was sure that there were large pit stains showing through her long-sleeved shirt. Oh how she wished she was in Basantha Shrine right about now! She wallowed in her misery, and sweat, with her arms crossed in a way that screamed "Get me the hell out of here!" HA. As if Mog would ever let her leave.

Mog, meanwhile was skittering about happily, surveying his surroundings. Oh he loved the heat against his...metal...and he was itching to visit the volcano. He glance behind him and watched Seraph carefully, then snorted. As usual she was acting moody and hating her life. She was a minor bump in the road of their journey though, and Mog was convinced that once she saw the lava she would liven up a bit. His eyes swirled and then transformed into cameras and with multiple clicks he took a few pictures. He heard a sigh from Seraph from behind and glared.

"Problem, Oh-Ungrateful-One?" He asked. Seraph rolled her eyes and stood next to him. "Can we go home?" She muttered. Mog focused his camera lense eyes at Seraph and immediately started taking pictures, letting the flash go off every time. Seraph shrieked and took a few steps back and tripped over a stray vine.

"Ugh." Her voice remained monotone, and Mog stood next to her. "We must stay. Mog  must get his pictures. Mog want to see volcano. Mog will see volcano."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Mog Must See [P Me and Freezair]

Postby Freezair » 04/01/2010 6:29 PM

ImageImage

Thank goodness for mist magic! Cantella kept the cooing cloud circling around hers and Odysseus' bodies. The radiant heat from the lava lake was quite remarkable. She could feel it oozing and bubbling with power from even up here! And... other things. If she were feeling a bit more impish, she would have told the volcano that it should probably lay off the bean burritos.

Odysseus peaked over the rim of their footpath and into the sizzling crater. "Are you... sure this is safe?" he asked wonderingly. "I know volcanos have a tendency to spit out toxic gasses. And. You know. Erupt."

Cantella giggled, "Oh, of course it is, sweetie. They wouldn't let tourists down here otherwise!" The mist-encircled Lucain skipped forward. "Also, this is a primarily a lake of pahoehoe lava, which tends to be low in volatiles that cause both explosive eruption and unsightly suffocation." She looked at him with a fiendish smile.

Odysseus chuckled. "Of course. That's Cantella, always." He looked around. "Speaking of tourists... where is everyone? I feel like this place is awfully empty."

[41, 1]

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

[2][2]

Postby AuroraSky » 04/04/2010 8:05 PM

Seraph carefully observed the badly broken drawbridge that they would have to cross to reach the crater...and boy did it look like a safety hazard, to put it lightly. A little less than half the steps were gone or ripped from there rope suspensions, which were tearing in some parts. Every time she touched it the bridge swayed unnaturally and rather eerily. She wouldn't have to cross this, right? After all...she could die. Then again it couldn't be worse than the hell hole they were in now.

Mog, always the opposite of Seraph, looked rather eager. He had yearned to see the lava and this was a chance he refused to miss out on. Taking a breath (or whatever little monster machines take) Mog gripped the sides of the rope bridge tightly between his claws, braced himself, and started walking. Sure it was long, but he could easily transform and save himself. The girl however, might prove to be a problem. But if she fell, he would just shrug and continue.

Seraph watched her brave and foolish companion as he trudged his way over the bridge and sighed. She would not be upstaged by a fancy toaster! Following him as daintily as she could, Seraph slowly creaked up the rope bridge. Looking up for a distraction she squinted her eyes and saw the faint outlines of two...Lucain?

Mog had followed Seraph's gaze to two Lucain who were chatting and observing the crater. The little gears in his mind started turning as a fun plot started forming in his mind. Could the Gods have thrown a better opportunity to play some nasty tricks? PLUS they were on a volcano! He rushed a bit and a wicked grin spread across his exterior as the very thought tickled him.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/04/2010 11:51 PM

Aha! Now there was someone! Or, more accurately, someones. There was a girl and what looked like a Velix. They seemed to be having some trouble with the bridge... Uh-oh. Odysseus tutted. Cantella and he had just hovered across.

He pointed them out to her. "Say, Elli... Looks like we've got company. They don't look like they're doing too well with the bridge, eh?"

She turned. "Oh..." She shook her head. She lifted her muzzle to shout.

"HELLO OVER THERE!"

She peered off, wondering if they'd heard.

"I COULDN'T HELP NOTICING YOU WERE HAVING SOME TROUBLE!..." Pause, wondering if they'd heard. "...I CAN HELP YOU ACROSS! WOULD YOU LIKE THAT?"

[42, 2]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/05/2010 10:09 AM

Seraph nearly flew off the bridge when some random shouting had started ringing through her ears. Regaining composure she looked towards the top of the bridge to see the two Lucan she had noticed previously, offering help to her and her companion. She gently prodded Mog with her foot and he hissed in reply. Clearly he wasn't happy that the two had started shouting at them.

Mog had been upset, yes, but probably not for the reasons Seraph had assumed. How would he play his little tricks if they had already spotted them? Mog immediately started thinking of how he could make this whole thing work. Maybe a quick disappearance would help? Mog had decided yes. But what about the girl? HA. As if SHE would care for a little bit of fun. Mog quickly scuttled behind Seraph to evade the Lucain's view and started to transform. Mechanical clicks could be heard as Mog transformed into a small, mechanical rodent. He could feel Seraph's glare burning a hole in him, but he took no notice. Once his transformation was complete he shot forward on the rope bridge, hoping the Lucain couldn't see him.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/05/2010 6:40 PM

Everything was quiet. Cantella tilted her head curiously.

"I don't think they heard you, love," Odysseus said helpfully.

Cantella cleared her throat. Deep within her mind, a bit of latent magic churned. She opened her mouth again, and boomed sonorously across the gap.

"HELLO OVER THERE! WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP CROSSING THE BRIDGE?" She noticed with her fairly good eyesight a little blob of something metallic ducking out of site. Maybe it had heard and she'd accidentally scared it?

[43, 3]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/05/2010 7:45 PM

The booming voice caught Seraph completely off guard and when she jumped, a wooden plank from underneath her fell. She gasped as she felt her leg slip through the gap, the other two planks holding it in in an iron grip. Seraph watched as Mog continued to climb the bridge and sighed. Of course he would leave her here, or perhaps he hadn't noticed. Either way, that Lucain had screwd her over. She attempted to twist her leg around, but that only brought a shot up searing pain. She winced and the bridge swayed, threatening to drop her if she fought any longer. "Help." She said in her usual, monotone voice.

Mog had heard her slip, but was not going to give up a good trick for this moody girl. Besides, he was sure the Lucain would get her out, giving him more time to plot. But what could he do? Since they were Lucain, maybe he would just transform into a little tick and give them numerous bites? Yes, that was it! A perfect plan! He scampered towards the top and quickly flew past them in an effort to go by unnoticed. Once he was safely out of site behind a dried up shrub, he preformed a quick transformation to mimic that of a bug. The mechanical tick watched and waited for the action to unfold.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/05/2010 7:56 PM

Panic flooded their faces as the girl began to stumble. "Hang on!" Cantella called down. "I'll get you out of there as quick as I can. Oddie, hon, give me a boost?"

"Of course, love," he said. The Lucain sat down placidly--almost disquietingly so. He wrapped his tails around his feet. White light softly covered his body as he closed his eyes. Swirls of that white mixed with blue, and the mist covering Cantella's body began to light up, too.

With a leap, Cantella hopped out over the bridge. But she didn't fall--she was suspended on a cloud of living mist. They glided her over to the center of the bridge, while Odysseus helped give her the extra power. Cantella whistled, and part of the mist extended out towards the girl. It made both a platform for her to rest on and a pair of grabby hands, ready to pull her on.

"May we pull you on?" Cantella asked. "Don't worry. It's perfectly safe, dear."

[44, 4]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/05/2010 8:08 PM

Seraph watched as the mist danced it's way all over the Lucain's body and sniffed. She hated magic. But she had to admit, if they hadn't had magic then she might now have made it. But then again, might not be such a bad thing. As the female Lucain and her cloud drifted towards Seraph, she winced. She hated flying, and now she would have to. So far these Lucain had brought some of the most disliked things by her and she wasn't really enjoying their company. She female reached out to her and Seraph paused briefly, wondering if she should just break out the other plank and let herself fall. Ah, no. She'd take the help. Seraph slowly reached for the female and braced herself to be pulled from her captor.

Mog was enjoying his self, laughing quietly. He had known Seraph was in no real danger which made the experience more enjoyable. Mog saw the male Lucain sitting their, concentrating, and smiled. Now was his chance. As silently as he could Mog crawled towards the male and with a leap jumped into the Lucain's fur. Surveying around him, Mog found that under here only made it even more hot and uncomfortable. He would have to work quickly. Preparing a nice part of flesh, Mog drew back...and flew into the skin, chomping down as hard as possible.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/05/2010 9:54 PM

"Hold on tight!" Cantella said. Taking the girl up in her mist, Cantella flew back to the bank, carrying the two of them over the bridge. She cooed to the mist, telling them to gently set the girl down. They put her down, pulling back to Cantella.

"You can wake up now," she said to Odysseus. "We're done."

Odysseus opened his eyes, and his glow faded. "What, that easy, was it? Hmm. Well, I guess the bridge wasn't that big of a deal after all. Ma'am, are you alright? You look a bit pale..."

The mist, meanwhile, noticed what Cantella had not. It started to gather and pool just above her shoulders, making loud, chittery noises. It gathered around Mog dewily.

[45, 5]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/05/2010 10:56 PM

Serpah could feel her body tense as it was flown through the humid air, and she shut her eyes tightly to avoid seeing the "grand" view from down below. Oh how she wished this crazy Lucain lady would just set her down! When the mist has finally taken them to the crater Seraph had to do all she could to not kiss the ground. Instead she pushed the female away and stood, blinking nervously for a few moments and then finally settling down. "I'm fine." she muttered coldly. "No thanks to you. Why were you even yelling at us in the first place?" She then jumped as the mist retrieved somethig from off of the male and squinted. "Mog..." She muttered, rippig her companion from the mist.

Mog was furious as the mist had taken him off of his victim and was sort of grateful for Seraph's rescue. In seconds he transformed himself back into his Velix form and glared at the mist. "Mog no like mist." He hissed in his incredibly raspy voice. "Mog defeat mist..."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/06/2010 1:50 PM

Cantella felt the sharp shove. She stared on dully.

"I... You seemed like you were stuck. I just wanted to help you."

Odysseus had the sort of look one reserved for misbehaving children in a preschool. One could almost see the whitish glow collecting over his shoulders.

The mist hissed right back. It gave a sharp, clamorous ringing sound at the Velix. Cantella was too busy being flabbergasted to notice that her spirits were upset.

[46, 6]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/06/2010 3:43 PM

((Since we have the posts, do you wanna start the roleplay with Ashley and Bergamot?))

Seraph had noticed the female's upset look, and even though she didn't care she did feel a little sorry for her. After all, although she was older she seemed more...childish?....than she had known the females at her pen to be. With a little sigh she offered a weak smile, her eyes still dull as ever. "Thanks." She muttered quickly. Ugh, now this female had her thanking her? Maybe she not only had physical powers. Yes that was it, she had tricked her into being nice. As ridiculous as that sounded, that was the response Seraph would stick with. "Who are you anyways? I have only met one magical Lucain in my lifetime, and she's only 16." She said, hoping her feeble attempt of breaking the awkwardness between them would work.

Mog, feeling slightly threatened, transformed himself into the form of a might mechanical Lucain and baring his teeth menacingly. Of course there was little chance that the mist would actually react to this, but Mog wanted to show it that he would show no fear. How dare those little, vile water droplets threaten him?

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/06/2010 5:42 PM

Cantella offered her paw in a friendly manner. It had taken her a second to recover, but she was on top of things now. "My name is Cantella," she said proudly. "And this is my mate, Odysseus."

He nodded his head in lieu of a bow. "Pleasure," he said through gritted teeth. "We're mages, of course. Not too uncommon in Evelon, I should think. We both cast a variety of magic, but Cantella--"

"--I can take care of myself, dear," she said with a smirk. "I specialize in spirits. Mist spirits especially."

And speaking of. They were being challenged, now. They immediately pulled away from Cantella, collecting themselves into the form of an even bulkier Werecain. They hissed with the same sort of dissonant bell sound. Cantella took notice now, especially since their absense made her hot. She looked at them curiously.

"...And I don't think they're getting on very well with your toy. Have you spoken to the manufacturer about that?"

[47, 7]

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 04/06/2010 7:35 PM

Seraph gazed at Cantella's paw for a few moments and then back at her face before hesitantly shaking it. This Lucain seemed very...strange. She kept glancing at Odysseus with a pained face. Something about him seemed off, as if behind his quietness he was hiding some sort of secret. Maybe along the way Seraph would find out? Regardless, she had already decided that she liked the male much better. It was then she too realized the aggression going on beside her. Her eyes flickered nervously as she watched Mog brace himself for attack.

Mog had been preparing to pounce when all of a sudden Cantella made that comment about him being a toy. He glared furiously and in seconds turned himself into a cannon, his head posing as the cannon ball. "TOY?!?!?! MOG IS NO TOY. MOG IS ROBOT. MOG NO TOY! MOG....NO...TOYY!" He screamed furiously, his voice getting raspier as his level of anger rose. His pointed his cannon and was about to fire when Seraph reluctantly jumped in front of him. She gently pulled his head out from the cannon. "Mog...no..." She whispered.

((Since we have our 5 posts, would you like to start with Ashley and Bergamot?))

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items