As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Do you think i did a good job?

Completely!
No votes
Yes.
50%
Maybe.
50%
Not really.
No votes
Talk about terrible.
No votes

Total votes : 4

The War [Self]

Postby doramifa123 » 04/25/2010 3:11 PM

An army of Battlehearts stood before the looming Nori Volcano. They were far away, but they could feel the heat and power coming from the grey giant. They were readying for war.

Farther away, hidden in the shadows, stood the Hollowhearts. They were of mixed rows, not like the neatly arranged Battlehearts. They stood at the ready, hoping for their prize chance to come to defeat their enemy once and for all.

In numbers, the Hollowhearts were greater. But they didn't know of the Battleheart's secret weapon—something the Battlehearts weren't even sure they could trust.

The Battlehearts had raised a weapon so deadly it could easily kill a Hollowheart. They had raised Schla'Gom, the old Battleheart ruler, who had been trapped for centuries and centuries in the Hollowheart's fair domain. Schla'Gom was a very large, extremely old Battleheart. He could make an army out of dirt, if only he had followers.

Tiria, Schla'Gom's strong advisor, was overlooking the supposedly-hidden Hollowheart army. "You, Isaac! Count their numbers snappish!" she hissed at a low ranking Battleheart, quite young and of mild skill. He stumbled out of his hiding place and quickly counted them.
"A score and a half, ma'am!" Isaac called back.
Tiria licked her scaly lips . It was a day for victory. Tiria was a sleek Void Battleheart with a taste for blood. She had been born from a loner pair of two other Battlehearts, her mother and father. They had soon died from mysterious reasons, and she had been left on her own. The army had swiftly picked her up, noticing her intelligence and strength were growing swiftly.

Now was her time to shine. Her time to kill.
Do you really want to test me? -Tiria Deathclaw

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 118
Donate

Re: The War [Self]

Postby doramifa123 » 04/25/2010 4:18 PM

Image Blaze Battleheart

Tiria slapped her tail to the ground. Her red eyes narrowed. "Isaac! Come."
Isaac, who was a Wood Battleheart, rushed over. "Ma'am?"
"You're promoted to my assistant. Now, go check everyone's ranks and stature, make sure they are ready for battle!"
Isaac sprinted off towards the cleverly arranged 'Triangle of Death', as the veterans called it. All of the warriors were lined up in a diamond pattern, so they could stretch farther and look bigger.
Isaac counted them and checked, and checked, and checked again. Not a claw was out of place. They were ready.

Image Void Battleheart

Meanwhile, amid the shadows of the army, Schla'Gom was readying himself. He stretched and twisted, making sure all was ready. He steadied his breathing with old tricks, and soon Schla'Gom was ready.
"Tiria, the Hollowhearts are coming!" a voice called. Schla'Gom recognized it. It was the pestering Isaac, the nuisance who had bothered him before. At least he has his wits about him, the great creature reasoned. He hefted himself up and clawed to the front of the ranks.

Gasps came from the gathered Hollowhearts, and Tiria leered at them.
"You have no hope of winning! Death will come to you!"
What she did not know, as she called this, was that it wouldn't be as soon as she wished.

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby doramifa123 » 04/25/2010 5:24 PM

Image Imperial Hollowheart

Silth heard the gasps ripple among her army and she hissed. The army quieted instantly but they stared helplessly at the huge Battleheart. They knew they would not win.

Silth had been the leader of the army ever since her father, Tarlog, died. He had been a large Imperial Hollowheart, and Silth followed him in the pattern. All through history, the Airswepts had rule dover this small but growing army. The goal they had never changed, but the strategies did. Their goal;destroy all opposing Battlehearts.

Now that dream was soon to be destroyed, but Silth had hope.
"Hey, Ling, start the rank moving, on the double!"
Ling stated to bark out orders and Silth sighed. All they could do was die. With little hope, the army rushed forward and the warriors clashed.

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby doramifa123 » 04/25/2010 5:49 PM

( :P the first battle!)

Complete mayhem broke loose. All around you could hear snarling and hissing, the sound of ripping flesh, the sound of cries and war calls. Later the battle would be known as The Battle of the Lost, for all those who died. From the outside it looked as if it was a fair match. How wrong that assumption would be.

Schla'Gom fought like a wild animal, thrashing, attacking, everywhere at once. Tiria was battling three Hollowhearts, and she was soon overwhelmed. Hearing her cry, Isaac joined her and they won that  fight.

Heads bashed, horns mauled, the fight went on. The volcano stood by, a dark sign for the fighters. Its bubbling contents lapped at the top, threatening to spew over and kill them all.

Soon half of both armies were dead. Silth saw how hopeless going on was, and she screeched, "Retreat, Hollowhearts, retreat!" The Hollowheats ran and the Battlehearts laughed after them, gritting their teeth and taunting them.

The Hollowhearts retreated to their own camp and injuries started to be tended. Weak talk and rumors of the great Battleheart were going around.

"We should've killed Schla'Gom the moment we captured him. I knew he was bad to keep alive!"
Whispers floated around camp and soon they centered on; "We're going to loose."

Silth lost hope then. Her army was giving up? She would have to gather new warriors, fighters, she would have to seek into the deepest corners of wherever, the darkest shadows of nowhere to find what she needed. She needed a warrior equal, or better, than Schla'Gom. Silth decided at that moment, she would do anything, anything to win the war.

(pretty good posting for the first day, huh?)

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby doramifa123 » 04/28/2010 7:28 PM

Image Imperial Hollowheart

"You are dismissed!" The cry that escaped Silth's mouth rang all around the Hollowhearts. They knew they weren't going to come back. They had failed. They would go out into the world and fend for themselves. They were dismissed.
Silth walked in the other direction, towards the long rolling plains. The hot desert. She was going to gather an army. One so mighty it could defeat any Battleheart. She would recruit her old tribe that her grandsire had lived in. They were a non peaceful tribe with a taste for blood. Silth was second in line for the throne, but she knew that with a bit of trickery, she could be in the throne and ruling. Her strong legs thumped across the sand as she ran towards her home. Home.

Hours later, she found herself standing at the wide dark mouth of a grey cave. "It is I, Silth, returning from peril to stand by my tribe!" he voice echoed and rang all around the cave, booming like thunder.
"Silth!" a small, bouncy Common Hollowheart by the name of Jasper came running up. "Queen! Your brother has died!" Silth bowed her head in mock sadness. "It is meant to be. I come when he goes."
"All hail the queen! Queen Silth!" came the roaring response.
Silth nodded her silvery head modestly. "Hush."
"How did he die?"
"A disease."
Silt shook her head. "Horrible. I was at war with evil Battlehearts before I came here. I call upon you, my malicious brethren, to fight against them! To me, my family, to me!"
Cheers rolled over her head and echoed everywhere. It was music to Silth's ears. Now, they were one step closer to winning.

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby doramifa123 » 05/05/2010 4:02 PM

Tiria laughed as she saw Silth's petty force come closer. They huddled below the few burnt trees near the volcano. Tiria counted her own forces; definetely more than the Hollowheart's. Much more. And they had Schla'Gom. Nothing could go wrong with the odds this way.

She was wrong.

Image Blaze Battleheart
doramifa123
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate