As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Getting Stronger...

Postby Akida » 05/06/2010 2:59 AM

Day 1

It's been a while since I've traveled away from the farm freely. I've always had a distance restriction to follow during those times. Even at the zoo I barely left. I received news of being able to go out for as long and as far as I wished. Since I was not one who had traveled so much and knew about many places, I decided to go to whatever caught my eye. This happened to be Nori Volcano.

At night at the zoo, since I was always outside, I always watched the sudden outbursts of the red,yellow, and white lava spewing from the mountain top. It seemed to always have a "rainy" cover around it. Now here I am flying through the skies of Evelon. Ash falling constantly. This area was definitely not made for those who are naturally soft.

My large scaly wings beat against the wind as I landed somewhere near the base of Nori. Great claws settled in the ash that had found rest upon the ground. The spiked tail behind me tested the sturdiness of the ground with a strong downward strike. Thus beginning my journey around and over Nori Volcano.

The void battleheart stretched out her wings once more. Her empty eyes surveyed the terrain. No one was in sight for the moment. She took a few steps forward before saying to herself aloud, "It is most impressive up close than at a distance."

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Wishlist : Breeding : Sale/Trade : Housing
Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 299
Donate

Postby Akida » 05/06/2010 1:42 PM

I've wondered many times before of why this particular place had such a drawing to me. It was as if I were part of this place. I knew it must have had something to do with my fire wielding capabilities. As though to answer her thoughts, the mountain rumbled a little. She, however, thought this was a mere coincidence.

The battleheart continued her rather unplanned path along the base of the volcano. She could feel the heat rising from the ground beneath her. The ash fall had stopped for a brief moment while she wandered onto a path upward. She noted and old tree trunk, bare and gnarled from the torturing of the volcano's extreme environment. This one, although it was dead, managed to avoid the lava flows of times past. She walked up to it, this gnarled veteran. She only stared at the tree long enough for the volcano to rumble again. It was time to move on. She'd decided from now on to only travel during the ash fall. Who knew what lay out there for her?

"Christmas?! I'm starting preparations for the new year celebrations thank you very much!"

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 05/06/2010 9:56 PM

She decided to hike upwards without using her wings. Those guaranteed an easy way up. She didn't wish for anything easy this time around. By using her legs and claws, she figured she could get stronger from this journey. Upward, upward. She felt like she'd been walking for hours when, in fact, she had only been traveling for a half of that time. She looked upward, the falling ash distorting her vision. She could see nothing but gray from where she was standing. She'd have to travel higher if she wanted to see anything other than the immediate area. So she continued her path upward.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Akida » 05/12/2010 8:30 PM

The void battleheart could feel the temperature rising as she got higher. This volcano was not as hard to climb as most thought. Or...so it seemed to her. The mountain rumbled slightly again. She slowed her pace a little as to make her journey a little longer. She wished she had brought someone to accompany her. but that was gone. She continued her silent path toward the mouth of the volcano.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

10 (Level up)

Postby Akida » 05/29/2010 8:27 AM

She'd managed to find an odd cave of sorts. In fact, she almost missed it hadn't it been for some blast of heat behind her. The opening of the cave was facing the sky, tons of lava and eruptions carving it out on the face of the volcano. The battleheart immediately turned toward the opening and descended. The heat had risen even more, but it did not start to faze her. At least, not yet. She could smell the dangerous gasses that floated around within the cave, and made sure she made mental notes of obvious landmarks to lead her out safely.

Akida
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate