As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

"Something's not right..." [C'MON! SOMEONE JOIN ALREADY!]

Postby sectoid12 » 08/11/2010 5:06 PM

Image -Stormguell
Image -Pyrus

Stormguell worryingly stared into the bubbling magma in the volcano's crater. In all his life, he had never seen anything like this... The molten rock was now several stories higher then usual. Not to mention the fact that it had gotten hotter than usual. It was now 6170 °F (That's hot enough to melt Tungsten!), way too hot for either he or his daughter could withstand. This was highly unusual, and Stormguell wanted to know why the volcano was acting this way. If only there was a way to find out...
SoulStar wrote:"My character can fly, never die, kill anyone, get any girl, has laser vision, and do anything. Oh yeah, and he can cook."

And worst of all, he could be in this very comment-box, he could be the top comment, he could be my comment, he could even be - *0 characters remaining*
sectoid12
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 39
Donate

Re: "Something's not right..." [C'MON! SOMEONE JOIN ALREADY!]

Postby Firetra » 08/20/2010 4:17 PM

~::.Feverati.::~

Fev had always been one of the adventurous types. He loved to do all hardcore extreme sports like rockclimbing and Repeling. This day he was going to climb up the famous Nori volcano. He had all of his equipment on and was ready to go. He then started his virtical climb. He had not gone even ten feet before he noticed somting was wrong. This place had suddenty gotten hotter. He had visited this place before when he was younger. He then got to the summit of the volcano. But instead of going back down imeadiately like he planed days before. He took off his helmet and uncliped from the harness. He then got closer to the center of the volcano. By now it had grown so hot he could hardly stand it. He looked down and saw that the lava was extreamly high up. He then glanced up and saw that there was Someone on the other side of the of the volcano. He quickly ran across to talk to him. " Hello, Do you think that there is somting wrong with this volcano right now?  I know it was a bit active, but it hasn't gone off in a long time! This also looks like it is not natural."

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2631
Donate

Postby Undeadness » 08/27/2010 8:56 PM

Image - Sephitroth

Sephitroth chuckled evilly and stretched his wings. Hmmm....Yes, the plan is going perfectly. he said. The lava is almost high enough for me to arise, again, and strike fear into the very virtual hearts of all creatures. Sephitroth blew smoke out of his nostrils and settled back into the heart of the volcano, so push the lava up further. He dove down further into the lava, humming to himself as he went. He was in a good mood, for, soon, he would arise, again, as a legend, and wipe the world of all creatures. And he was sure nothing could stop him. Century after century he has waited for the lava to be this close. A smile flashed across his face and he snorted again, sending the lava this much closer to the top, because of his hot breath. Dragons are known for that, you know. His talons dug into the side of the volcano, pushing himself deeper. He laughed, sending a small tremor through the volcano and the lands around him. He reached the bottom of the volcano and settled in for a nap. Soon, he whispered to himself, Soon.
--------
Oh, I so DO LOVE being the bad guy. ^^
Make Me HAPPY and I Shall Eat Your Brain. If I'm in a bad mood, I might do it ANYWAYS. But Don't Worry. People Say It Only Hurts For A Few Seconds. ^^

LONG LIVE THE UNDEAD!

*shrugs* It had to be said.
Iwastotallykiddingabouttheeatingofthebrainsthing,btw.

Clickers plz? I won't eat brain in exchange for clickies! ^^

Undeadness
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 109
Donate

Postby Firetra » 08/28/2010 9:22 PM

Fev soon had gotten to see what the problem was. when he was looking down he had seen a tail flick and knew exactly wjos it belonged to. Sephithroth. He then chanted some word and dove down into the abyss. The words he had said was a ancient speel that resisted lave/fire. to bad it didn't surpress it. It was still hot even with the spell and he soon got to the bottom. He then saw Seph. He qucickly chanted a spell that made a small bubble that wouldn't pop under pressure and heat. After that he said an ice spell that made millions of shards of ice in midair. He then crossed his arms in a downward motion and the ice shards hit Seph. " HEY SLEEPY HEAD WAKE UP!" he then flung more shards at him.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Undeadness » 08/29/2010 11:48 PM

Sephitroth blinked a few times, still not accustomed to the light. He saw a creature standing in front of him, with a glow around them. He smiled.
Oh, I suppose this was an attempt to stop me? Too late, my little friend! Sephitroth stretched his wings, and looked the creature in the eye, I've been working on this project for so long, the volcano will erupt ANYWAYS. Steam has been building up for centuries, and you think just enclosing me in this FANCY-SCHMANCY bubble will stop this? No, my friend, it won't. You're doomed to die. Sephitroth snorted. Besides, this bubble will pop when I'm thrown out of the volcano. And then I can slaughter everybody. So 'till then, I rest. And grow hungry. You better run, fiend, for when I awake and am released, I will be hungry. I've been waiting HUNDREDS OF YEARS! Sephitroth bared his fangs at Fev, and curled up in a ball, like a dog. He opened an eye at Fev. Don't judge me. I can sleep how I feel like. I'm still going to kill you. And he dozed off ~
Make Me HAPPY and I Shall Eat Your Brain. If I'm in a bad mood, I might do it ANYWAYS. But Don't Worry. People Say It Only Hurts For A Few Seconds. ^^

LONG LIVE THE UNDEAD!

Undeadness
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Firetra » 09/05/2010 12:45 PM

"oh no you wont." he then chanted a long line of spells. Soon the lava above them began to cool. He had also made some lines of spells that were encaseing Seph. He was destroying evil. All in a days work.

And Immortality

- Emily Dickinson

Firetra
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Undeadness » 09/06/2010 8:12 PM

You know, you mortals are REALLY annoying. No wonder every immortal person wants to kill you. Seph said, irritably tapping a claw. Oh, and do you EVER pay attention when you were told horrible stories at bedtime? Especially about me! I mean, really. I'm THOUSANDS of years old, and you think your fancy-schmancy bubble can keep me trapped in? Sheesh, how many times has THIS been tried and failed! Sephitroth laughed. Let me SHOW YOU how awesome I am! Seph leaped out of the bubble, without so much as a blink. So, now, puny mortal, you were SAYING? Sephitroth gave one of his best smiles, showing all of his pointy, razor sharp, teeth.

LONG LIVE THE UNDEAD!

Undeadness
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 09/27/2010 7:53 PM

Two figures emerge, both glowing slightly, over the ridge. Both disappear as quickly as they came.
Mooch (male)
Image Voltage Fellox

Cyber (male)
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 10/22/2010 7:36 PM

"I don`t know were to go." Snapped Cyber. he was at the end of his patience. "We have been wandering for days and nothing." "Just a little farther." Presses Mooch. "We will find something." "I don`t think you know what you are talking about, Mooch." "But, alright." "A little farther, that is all."
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 10/27/2010 6:04 PM

I was not easy. Leaving home? To discover new things? HARD. He was glad he had Cyber, though. I was much easier. Though he missed Mocha. She was his other best friend. She understood him. "Why was I picked for this?" he thought.
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 10/27/2010 6:46 PM

Volta sighed. She missed Cyber. At least she had Mocha to talk to. Mocha was a soft spoken wood rexxal, and his other best friend. Besides Mooch, of course. She and Cyber were very close, and was sad when he left. He seemed sad as well, at the time. Oh why, WHY did she miss him so?
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 10/29/2010 5:50 PM

At home it was quiet. No one moved. They were fast asleep, all in the camp. However, the two who were out were not asleep. they were very much awake tonight.
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 10/31/2010 8:26 AM

Volta got up, to wake Mocha. She padded over to the edge of camp, to where Mocha`s shelter was. "Mocha?" she asked, trying to wake her. "Hmmm?" mumbled Mocha, stretching out. "What do you want?" She asked sleeply. "You do know it`s the middle of the night." "I know" said Volta. "But we must find them!"
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby evinrude6113 » 11/08/2010 10:10 AM

"Lets find a place to sleep" said Cyber, and Mooch nodded. "We need rest, before we go on" He found a large bush, and he shoved some leaves under it. "This will do for now" Mooch curled up, with Cyber beside him. "Goodnight, Cyber" said Mooch.
evinrude6113
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate