As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Postby Becca » 11/28/2007 4:57 PM

"I came here to escape the chaos at home as well." said Arma. His tails flicked around, showing his excitement at being outside. "You can't move for people in the kitchen at mealtimes."

That was why he woke up early. Becca made breakfast early for the pets that trained during the day. He licked his lips at the memory of the crispy bacon and eggs he had eaten that morning.

Summon the djinni with your mystic pentacle,
he appears in guises most fanciful.
Tread with caution of his deceitful ways,
lest this be your last of days.
Give him his charge and send him on his way,
before his tricks lead you into disarray...

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 477
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/28/2007 5:15 PM

Zhei's eyes rolled.  Yes.  Kai forbid that anyone is allowed to sleep in.  Not that I'd really ever want to, but still.  Breakfast means noise..lots and lots and LOTS of noise.  She grinned, nonetheless.  Noise usually means fun, though, or something interesting, at the very least.  I can't stand it when nothing's going on.  The little Arkuhna had quite a delicate balance; if everyone was yelling and screaming, she'd go insane.  If nobody was screaming and yelling, she was sure everyone else had gone insane.

What's your favourite color? she asked suddenly, her ears perked towards Arma.  Not normally something she would have asked.  Briefly, she wondered why she was interested in such a trivial tidbit.  For whatever reason, she was curious, and listened intently to whatever answer would come.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/15/2007 5:46 PM

"Ummm.... Black I suppose, like Becca, my owner." he said, clambering up a rock in the way. "What about you?" he asked, tilting his head and looking at her with interest. Being an Arkuhna, she probably had one.

((Sorry about the wait, I was grounded...XP))

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 12/17/2007 8:58 AM

[[ Haha, s'ok.  I'm grounded right now, so I'll probably be a few days slow to post. ]]

Teal.  Without a doubt.  Her face adopted a wistful, longing expression.  Like the sea.  I spent a lot of time at sea.  Teal lets me relive those days.

[[ And, yeah, museless. X3; ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/17/2007 9:11 AM

((I know! I hate it when my muse runs away! X3))

Arma looked sidelong at her. "You like the sea?" he asked. He had only been once, but had enjoyed the experience. In fact, he was looking foreward to going again.

((and my muse has died as well... X3))

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 12/17/2007 9:26 AM

Zhei nodded, careful to put her paws in stable footholes.  The path seemed to be steepening a bit.  I was at sea for a long time.  It's how I got here, to Evelon.  Stowed away on cargo ships.  She made a face.  Ship rats don't taste very good.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 12/30/2007 7:09 PM

"I imagine they don't!" said Arma. He laughed a little, not at Zhei, but at the thought. "I was born in Evelon, and came to my current owner as a gift from her friend. She is very kind..." he was silent for a moment. "So what do you like to do?" asked Arma, for a lack of what else to say.

((Sorry about the huge wait. I was grounded for a while and I just now remembered about this. X.))

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/02/2008 12:49 AM

[[ Don't worry about it.  I'll probably be a bit slow to reply, too--I've been on a massive dry spell for the past week or so.  Writer's block like mad. ]]

What do I like to do?  Zhei had to actually ponder the question a moment.  She was usually so wrapped up in tales of her past that she didn't bother doing much in the present.  Uhm...I like to imagine I'm still on board that ship.  I like to pretend, to close my eyes and go back in time.  I like to pretend that chapter of my life isn't over.  I like to remember.  Her spirits fell at the very real possibility that Arma, a Kuhna who obviously lived very much in the present, might view her remembrance as boring.  She fervently hoped not.  Though she couldn't pin why or how, what the Kamo thought mattered to her.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 01/03/2008 7:21 PM

Armageddon thought about what she had said. "That sounds like fun." he said. "I like to pretend that I'm on some huge adventure sometimes, and that I'm the strongest kuhna in the Lands." he added. Being somewhat of a child at heart, Arma found Zhei's pastime completely normal. He smiled and clambered over the next rock in the way. "Okay, what about books? Do you like to read?" he asked.

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/13/2008 11:05 PM

Zhei sighed happily.  Haven't done much of that lately, but yes, I love to read.  Fantasies and pirates, epic battles and explicit romance.  She couldn't help but smile.  Books help me pretend.  I love losing myself in the stories.  She closed her eyes and took a few steps, just to revel.  How much longer until we reach the top of the mountain, do you think?  Being used to traveling, this trek wasn't hurting her paws at all, but she was afraid the rather rugged path might be wearing down her companion.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 01/19/2008 5:22 PM

Arma was fine though. His Kamo instincts encouraged to train regularly. He lept nimbly from boulder to boulder, never missing a step. "Romance huh? My owner reads alot of that." he said. "Especially since some guy named Micah came along." he added. He had a hunch that Micah was more than just a friend, but who could tell with humans? "I think we'll get there in maybe half an hour. It doesn't look too terribly far..."

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/31/2008 2:10 AM

"Half an hour sounds about right," Zhei said, glancing up the volcano.  Bad idea.

Having taken her eyes from the path she was walking on, she'd accidently placed a forepaw into a pothole.  The sudden imbalance sent her teetering to the side, directly into the Kamo she was in stride with.  "Eep!" she said as she stumbled into him, biting back a giggle.  What a klutz she was turning out to be today.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Becca » 02/05/2008 4:51 PM

Arma blushed slightly as Zhei bumped into him. It was the first time he had come into contact with a female other than the one's that he lived with. "Uh... Be careful not to trip..." he mumbled. Her giggle had struck some cord in his thoughs, and he was feeling a bit odd..

Bartimaeus

Becca
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous