As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Feels Like Home [Open]

Postby Sanjikuu » 05/31/2011 11:48 PM

Vesuvius

The billowing volcanic vents made for magnificent flying, a fact not lost to the spirit who winged his way over the bubbling pit of lava. Thoughtful eyes gazed into the red-hot mass below him, searching the molten rock for answers he himself did not know the question to. A ledge is sighted, feathers adjusted, the Yonyuu sweeping forward and down to a thin shelf on the wall of the caldera. The heat here is intense, but Vesuvius pays it no mind. Brother, he sighs, hardly audible over the hiss of the thermal winds, you are magnificent. A fine specimen indeed. They were right in telling me to visit you.
And all you do, and all you say
Washes away, away with the rain.
And all you thought would never change
Washes away, it'll never be the same.
'Cause all I see and
All I feel takes me away, takes me away.
And all you do and all you say
Washes away, away with the rain.
And all you thought I'll never change
Washes away, It'll never be the same.
How could I have known?
How could I have changed?
I'll never be the same.

lyrics by saosin

Image . Image . Image . Image
Sanjikuu
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 23
Donate

Re: Feels Like Home [Open]

Postby [P]olaroid. » 06/07/2011 3:10 PM

A hot wind billowed past, scattering rocks and debris towards the hunched Leawolf. Ptolemy quickly scampered past the shower of ash and pebbles, dashing quietly on his small paws. It was much warmer up here than he thought it would be. He was an adept climber, at least, and could navigate up the steep volcano slope faster than many other creatures. In half an hour he settled himself on a ledge jutting from the side of the volcano and sighed as he examined his once golden pelt, now streaked with soot. "Oh dear," he murmured, licking his coat furiously in a futile attempt to clean himself off. After deciding that the only remedy for a grimy coat was to take a swim in a lake, he turned his attention back towards the rumbling volcano. As he stared, he saw something faint in the distance. Further intrigued, he continued his rapid ascent, finally settling near a Yonyuu. Smiling broadly, Ptolemy chirped, "Rather nice day, innit?" He looked back at the volcano, avoiding a spray of embers that burst from the volcano's gaping jaws. "Who're you talking, to?"
I . A M . B E C O M E . D E A T H . D E S T R O Y E R . O F . W O R L D S
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ZOO PEN || ART SHOPPE

[P]olaroid.
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 403
Donate