As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

An Unusual Meeting [Private]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/01/2007 11:00 PM

[center]Image

The Candle Lubshi -- or should we say, Shinzo -- had just brightly evolved into a majestic new pet. A pitch-black pelt with glowing firey-stripes, along with grand, majestic wing-feathers. He was hovering around Nori in search of food, for he had been hungry for quite some time now. Being a bigger pet meant having a bigger stomach.

Tiamack settled down by a big, melting rock. The delicious and warm odor coming from it made his scent glands water with appetite. He sat down in front of the rock, pulling a part off of it. He then took a big mouthful, chewing the rock with glee. He hoped no one would happen to be passing by. He kind of disliked the company of others...

[Tia: 1]

[[Draiz and Shrewdberry only. ^O^]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/02/2007 1:34 AM

It made no sense at all, him being in this horribly hot place... He enjoyed the feeling of snow being mashed under his feet, the feeling of small snowflakes falling onto his back. It was nothing at all like that here. Instead one was lucky if they didn't step on a crack and land in a hidden pocket of lava. So why was he here?

Inari could quite place it.... But it felt as though there was something there. Adventure? Something different? "What am I thinking about...?" he muttered to himself, sounding agitated. "Being in that crowded house is probably just driving me insane..." His tails flicked back and forth behind him, the chains around his ankles making quite the racket as he walked. He was close by the Candle Shinzo, so he could probably be heard.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/02/2007 1:46 AM

While peacefully munching on his meal, the Shinzo heard subtle movements coming from nearby. His ear-feathers pricked up, flicking lightly in alarm. "Probably... just some falling rocks," he mumbled to himself, taking another, smaller mouthful of melting rock. Again, he heard movement and looked over his shoulder, the clicking and chilling noises from the unknown pet's chains scaring him so deeply even his soul had been shaken up -- he had always been a bit jumpy, the poor boy.

As his gaze locked with the person of the Glacial Fellox, he let out a piercing shriek of both surprise and fear. Tia quickly ran off to hide behind the biggest rock he could find, curling up behind it to give himself a feeling of protection.

[Tia: 2]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/02/2007 2:19 AM

His plush ears swiveled around, hearing the piercing cry of the Shinzo as it hid behind a rock. It was like an alarm going off in his mind. It was like a predator hearing its prey cry out in fear and surprise upon being pounced upon. Underneath his slate mask, a canine grain spread across his maw. The sound of the chains clinking stopped, obviously his body not moving another step. So there were other creatures in this forsaken place.

Moments later a blue and black blur flew over the top of the rock, landing a yard or so away and swirling around. His green eyes fell apon the other creature. "A Shinzo.. Figures it'd be a candle one." Oh yes. He knew what these things were. Infact, there were two of them in his house. "What's a little guy like you doing all alone?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/02/2007 2:29 AM

Tiamack relazed slightly as the sounds coming from the metallic chains stopped. Maybe the Fellox had decided to turn back and to go elsewhere. He breathed a sigh of relief, but his theory was far from being right; indeed, the Glacial pet hadn't turned tails at all. He shrieked again as the Fellox stepped on top of the rock, the Shinzo's feeling of security now completely gone. "I-I..." he started stuttering, his whole body shaking with fear. "Pl-please don't hurt me," he begged, covering his head with his forepaws, his ear-feathers lowered against the back of his pitch-black head. He had heard Felloxes could be quite dangerous; he didn't feel like falling prey to this one, but his body wouldn't allow him to run for it.... What would happen to him now?

[Tia: 3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/02/2007 8:06 AM

By now he was in the position of a house dog that was playing with another dog, hind in the air with his upper body crouched low. It was a playful position, often used to tell of a mood of wishing to be chased. This time it was just his curious nature showing though. Hurt the Shinzo? Naw. He wasn't that much of a roughian. After all, if he killed this creature, who else would there be to entertain him?

A laugh came forth from Inari, seeing the poor little creature's dismay. "Just because I'm big I'm gonna attack you, you believe? The worlds not always like that." A small smirk now spread across his maw, hidden beneath his mask of course. "Unless you want someone to kill you. I could always arrange that."
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/02/2007 2:10 PM

Tia would sometimes glance up at Inari, his whole body still shaking. He could see the Fellox was in some sort of hunting position: the haunches in the air and the upper part of his body crouched against the rock. Obviously, the Glacial hunter was ready to leap at anything that would come by his piercing sight; the Candle Shinzo most likely included in that group of prey.

His whole body got covered in goose bumps as the Fellox laughed. Upon Inari's call, he slowly looked up. "I-I.... he-heard Felloxes were.... f-frightening hunters..." he managed to stutter, slowly trying to back away while speaking. If he could get away from the other pet, maybe he could be able to run for it.

Tiamack shrieked at Inari's last statement. "N-no! I-I don't want to be killed!" he desperately answered, his voice literally begging for his life.

[Tia: 4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/02/2007 4:47 PM

He smoothly stepped down from the rock, moving so he was directly infront of the Candle Shinzo now. "Just because I'm a hunter doesn't mean that I eat lizards." First he classified Gyrraptors as chickens due to their feathers, and now he called the Shinzo a lizard. He really wasn't all that bright sometimes it seemed.. Either that or he classified things as certain types of things.

"I prefer the feathered creatures, although it is quite a bit of work getting all the feathers out of the way." As the other stepped back, Inari stepped forward. There was a part of him that would still seem like a playful puppy to other canines, but to such a small being as Tia he probably just seemed intimidating.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/02/2007 5:57 PM

A lizard. Tiamack supposed that his appearance could classifying him into this category of being, his skin having no fur or feathers. "I-I heard lizards weren't so tasty, anyway..." he told Inari, stepping away from him even more now that the Fellox was in front of him. His bigger size was so intimating right now that the Candle Shinzo thought he was going to have a heart attack.

Tia remained silent at the response of the Fellox. This tiny bit of information that the canine had given him surprised him. Why? Maybe he wasn't interested in eating the scared Shinzo in the end. "I... prefer hot rocks," he replied, shifting his eyes from side to side, avoiding eye-contact. His response probably seemed odd to Inari, though.

[Tia: 5 -- level up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/03/2007 10:35 PM

"You're right. They really aren't tasty at all." His ear gave a small flick at the last word of the Shinzo. He burst out laughing and then lightly shook his head. "Wow... Never heard of any actual living creature eating rocks." Obviously he hadn't spent too much time with the two candle Shinzo at home. One may have acted childish like a lubshi still, but both of them showed their love for hot rocks.

"What's a little guy like you doing out here all alone though? Kinda risky, no?" He still hadn't given up his stalking position, although it made him look rather unfriendly. His tone of voice had mellowed out a bit, not so harsh now. He definitely wasn't going to make a meal out of Tiamack.
(5)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/05/2007 6:26 PM

Tiamack flickered one his ear-feathers, not exactly insulted nor irritated, but surprised by the Fellox's reaction and reply. "Our, um... metabolism can endure them, I guess," he replied, swishing his tail to try and show he was a bit more comfortable. He was still pretty nervous about Inari, considering he wouldn't let go of his hunting stance, and that made Tia stressful.

"U-um... I was hungry, s-so..." Since his home wasn't near any good melting rocks in the first place, he needed to go out so he could come here to eat a good meal. Truly, every time he had come here, no one had showed up. More to it, Inari was a guy. Not that he was interested in them, but... he found the Fellox to be somewhat attractive.

... Wait, what?

[Tia: 6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/08/2007 3:38 PM

The fellox's position finally relaxed as he let his back half come down to rest on the ground as well. His eyes still had a bit of a puppyish look of wanting to play, but at least he didn't look like he was going to attack the Shinzo now. "Pretty weird lizards if ya ask me. I've never seen anything else sit around and munch on rocks." His flaming tails flicked back and forth slowly behind him now. He was calming down a good bit.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/08/2007 6:56 PM

Tiamack watched as the Fellox relaxed, setting his haunches down onto the ground. Inari seemed to have let go of his hunter's position, which made Tia relax as well. He let go of his crouched position, one that was often taken when someone found itself in a dangerous situation. He became a bit more open with his movements, although he still didn't feel completely comfortable with the Fellox.

He grumbled lightly at Inari's remark. "We-well... we can do other things," he retorted, flicking his tail. "We can... play... swim... um, er... read..." He enumerated a few things that basically anyone would do. "We just like a different sort of food, you know..." he said, his tone getting higher.

[Tia: 7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/09/2007 4:01 PM

Swim? He didn't very much like swimming. It got his flames wet... Food? Yeah, they definitely did like a different sort of food. Munching on rocks... it was insane. Inari let one forepaw cross over the other, flaming tails lashing back and forth slowly behind him.

He just watched the little Shinzo, as if studying him. Inari made no noise for some time... It was like he was rather puzzled about this creature. "Do you eat anything else at all...?" he finally spoke, his words slowly drawing from his lips
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/09/2007 6:41 PM

Tiamack tilted his head as Inari seemed to be observing him. Although he didn't quite move, the silence was tearing him apart. What was the Fellox going to do? Was he going to jump on him while he thought Inari had let his guard down? He couldn't tell anything at all, and this made him uncomfortable; very uncomfortable.

He was relieved when Inari finally said something, but he wasn't quite capable of finding an answer to the Glacial pet's question. "Um... Fish, sometimes... Insects if we can find them..." He told the furry just about anything; he didn't even know whether he could eat those things or not, for he had never tried them.

[Tia: 8]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next