As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Snake on a Volcano ((Closed))

Postby Yomegami » 12/23/2007 1:56 PM

Python

A blast of smoke issued from a fissure on the ground, emitting a loud hiss. It was a loud hiss, effectively concealing the sound of a large body moving along the ground.

When it cleared, a common Carpetfang was seen where there had been nothing.

Python, with a look of detirmination in his face and his head tilted down, slithered on past the crack without even looking at it. His reason here was not to view the natural wonders of the Nori Volcano. It was to toughen up.

He wanted to become a ferocious battler, and no other area would do. This was the harshest spot on Lambastia, and it would be perfect for his means.

Casting his gaze at the crest of the Volcano, he let loose a hiss of challenge before continuing onwards.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4526
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 12/23/2007 7:46 PM

Python continued on with his quest to scale the Volcano, paying no heed to the uncomfortably hot air or the smoke.

To him, preparing himself was all that mattered. He had heard tell of many great fighters who had trained themselves here.

And yet, what purpose did a Carpetfang have training for battles he would probably not fight? The War between the Imperials and the Purines had been underway before he had gotten here, and he had missed out.

The thought brought a snarl to his face, and he pushed himself harder. By god, he was going to harden himself-no matter what!
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 12/27/2007 2:17 AM

Python looked up at the top of the volcano, now that he was at its base. It was much larger than it had looked from far away.

Not only that, it was hotter too-uncomfortably. This was most likely because there was a lava river flowing next to the spot where the Carpetfang was sitting.

I ain't giving up now. he thought, and with that he began a trek to reach the top, the goal.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 12/30/2007 5:35 AM

((The RP is now open, if anyone would like to join...))

The... heat...

The heat of the volcano was beginning to get to Python. It made his skin feel as it was burning up, and his stomach was churning. Another few minutes on this thing, and he was going to hurl.

You wanted to come here, there's no point in stopping now...

This thought was enough to keep him moving, although it seemed as if nothing kept him going except the will to continue.
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Yomegami » 12/31/2007 4:05 AM

After what felt like an hour, but was really 15 more minutes, Python was ready to give up.

The heat was unbearable. If he didn't get out of here soon, he was going to regurgitate. Perhaps when he was more experienced, he could come back for another try later. This time, there was nothing in it for him.

He gazed at the top, and made a vow to reach it one day. Then the Carpetfang turned around and slid down the volcano, ready to return home.

((RP is now closed.))
Yomegami
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate