As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Mother Nature Isn't Happy! (P: Me + Zap + Indigo)

Postby Freezair » 06/30/2015 3:34 AM

"Good to know we're all on the same page, then! NOW. The caves await!"

As they descended the mountainside, a rock wall rose up to meet them--an opposing mountainside. Cracks and veins ran through the rock above, and moss and lichen clung to the rocks. It almost seemed like a rockfall waiting to happen, and walking under it should have been frightening. But Agni waltzed beneath it with no fear, and lead them towards a slim fissure in the stone.

Avani blew out of her mouth, and as she did so, she seemed to deflate. The giant Paragon shrunk, slowly; the pillars of glowing lava on her back shrunk into her skin, and the raging flame on her tail waned. Her horns grew smaller and smaller until she was once again a tiny salamander with only her mane of golden hair to give her away.

The air wafting out of the hole smelled warm and humid. "Anyone want to turn back? This is your last chance to leave! But I promise you, you walk in that cave, you walk out... A HERO!"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Re: Mother Nature Isn't Happy! (P: Me + Zap + Indigo)

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/01/2015 5:17 PM

Arano was about to open his mouth, to counter Kendra's statement--oh yes, cold would be good for her, but it would just leave Arano in dire straights. Well--he would deal with it, he supposed, as they came upon a great wall of rock that seemed to tower high and higher the closer they got to it. Arano glanced at Kendra, then puffed himself up and followed Agni, ignoring the precarious rocks above as best he could. As they came up to the fissure, Arano stared at it, then looked up--oh. Where was Agni?

His eyes traveled down until they caught up with her shrinking form, and he stared, a little bewildered. He wondered which of the two was her true form... Arano stuck his nose to the hole and sniffed, snorting at the damp air and glancing at the others. "Mm. I don't run--don't turn back. I am ready," he stated, and before he could convince himself otherwise he stepped into the cave.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[11]

Postby Indigo » 10/13/2015 8:29 PM

A hero. There was a thought. A tad optimistic, perhaps, but still appealing; it wouldn't give her power of the kind she usually dreamed of, but it would be something, a way to garner respect she might be able to use to find better training. Or at least to stop being treated like the weakest, getting nothing but grunt work and pity from her fellow pupils.

The humidity wafting out of the hole gave her pause, but not for long. It couldn't be too much worse than this forest, and if there were cold patches she could endure. Not ideal, but worth it for a chance at changing the course of her life--and preventing some kind of magical disaster, of course. She stepped through the fissure.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Previous