As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Mother Nature Isn't Happy! (P: Me + Zap + Indigo)

Postby Freezair » 02/13/2015 5:10 PM

"That's the spirit, Kendra!" Agni swung her arms dramatically. "We'll be setting things right in no time if we keep up that attitude!"

Agni drifted down to the forest floor, and looked pensive. "Hmm. But how to track down dark magic? Well, we know we're looking for it now. We can look more closely at the things we know about the magic we're familiar with... Ahh! I have an idea! Everyone, follow me!"

Agni lifted off, and motored through the air as if she were a flying disc. She zoomed around trees and over boulders, flying right alongside a well-worn path through the trees. At the very least, she went a way it would be easy for her larger and non-flying companions to follow. Up ahead, a veil of steam rose through the trees, and a mineral scent filled the air.

She was back at her hot springs.

"I know these hot springs SUPER well. They aren't going bad on me yet, but hopefully that means if any bad magic HAS gotten into them, I'll know it!"

She sunk towards the surface of the water, and skimmed over it like a dragonfly. "We should all look into the magic around here. It still seems safe here, so if there's anything dark, we should be able to see it REALLY easily 'cuz it'll stick out! I always knew this was my favorite place for a reason!"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/14/2015 1:50 PM

[So sorry for sudden disappearance! Muse came back ;D;]

Arano blinked as Agni suddenly sped off, and he shifted his eyes towards Kendra before glancing back at Agni. He shifted on his paws, as if wanting to ask something to the Draculi, then thought better of it and got to his feet. "Walk fast. Or fall behind," he added, glancing pointedly at Kendra, then sped off in the direction of Agni, trying not to feel too guilty about it.

When he finally reached the hot springs he was a little bit winded, and sat down, chest expanding and deflating with breath as he stared at the small lizard-like animal in the pool. "My power is... lessened," he murmured, pawing at his own chest in thought, a kind of anxious look on his face. "But... you are correct. This place seems untouched."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[6]

Postby Indigo » 03/23/2015 7:25 PM

[I left this way longer than I meant to. No sense of time at all.]
She snorted, and followed. Now that she wasn't surveying her surroundings for disturbances she could move at a decent speed, though it did mean she had to drop the aura of cold that made the place bearable. But she supposed a little discomfort was a small price to pay, under the circumstances.

The hot springs were less tolerable, however. She drew the chill up around her again, doing her best to keep it away from the water itself, though for a brief moment patches of ice formed on the edge of the pool. Hopefully no one had noticed that.

"When you say anything dark..." She trailed off, and nodded. Surely she'd know whatever she was looking for when she saw it.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/24/2015 4:16 PM

"Stand back, everyone," Agni said. "I don't accidentally wanna squish anybody!"

For a moment, the tiny, fiery lizard closed her eyes. She looked curiously sedate and serene, and the fluff of hair on her head framed her long face like something out of an elegant piece of classical art... if the young women in elegant, classical art had been lizards. Her throat hummed, and her entire body seemed to thrum. Then she was engulfed in light. And that light began to grow.

Agni's body expanded outward and upward from the water, with the top of the cloud scraping up against the tree branches. The cloud around her began to flicker and dissipate, and the light scattered free from her form. Suddenly, she was big. Suddenly, she was imposing. Her head stood nearly twenty feet tall, and her body snaked out and coiled around, down to her thin tail with the brilliant flames burning at the tip. But the flames hurt nothing, and her claws sunk deep into the bubbly waters around her. Golden hair like flame fell away from her long, kind, and almost equine face, and deep, rocky vents spouted from her back, each almost seeming like it was about to spew lava itself.

Suddenly, her eyes flung open. Agni had felt something, deep in the water.

"Oh!"

She looked down at her two companions--Kendra seemed a little frightened for some reason, but it didn't immediately register to Agni why. "The water here is clean. But the place that feeds it... something IS bad there! There's a cave deep underground right next to the aquafier that feeds this spring. And in that cave... I think there's something bad! I think we should go investigate it. Who's with me?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/25/2015 11:13 PM

Arano had shrank slightly in fear as Agni suddenly grew to well a hundred times her previous size, his heart thumping wildly in his chest. Oh, she was definitely a powerful being. Suddenly adopting an air of submissiveness, Arano dipped his head, ears flattening nervously. A powerful fire being... he needed to comply with her, or it could mean trouble for him. Even so, she didn't seem dangerous, but... but appearances could very much be deceiving.

Arano glanced at Kendra, then back up at Agni with wide blue eyes, before relaxing marginally. "Cave? We find cave with you?" he asked, squinting slightly to try to see her head properly, as far away as it was now. "If it means progress, I help... I will help," he finally finished, nodding his head up and down and taking a few steps away from Agni's form.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[7]

Postby Indigo » 03/29/2015 3:41 PM

Kendra stumbled backward a few steps, drawing her wings close to her body. Maybe she shouldn't be so surprised, but...well, it was a good thing they were on the same side. "L-lead the way," she mumbled. At least a cave would most likely be cooler than this place; her little ice cloud, while effective, was a bit of an energy drain. And if they encountered something unsavory, which they very well might, she wanted to have full access to what limited power she had.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 03/30/2015 1:56 AM

((Hey. I just wanted to let you guys know, you should feel free to influence the plot of this any way you like! You can introduce characters or directions for stuff to go in, too! I have ideas, but I want us all to participate 'n' stuff. :D))

"Thanks for helping, everyone!" A bright smile broke out across Agni's face. Despite her new, immense size and titanic aura of power, she was still an incredibly chipper and carefree spirit. But with her larger size, that might actually be more dangerous--if a dancing mood struck her, imagine how many things she could knock over with her tail!

"We need to go this way," Agni said, climing out of the water. She looked down the side of the mountain, towards one of the valleys where the calmer mountains met with the volcanoes. "The place we need to get into, I call the Crystal Cave. I bet you can guess why! Mmm-hm! There are lots of pretty rock crystals in there. It's a funny place, though. It's super cold in some areas, but really warm in others 'cuz of how close the lava chambers are! But don't worry. It's safe down there! Or at least, it was, before things started getting weird. So I think we should all prepare ourselves. Do all of us know how to fight or use magic? There's no telling what we might encounter..."

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/30/2015 2:05 PM

[Kk! Right now I'm totally happy following you haha~ Agni is a delight. xD]

Arano yelped as Agni stepped out of the water, ducking as a few droplets of hot water flicked towards him. He glanced at Kendra, then at Agni, and cleared his throat, straightening up and puffing out his chest slightly in a pitifully transparent display of recovering himself. He was thankful, at least, for his fur in this form. It hid the blush of embarrassment on his face. Arano glanced where Agni was looking, eyes flickering as he stared down at the valleys stretching onward. Super hot sounded like fun to Agni, and he supposed super cold probably sounded like fun to Kendra. But there were no trees in caves. Feeling a little more than uncomfortable, Arano sniffed slightly, tails flicking. "Of course, I fight. I am skilled fighter," he said, frowning in indignance to cover up the fact that no trees meant no fighting power. But how scary could a cave be?

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[8]

Postby Indigo » 04/02/2015 11:35 AM

A few patches of Kendra's cold aura briefly erupted into steam as a few stray drops of hot water flew toward her, which fortunately prevented any from actually reaching her. "Yes, I can fight." Ice was not exactly an element, if it could be called that, with a lot of offensive power, but she'd used it to her advantage before. Even if she wasn't strong enough to actually stop something they ran into--and she might well not be, given the scale of the powers involved--she could at least slow it down a little.

And...she might be able to call for backup. Mayluck probably wouldn't be much good in a cave, and Kendra didn't particularly want to deal with her anyway, but Symphony might be of help in a pinch. And most likely wouldn't mind getting involved in this, not to mention having abilities more on a level with these two. Not that she was anything like a nature spirit, but she'd be more effective than Kendra, probably.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/05/2015 3:49 AM

"Good to hear!" Agni smacked a talon to her forehead as if she were saluting an army in front of her. "And with that... Let's march!"

Agni whipped her tail around with remarkable speed; almost as remarkable was that she didn't hit anything. For how spotaneous and erratic she seemed, she actually seemed to have remarkable control over her movements. "Now! Company... MARCH!"

Agni darted through the trees, preferring her large larger size now, in case of a threat. The ground beneath them began to roll and slope away--they were going down the mountain. The trees remained thick, which was probably a good thing--if anyone lost their footing on the slippery, stony ground, the trees would be nearby to catch them. Agni seemed extremely sure of her footing, however, and moved at speed. Even as the land became quite drastically tilted, she seemed to have no problem traipsing over the steep mountainside.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 04/08/2015 11:22 AM

Arano followed a safe distance behind the large dragon, a nervous tension in his shoulders as he padded through the trees. This, at least, was more his element than those hot springs. While a part of him wanted to run off ahead and find the cave himself, something else held him back to walk closer to Kendra. Of the two beings he was currently traveling with, he preferred Kendra. She was smaller and kept her powers fairly contained, from the looks of things, even if she did get the trees a little frosty.

Arano glanced up at the trees, frowning at their silence. "Worried... I am worried, about this cave," he murmured, flicking his tails. "How are we certain we can trust the fire beast? I am worried," he repeated himself, keeping his voice very low as he looked at Kendra.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[9]

Postby Indigo » 04/17/2015 2:31 AM

Kendra followed without much difficulty; the ice-power situation had given her plenty of opportunities to practice walking on slippery ground over the years. Her main trouble continued to be keeping her frost from doing too much damage to the trees.

She didn't think Arano was actually talking to her, but he did look at her as he muttered, so at the very least she couldn't be faulted for responding. "I see no reason to distrust her," she said quietly, "but if you must, what could be safer from fire than a cave?" She wouldn't mind being down there, herself; patches of extreme cold would be a welcome relief after this forest.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Freezair » 04/21/2015 3:07 AM

Agni overheard, of course. Sure, her mind could wander at times, but her ears were always sharp and alert! They were talking about her. Speculating. Doubting.

Any sane person would probably be offended. Of course, Agni wasn't a person--she was a fairy.

"You wonder about me, huh?" She spun herself around and started walking downhill backwards, staring at them while never once stumbling. "Well think about this then! You're both super magic, so you'd know if I was full of that gross dark stuff, right? Not to mention, if I was evil, what would I want from you guys, hmm? What'd be my motive for attacking you?"

She pointed at Arano--walking backwards on three legs without looking over her shoulder. "You're a big powerful spirit guy, but what about you?" She aimed at Kendra. "You're strong, but why would I attack you? I'm a fairy, so I don't need money! MMmnope! And also as a fairy, all that balance of nature stuff is important to me too, because if any of it goes out of whack, so do I! So that takes you out," she said, whipping back to Arano. "And if I wanted to mug you guys, I coulda done it WAY long ago! We were already super alone out in those woods. It woulda been easy. But I didn't!

"But I totally get if that's not enough for you," she nodded. "If there's anything else I can do to prove to you that I'm trustworthy, I so will!"

She said it without a hint of irony or sarcasm. Her sincerity would have been bizarre from any other person. But again--fairy.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/01/2015 10:13 PM

Arano's tails flicked uneasily at Kendra's comment. "Caves hot, she said. Caves also cold, she said. Neither are pleasant," he explained, fidgeting slightly, and he jumped as Agni showed signs of having heard him, seeming to shrink slightly under her large shadow. He listened, ears back, and they slowly circled forward again as he considered her words. "I... suppose," he murmured, wincing at himself for being so cowardly. He was a prince of the forest, a guardian! He had no time to be afraid of fire fairies.

Even very large, rather scary draconian ones. Arano nodded slowly, realizing his own foolishness, but his pride wouldn't quiet let him let it go. "I have not walked with you enough. Need more time to pass proper judgement on your trust...able...ness," he finished, stumbling over the last word as he walked a little more stiffly, as it to seem more confident and failing miserably. He could've sworn he heard a tree chuckle at him.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

[10]

Postby Indigo » 06/11/2015 1:49 PM

Kendra didn't bother to argue the "super magic" point, since the fairy didn't seem like she'd be easily dissuaded from the idea, and perhaps by comparison to some people...she did feel something of a pang at letting such a statement go unchallenged, but now was not the time. She couldn't help but smile at the presented arguments. "I don't think I have much to worry about, anyway. I'll have patches of cold to draw on for power, should it be necessary. I can't help but think that if you were going to harm me for some reason, you wouldn't lead me to such a place."

She wouldn't have said she trusted the fairy, exactly; she wouldn't have said she exactly trusted anyone, except perhaps for Mr. Phipps. But she certainly didn't have a reason to distrust her more than anyone else.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext