As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: You Failed Me [P][M: L, V, S]

Postby AuroraSky » 09/28/2015 3:52 PM

Caligula brushed past Seeksoul, his robes flowing behind him and nearly entangling themselves between Seeksoul's feet. The demon stepped away. "You sound surprised?" Caligula called over his shoulder, returning his blueprints to his desk. Seeksoul could tell he was trying not to make eye contact with him, and he could feel himself begin to bristle. "I am surprised." He said quietly.

"You summoned me to bring the death of the Archduke. Not to stand against an entire kingdom with your army of freaks." Seeksoul said through gritted teeth. Caligula picked up his quill and began scribbling something down. "I thought you would be pleased." He answered simply.

[58][30][28]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/28/2015 3:56 PM

"Pleased?!" Seeksoul asked incredulously. His eyes began to glow fiery blood. "Why would I be pleased that you pledged me to die in battle?" He demanded.

"You cannot be killed, only banished." Caligula reminded him.

Seeksoul closed his eyes in an effort to hone his patience. "I still feel pain, you-" Moron, he had wanted to finish, but knew it wouldn't have been wise. He sighed. "I do not wish to be under your command any longer. If your goal is no longer to kill the Archduke then I should be released from my servitude." Seeksoul said, clasping his hands behind his back.

[59][31][29]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/28/2015 3:59 PM

"You wish to be freed?" Caligula asked, turning to raise his eyebrows at Seeksoul.

The demon nodded. "Yes." He said firmly.

"You wish to be banished back to the depths of Hades' lair, Seeksoul?" Caligula asked, the look on his face almost one of amusement. "Is working under me honestly that terrible for you?" He asked, the slight play of a grin on his lips. Seeksoul bristled again, clenching his jaw so tightly the human teeth might have shattered in his mouth. "Yes." He answered honestly.

[60][32][30]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/28/2015 4:02 PM

"I have half a mind to be offended." Caligula said with a frown. "Why go back to the depths of hell when up here I can make you a king?"

Seeksoul snorted. "You will never make me a king. You wish ultimate power for yourself; making me a king would never work for you." Caligula considered this for a moment, then gave a half hearted shrug. "Perhaps you are right. Or perhaps I consider that I myself should be..." He brushed his fingers along the golden fixtures of his desk. "More than a king."

Seeksoul narrowed his eyes. "How can you be more than a king of Skytaen?" He asked. "Skytaen is must a kingdom. To be more than a King you would need to have more than just Skytaen-"

[61][33][31]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/28/2015 4:05 PM

His eyes narrowed further. "...Which is, just what you have in mind, don't you?" Seeksoul asked him, rubbing his hands over his face in exasperation. How did this all get so far? How did Caligula go from just the simple slaying of an old man to all of this? "You mean to take Evelon in its entirety."

Caligula grinned at Seeksoul maniacally, the whites of his eyes practically glowing with his madness. "Indeed, Seeksoul. Indeed." He grabbed up the blueprints then, and waved them in Seeksoul's face. "With all of this, why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I have all the sun touches? This is the key, Seeksoul, don't you see?"

[62][34][32]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:15 PM

Seeksoul did see. Seeksoul saw that Caligula had evidently lost his damn mind somewhere along the way of a simple assassination plot. What Caligula had planned was an abomination. It was unnatural, and it defied the Gods in every respect. And yet...Seeksoul grabbed the parchment out of the Lord's hands and scanned over it again. And yet, reading it over, Seeksoul couldn't help but get the feeling that no matter how convoluted and diabolical Caligula's plans were...they would work.

He looked up at Caligula then with the realization. It would work. If Caligula could actually pull this off, which Seeksoul was quite on the fence about in the first place, then it would work. Caligula would seize Evelon and everything within it. It would work. And Caligula had been willing to make him a King.

[62][34][32]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:18 PM

Seeksoul knew he had a choice then. He could cut his losses and wish to be freed from Caligula's clutches. Return to the underworld and wait until he was summoned again to a new, perhaps more sane master. It would be easy, and he would never have to see Caligula again. He could be dead to him. And that would have been nice.

Or.

Seeksoul could jump on this bandwagon of batshit. He could join Caligula, and help Caligula win the battle against Evelon. It would be intense, it would be hard work, but in the end Caligula would make him a King. And he would never have to be a slave to anyone ever again, no matter who tried to summon him. He could be free. He raised an eyebrow at the Lord. "A King, you say?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/08/2015 12:24 PM

Caligula moved to step behind Seeksoul, a smug grin on his face. He knew he nearly had Seeksoul. "A King." He repeated earnestly, resting his hands on Seeksoul's shoulders. The demon didn't move, only listened. "Which kingdom is it that you desire the most?" Caligula asked him. "Nodia? The mermaids there are beautiful and quite easily persuaded. The sirens could destroy any fleet for you at just one command. Or Aldrect? In all its ostentatiousness? Or-"

"Skytaen." Seeksoul cut him off. "I wish to have Skytaen." Yes, that was the kingdom he wanted. He knew he could have thought bigger, but he wanted Skytaen. He wanted the head of Command on a silver platter, and he wanted to take Arcane as his own. Seeksoul hadn't decided whether he would kill her or take her as his whore, but there was plenty of time for that. "Skytaen." He repeated again, more sure of it now than before.

[64][36][34]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer