As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

You Failed Me [P][M: L, V, S]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 3:52 PM

Hands clasped behind his back and his permanently displeased expression on his face, Lord Caligula peered out the castle window. For what could have been hours he had been standing there, gaze fixated on the rope bridge that had ran over the mouth of the volcano and straight into his castle. He had watched it swing back and forth from the occasional gust of wind, or the scalding, hot air that would come from the lava far down below, he had located every damaged plank of wood, he had noticed every weakness in the railing; you would have thought the rope bridge had been something interesting.

In truth, Lord Caligula had no interest in rope bridges. What he was more interested in was who was supposed to be coming across. And the one he was waiting for was very, very late.

[1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: You Failed Me [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 3:58 PM

Madame pushed open the door to Caligula's quarters, balancing a silver tray with two rather large glasses of wine and a dish with wafers from the kitchen. She pushed the tray through and held the door open with her foot, glancing over at Caligula, who had still been at the same spot she had left them in. "A little help over here?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. When Caligula didn't answer her, she wasn't surprised, but certainly annoyed. Rolling her eyes she fought her way through the door without a spill, and once she was in the clear she smoothed back down any hair that might have fallen out of place.

Madame sauntered to Caligula's desk, pushing over some parchment with a bunch of angry looking words she didn't care about. It was only then that she had caught Caligula's attention.

[2][1]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:02 PM

Caligula turned his head, just slightly so his gaze didn't have to avert from the bridge, in Madame's direction. "Woman, be careful with that parchment." He growled. "They are of the utmost importance. More important than the likes of you would understand."

Madame rolled her eyes at him and gently set the tray down at the edge of his desk. Once it was secure, she began to, very carefully, shuffle his parchment papers into a pile that was far neater than the mess they were in before. "If they are so important, why'd you just throw them around like that?" She asked him, pushing the tray onto his desk more securely now. If there was one thing that hurt the Madame's heart, it was a spilled glass of good wine. And Caligula always had the good stuff. "What are you even still doing at that window?"

[3][2]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:10 PM

Caligula huffed at her. She had been pestering him with the same question ever since he had started standing there, and he was tired of having to repeat himself over and over again. Then again, Caligula was not sure why he had been so surprised; whores were often stupid, and this one was no exception. "As I've told you before," He started, his voice laced with impatience, "I am waiting for my employee to return."

"You mean that scary guy who looks like he's in desperate need of a tan and a vacation?" Madame asked, picking up her glass and bringing it to her lips. When in the company of Caligula, it was usually wise for her to be as drunk as possible. He could be absolutely insufferable when he was in one of those moods, and boy was he in one of those moods. "I'm sure when he gets here he'll just knock or something. Why do you have to wait for him, all desperate like that, like you're waiting for your husband to return from sea?"

[4][3]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:14 PM

Caligula shifted from one foot to the other, enraged by her comment but willing himself not to strike her. Though Madame often drove him up the castle wall, she was good at what he hired her for and he knew if he kept laying a hand on her she would cut off her services to him for good. He could have always just killed her, if she did decide to abandon him, but then she would be of no use to him completely. "He went on an important mission for me," Caligula said through gritted teeth. "And he should have been back by now."

Madame took another sip. There was that word again: important. Everything was important to Cal. Everything so rushed and hasty and hush hush; he was so dramatic. "So, what?" She asked, leaning against the desk. "You think something might have happened to him? Like he got killed or something?"

[5][4]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: You Failed Me [P][M: L, V, S]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:19 PM

Now, that was an interesting inquiry. Could a demon, at least a demon like Seeksoul, be killed? Banished back to hell, of course, but truly killed? Caligula considered it might be possible, but highly unlikely. Besides, it would be quite difficult for the Archduke's drones to actually kill Seeksoul, if they even could. "I'm not sure." He answered, his eyebrows crunching together. After everything that he had gone through to summon Seeksoul in the first place, it would have made Caligula quite angry if his little pet had gotten killed so soon. "Probably not."

"Maybe he decided to quit, or something. Decided that you were too much of a pain in the ass to work for anymore." Madame suggested, popping a wafer into her mouth. Caligula had to smile at that one. "That might be true as well." Though Caligula knew that Seeksoul was bound to him, it was not uncommon for Barghests to roam about the mortal world a little longer than they needed to. And Caligula, even he knew, was a pain in the ass.

[6][5]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:23 PM

Madame swirled her wine in its glass. "What kind of mission did you send him on?" She asked. But even though she had, it had been mostly to make conversation. Caligula was the secretive type, many of her clients were, and rarely shared the innerworkings of his business with her. The guy was such a screwball, though, that she was a little grateful for that fact.

"A little...information gathering." Caligula answered hollowly. That was a close enough answer; Caligula had sent Seeksoul to Roraldi after discovering that the Archduke was to take an unguarded stroll through their with one of his students. Seeksoul was not to confront the Archduke unless he had a crystal clear shot at the old man. The moment that Seeksoul revealed himself was the moment that Caligula lost all chance of spontaneity in his plot, and his plot relied greatly on the Archduke being too great a fool to see what was right behind him.

[7][6]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:29 PM

Madame knew there must have been a great deal more to what it was that Caligula's freak was up to, but decided to preserve her deniability. She swooped the other glass off the tray and sashayed over to her lover, resting her chin on his shoulder and handing him the glass. "Well why don't you give yourself a little break?" She crooned into his ear. "You look so tense; let me give you a little relief."

Caligula considered this for a second. Another romp with the whore would have taken his mind off of things, and the wine she was offering him had been aged to perfection, he knew. It was all very, very tempting...But, alas, Caligula had more important things to attend to than the whore and her devil's elixir. "Why don't you relieve yourself?" He said, taking a small step away from her and keeping his gaze firmly fixed on the bridge.

[8][7]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:34 PM

Madame thought she had him for a moment, she did, but then Caligula had reverted to his same old grumpy self. Her jaw clenched; she was not a woman so often ignored, and she didn't take to it very well. Well, if that was the way Caligula wanted it, then fine, she knew when she was being dismissed. "Maybe I will." Madame spat back to him, dumping his wine into hers and turning on her heel. She would finish this glass and then get the hell out of this hellhole.

Spinning on her heel, Madame marched over towards the door, downing the wine as she went. But as soon as she had placed her hand on the door knob came Caligula's iron voice, "And just where is it that you think you're going?"

"You said to relieve myself of your company." She reminded him angrily.

[9][8]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/05/2015 4:40 PM

"Stupid woman," Caligula said, his voice oddly gentle. "I did not say to relieve yourself of my company." He said, still not turning to face her. His head tilted thoughtfully. "I simply told you to relieve yourself."

"And just what the hell is that supposed to mean?" Madame demanded, looking around the lord's quarters. The place was as void of life as it could get, with everything made of iron, wood, or chains. The only light came from a few pathetic little lamps or the orange glows from the lava. Caligula didn't even have a television or magazines, and all of the books that had been lined up on his desk, if Madame was ever truly bored enough to read, were in some language she had never seen before. Caligula so loved playing with her like this.

In response, though, Caligula pointed back to his bed. "I said to relieve yourself. So go over there and do it."

[10][9]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/06/2015 9:49 AM

It had taken Madame a few moments to understand just what it was the lord was asking her to do. When it did finally occur to her, she had glanced at the bed hesitantly. It wasn't as if pleasuring herself was a new concept, in her line of work you certainly couldn't rely on the clients to get you to that place, but she had never done such a thing in front of Caligula. The man was so full of modesty sometimes; his request made her uneasy.

Yet, he continued to point in the directions of his sheets and Madame sighed, knowing she really didn't have a choice. Caligula was a bastard, but he paid well and on time, so why not? She let go of the door knob and sauntered her way over to the sheets, climbing to the middle of the bed. When he heard her settle into the mattress, he lowered his finger, but still did not turn to her. "Are you going to watch?" Madame asked him, eyebrows raised.

[11][10]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/06/2015 9:55 AM

"If I so please." Caligula answered her. Madame waited for a moment, staring at his expectantly, but the old man did not seem as though he would let his attention stray from the window anytime soon. As she slid her underwear down, Madame wondered what kind of mission Caligula's 'employee' had gone on to have the lord so tightly wound like this. She thought of asking him a few more questions, but decided she had already annoyed him enough for now. "If you insist." Was all that she said in response.

Caligula waited until he began to hear Madame's mewls of contentment before he allowed his mind to wander. Night had almost fallen upon them now, and yet Seeksoul had still failed to return to him. The likelihood that the demon had been killed, though however unlikely, was beginning to look like the reality of the situation more and more. "Seeksoul, where are you?" He hissed under his breath.

[12][11]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/06/2015 10:03 AM

There wasn't much left to go, Seeksoul saw. He had been climbing the mountain for quite some time now, and failure had exhausted him. The higher he climbed the more blazingly hot it became, and he was sweating right through his wool sweater, which Seeksoul now knew had been a mistake to wear. He had long loosened his tie from his neck, and his hair had wilting from the heat and Seeksoul had been miserable. Wiping his brow, Seeksoul decided that the one thing that he did not miss from the mortal world was the fucking heat.

But looking up now, Seeksoul could see the two stumps where the robe bridge was tied, and finally he had felt a little relief. Once he returned to the castle he could get himself a drink of water, a nice bathe, and if the whore was still around he'd take a go at her. "Almost there." He hissed to himself. Another thing he did not miss about the mortal world was mortal weakness. Mortals were always so tired and limp, and his current body was no different. He wiped his brow again, cursing.

[41][13][12]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/06/2015 2:54 PM

Caligula glared down at the rope bridge. There was no one yet; it had just continued to swing back and forth, the wooden planks bathed in the glow from the lava. As the sun descended, Caligula's view over the volcano made quite a specular sight and might have impressed him had he not been standing and waiting for Seeksoul's return. He shifted to the other foot, quickly losing patience and feeling that familiar clamminess in his palms that usually meant he was losing his temper.

But then, a shadow emerged from over the side of the volcano, and when Caligula had squinted he could see a pale hand finding the railing of the bridge. It was unmistakable as the shadow took its first step; Seeksoul had returned. Caligula did not know whether to be pleased that the demon had returned, or furious that he had kept him waiting. "Seeksoul has arrived." He informed the whore.

[42][14][13]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/21/2015 5:40 PM

Seeksoul glanced up towards the highest castle tower. Though he could not see him from where he was, Seeksoul had no doubt that Caligula had been waiting there with the ever so displeased frown on his face. The lord was an impatient one, and Seeksoul had kept him waiting long. It hadn't been his fault; he had timed everything ever so perfectly...or so he had thought. The Bruma and the girl were to be in Roraldi, alone, and he was to ambush the two. The Archduke he would have killed, of course, execution style. Seeksoul might have taken the girl as a gift to himself.

But that had all been shot to shit. And all because of that blasted Arcane, who Seeksoul foolishly hadn't even seen coming. She had ruined everything. And now Seeksoul would have to answer for it.

[43][15][13]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer