As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: You Failed Me [P][M: L, V, S]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/21/2015 5:45 PM

Enough had been enough. Breathing in, Seeksoul felt the familiar ache as his bones began to shift within him. The mortal body screamed, but Seeksoul had grown use to the pain of his spine extending and curving, his fingers cracking into claws, and his jaw thickening. In just a few moments he was back to his Barghest form, where he felt the most comfortable, and the feeble rope bridge that stretched across the volcano would no longer serve to be a problem.

Seeksoul lunged forward and glided along the bridge, as effortless as a bird through the air, the furious heat barely scraping his stomach. His eyes gleamed, red as the lava, and in no time he was safely on the drawbridge of Caligula's domain.

As safe as he could be.

[44][16][14]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/25/2015 1:14 PM

Madame slid her fingers from out of her undergarments and sat up in the bed. She drew her sheets around her nervously, hearing the clack of Seeksoul's claws ascending the tower stairwell from even this far away. The Barghest had always frightened her, spirits always did, and she was even more anxious at the showdown that might occur once he came.

In no time at all, there were three firm raps on the heavy wooden door. Caligula still had not turned from his spot, but did call out a gruff "Enter." The door swung open at once.

[45][17][15]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/25/2015 1:19 PM

Seeksoul stood in the doorway, first noticing the Madame curled up in Caligula's bedsheets. She had been eyeing him, the familiar look of terror in her gaze, and he grinned wickedly at her, licking his lips. Her eyes quickly averted down into her lap. Next, he noticed the Lord standing before the window, his hands clasped so tightly behind his back he might have been bruising the skin. If Seeksoul focused his eyes enough he could see the tiny, angry vein in the Lord's neck bulging out, and he wanted to roll his eyes. "My Lord." He greeted airily.

There was a tense moment of silence before, "You keep me waiting for so long, you ungrateful little twit, and it is only My Lord you come here with?" He demanded, still watching the lava stir from below.

[46][18][16]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/25/2015 1:24 PM

Seeksoul closed his eyes for a brief moment, trying to keep his own patience. If Caligula had been made upset by Seeksoul's tardiness, then the demon could not imagine what the Lord would do once he delivered the news that he had failed in his quest. "My apologies, milord." Seeksoul said, though it was hollow. "It's quite hard for me to operate this human vessel and I-"

"I care not for your lame excuses, Seeksoul." Caligula cut in swiftly. "But I might consider forgiving you if you have brought me the head of the Archduke." He held out his hand to his side, beckoning Seeksoul forward. The man could see that indeed, a ring of purple skin had formed around the Lord's wrist, and he sighed.

[47][19][16]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 08/25/2015 1:28 PM

Seeksoul paused, and glanced towards the whore, who had already seen that Seeksoul had come very much emptyhanded. She was as white as milk now, glancing nervously back and forth between the demon and the Lord. Seeksoul rolled his shoulders back and swallowed. "Unfortunately, milord, I am afraid that-"

"You are afraid that what?" Caligula's voice had lowered threateningly, and though Seeksoul did not fear him, it was rare that Seeksoul felt something as trivial as fear, he was not looking forward to what was to come.

"I am afraid that I was unable to slay the Archduke as you had asked me to-"

[48][20][17]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/26/2015 10:37 PM

"You worthless, despicable, waste of cosmic energy." Came the immediate barrage. "Utter weakling. Insignificant. Complete abortion." Seeksoul flinched, catching himself before he lost his restraint completely. It wouldn't have taken much, Seeksoul guessed, to glide across the room and get his hands around the Master's throat. Then all it would be was just one good wring-

"My God Seeksoul, what more do you need? What more could you possibly need for me?" Caligula demanded, whirling around the face the demon. His face was puffed with rage and his skin was fighting over whether to pale or darken. From the side, the Madame could see that terrifying little vein pumping out of his temple, and she drew the sheets up closer, her nearing orgasm long forgotten.

[49][21][18]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/26/2015 10:41 PM

"I resurrect you from the depths of hell, I provide you a human vessel, I give you the highest level of weapons technology that can be afforded and," Caligula exhaled sharply, running his hand through his slicked back hair. His eyes shut closed and he paused, fists clenching and unclenching as he struggled to find his composure. Seeksoul blinked at him, unamused by his outburst. "There were complications." He explained quietly. "The agency-"

Caligula held up a finger. "If I hear another word about that godforsaken agency from you one more time I swear..." The finger retreated into his trembling fist, and his eyes opened. The hazel burned furiously. "You are a demon, Seeksoul. Why is it that you allow mortals to inhibit you?"

[50][22][19]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/26/2015 10:46 PM

Why is it that I take orders from mortals, either? Seeksoul had wanted to fire back, but instead bit his tongue. "Whether you like it or not, S16 is a..." His mouth twisted into a look of disgust. "Formidable defense." He finished, clasping his hands behind his back. Caligula gave a dry laugh to that. "Right indeed, Seeksoul." He said, turning back to face the window. He placed his hands on the sill and leaned forward. "I don't like it."

"My lord, now that S16 knows that we've mobilized-"

"No doubt they'll send the entire cavalry after us." Caligula finished for him, staring out at the lava down before him. For a second he thought to hurl himself right over and into it. "Which means the next phase of my plan will have to come much sooner than I had planned."

[51][23][20]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/26/2015 10:50 PM

Seeksoul glanced up at him, a frown instantly spread across his face. "The next part of your plan?" Seeksoul questioned, raising his eyebrow. What other part could there be? Once the Archduke was dead, Seeksoul should have been released from Caligula forever. That had been what Seeksoul had been promised. That had been the agreement. "Yes." Caligula answered firmly. "You see-"

"Perhaps such matters are best discussed alone." Seeksoul interjected, giving the Madame a nasty look. From the bed, she rose the sheet higher and struggled to avoid looking at the demon. Caligula turned to Seeksoul, confused, then back over at the Madame. For the first time in a while, Caligula erupted into a genuine laugh. "Seeksoul, don't tell me you fear a betrayal from the whore?"

[52][24][21]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/26/2015 10:56 PM

Caligula strolled to the bed, grinning. "Believe me, the whore knows better than to betray me." He said, gesturing for the Madame to come closer to him. It had taken a second, but the terrified woman begrudgingly made her way over to sit by Caligula, her arms folded tightly across her chest. "She knows that betraying me would mean certain, horrible consequences, wouldn't it?" He asked, pouting mockingly and squeezing the Madame's face roughly between his fingers. "She wouldn't dare." He made a kissy face at her. "She knows to be a good little pet for me."

Still, Seeksoul looked unconvinced, and Caligula could tell. Rolling his eyes, Caligula released his grasp on the Madame and shooed her. "Freshen our drinks." He commanded. The Madame eagerly complied, grabbing up the untouched tray and disappearing out the door, sure not to look at Seeksoul as she did.

[53][25][22]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/27/2015 12:48 PM

Seeksoul watched the whore icily as she fumbled for the tray, then flattened herself against the wall to be as far away from him as she slipped outside of the bedchamber. Only when the door had been shut firm, and Seeksoul could hear her hurried footsteps down the stairwell, did he turn his attention back to the lord. "Phase two." He repeated.

Caligula nodded. "Ah, yes. Phase Two." He walked over to his desk, pushing aside parchment until he found what he was looking for. He smiled gleefully, handing it to Seeksoul, who reluctantly took it from him. "You see, Seeksoul, before, my vision was so....small." He began, grimacing at himself. "I foolishly believed that the death of the Archduke alone would be the undoing of Skytaen."

[53][25][23]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/27/2015 12:53 PM

"But things have changed?" Seeksoul questioned, for now ignoring whatever diabolical scheme the lord had handed him. The parchment already felt heavy in his hands.

"Oh, yes." Caligula answered, nodding gravely. "Back when I formulated my assassination plot, the Queen was new. Merely a sprite. Feeble, immature, rambunctious." He spat. "But age and the guidance of the Archduke have changed her. Transformed her into a leader much more capable than I could have ever imagined her to be." He frowned. "Meaning, if the Archduke were to die now-"

"The kingdom would mourn, but not fall." Seeksoul finished with a sigh.

"Yes." Caligula agreed. "Don't interrupt me."

[54][26][24]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/27/2015 12:57 PM

Seeksoul ignored him. "Which means that now..."

"Which means that now, if I am to ascend the throne and take Skytaen as my own, my plot must change. Expand. I will have to take Skytaen under siege; I see that it is the only way now." Seeksoul looked up at him, his expressions a mixture of bewilderment and impatience. His red eyes narrowed. "You old fool." He started, shaking his head at the lord. "Killing the Archduke is one thing, and is a task that has already proved to be nearly impossible. How do you expect me to go against the entire fucking cavalry, S16, and the Guardians once you declare war against Skytaen?"

[55][27][25]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/27/2015 1:01 PM

Caligula chose to look past his insolence, and instead gestured towards the parchment that was crumpled now in Seeksoul's fist. "Before you run your mouth off, demon, why don't you look at what I've given you?"

Seeksoul stared emptily at Caligula, then down at the parchment, then back at the lord. "This better be some plot you have..." He muttered under his breath before hastily unraveling the parchment. His eyes skimmed a few lines, then down at the diagrams, his face twisting into confusion and astonishment. Seeksoul looked over the parchment and back towards Caligula, who was watching him carefully. "This...this isn't possible." Seeksoul asked hesitantly.

Caligula beamed. "Oh, it's more than possible." He answered, coming to stand behind Seeksoul to peer over his shoulder. "In fact, the plan has already been put into motion."

[56][28][26]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 09/27/2015 1:05 PM

"Already put into-...How?" Seeksoul asked, turning to face the lord. "This is insanity. The forces of which you are toying with-"

Caligula raised his hand to stop him, his gaze hard upon Seeksoul. "Do not lecture me about the forces I deal with, boy." He spat at Seeksoul. "Do you think I have considered this route lightly?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at the demon. "This has all taken so much time, so much planning." He pulled the parchment from Seeksoul's grasp. "But I assure you, with this plan, we cannot fail."

Seeksoul raised his eyebrows at that dreaded word. "We?" He repeated.

[57][29][27]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer