As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Too Hot to Handle? [L] [Hunt]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:22 PM

Image Image
[Madness] [Zydrate]

"Why the hell were we sent out to the volcano?" One of a pair of Panzers growled in annoyance.

Both a Volcanic Panzer and Avalanche Panzer had traveled to the volcanic region upon the instruction to do so. Ironically, it was the Volcanic Panzer, whom was entirely at ease in the hot climate, that was doing the complaining. Although the heat did not bother her, it was not an environment she was all that familiar with. No, she was used to working in forests and cities, but not this. Her even greater concern was actually for her companion, worried that he would not do well in the heat.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Too Hot to Handle? [L] [Hunt]

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:25 PM

"There have been rumors," the Avalanche Panzer began his reply. "My mistress caught wind of rumors of some sort of strange, almost mystical creatures that can be found scattered across the lands. Perhaps it was curiosity that got the better of her, but she became very interested in them."

"We're out here to find one?" His companion, the female of the two, assumed. "Then why didn't she come search on her own? This is no place for you to be!"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:34 PM

"What would I be, if not loyal to my mistress?" Madness, the Avalanche Panzer responded with a question. He was loyal to Toxic, through and through.

Shaking her head, Zydrate sighed. "Your loyalty is beyond what many would imagine. This could be dangerous for you. You're built for the cold and the ice, not the heat and the lava."

"I would much rather be here, then to force you into my ideal environment," the male rebutted.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:36 PM

"Besides, are you not loyal to your own master?" He then questioned her. Zydrate had fallen silent at his previous statement. It both enraged her and delighted her, but he didn't give her the option of displaying either of these feelings. He used the question to stir her thoughts in that direction.

The female turned her head up and away from the male just ever so slightly. "That is beside the point," she answered.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:40 PM

"That is hardly beside the point. As you are loyal to him as I am loyal to my mistress, it is no wonder that we are both here. When they made this request of us, we could not turn them down," Madness went on.

"And I wonder why my master made this request of me in the first place?" Zydrate was fairly certain that Z didn't much care for whatever damned thing they were supposedly out searching for. It had to have been the woman's fault. If Toxic brought it up to Z, chances were he just went along with it to please her. Stupid men.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:43 PM

Madness knew, without a doubt, that Zydrate was likely correct in her assumption. Z wasn't the sort of person to be interested in this sort of thing. However, his mistress had shown both excitement and enthusiasm at the prospect of finding some sort of wonderful creature. Z would not have turned her down if she suggested sending the two of them out.

"It may be that this was all her doing," he allowed. "Yet, you still had the option of denying the request. We were not told that it was urgent or necessary."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 10/16/2015 2:46 PM

Madness' words, once again, made Zydrate fall silent. Oh, how she hated that she loved him some of the time. Things could never be simple with him. "I wanted to be with you," she eventually spoke, her words surprisingly honest, for her. "We were given the opportunity to see to a mission only as a pair, not with an entire team." How could she turn down some alone time with him? They rarely had a chance to be together, just the two of them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 6:22 AM

The Avalanche Panzer gave a purr that would have been identified as similar to a chuckle. Zydrate actually admitting that she only accepted the mission in order to have some alone time together was pleasantly surprisingly. Normally, she was not that honest with herself. Or with him.

"Well, there you have it," he said. "I would agree for the same reasons."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 6:24 AM

Even if the destination was Nori, a place not all too suitable for an Avalanche Panzer, he would agree any time. If it was something of a date with his mate, that is. In fact, he appreciated the offer, since it was not all that easy to get out of the house for such things. Working kept them both busy, as each were members of a rather well sized bounty hunter network. They each had very little free time on their hands. Well, paws.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 7:59 PM

Zydrate sighed when her mate gave the same answer as she had given. If he really wanted to travel around Nori for her sake, fine. There was little more that she could do. She could have fought and argued with him about it, maybe tried to force him to leave, but that would have wasted their precious time together. If they felt the same way, she decided it was best to enjoy themselves.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 8:01 PM

"Where should we begin?" She asked after a moment of silence. The female was not the best when it came to leading a casual conversation. All she could think of was matters of business, so that was exactly what she went with.

The Avalanche Panzer seemed to shrug. "I doubt we'll find any clues immediately. We'll just have to look around."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 8:04 PM

Well, that wasn't a helpful answer. The Volcanic Panzer just stared blankly at her partner. It was her form of a response.

Now it was Madness' turn to sigh, his tails twitching with mild annoyance. It looked as though she was leaving it all up to him to call the shots, which was a little unusual for her. It mostly happened when she intentionally wanted to be difficult.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/07/2015 8:06 PM

"Let's look for unusual tracks," he declared. "Not all that many creatures inhabit this area, for obvious reasons, so that may be our best bet in finding a lead." Of course, it was just as likely that they would come across something that they weren't actually looking for. Still, they had to take that chance. It was doubtful that they would run into something more terrifying than two Panzers.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2015 8:08 PM

With his instructions, the Volcanic Panzer finally began moving again. She chose not to climb straight up towards the mouth of the volcano, expecting it to get warmer the higher they went. Instead, she went at a more diagonal path. The last thing she wanted was for her mate to become too strained in this environment.

Madness, at first, followed after Zydrate, but soon joined her by her side. Their paces matched up perfectly.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 12/22/2015 8:14 PM

The male of the duo's gaze shifted all about them, attentively seeking out any footprints or anything else that may have seemed out of the ordinary. Nothing really caught his attention, though.

On the other hand, the female was putting in considerably less effort. Her eyes remained mostly on the path that she was taking, not paying much attention to their surroundings.

After a few minutes of silence, Madness' eyes shifted toward his mate. "Are you putting in genuine effort?" he wondered out loud. He knew the answer already, but could not help but to ask.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next