As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Wrong Turn [P] Quest

Postby Middy » 10/20/2016 2:33 AM

Livie was sure that she read the map right, but if her current location had anything to say about it, then that was a big no. She gave a long, drawn-out sigh as she stared up at the volcano. The only saving grace here is that she lived in extremely hot climates to begin with. Well, since she was in the area, it might be worth checking it out. Who knows what kind of treasures could be found in a place so hot and dangerous?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Wrong Turn [P] Quest

Postby Middy » 10/23/2016 1:30 PM

Okay maybe she wasn't the best treasure hunter in the world, but she still found the prospect exciting! In reality though, she was a ghost hunter. Still, shouldn't her experience in exploring odd areas come naturally? Livie sighed, glancing at the map again then back at the volcano. If anything, it would be a fine detour before the next big case came up. Begrudgingly, she took on her placid form and began to fly towards the infernal mountain.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/29/2016 2:54 PM

Upon landing near the volcano itself, Livie spotted something glinting within the basalt. For all she knew, it could be a treasure just waiting to be snatched up! Without hesitation she flew down to the spot, intent on finding what caught her eye before. To her disappointment however, it was just a shining chunk of obsidian that caught the light. "Drat!" she said with a huff. It could have been a big find, oh well, she could only continue her search now.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/29/2016 4:15 PM

It was so much cooler on the surface, but hot enough to keep him happy. He had been sent topside as a punishment, but he didn't really care. A nice little vacation from hell would be just fine. Nizear ran across the black rock, tail up and nose to the ground. Everything was so unfamiliar to him, but the novelty of exploring something new kept the hound happy. So long as he got something good and fun out of his 'punishment' then he wouldn't mind it too much. Faust was always such a jerk about things, if he didn't want him digging in his bone hoard, then why keep it in his sight?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 4:37 PM

Livie decided to ascend back into the skies to do another aerial search of the area. Nothing too interesting so far, until she noticed something below that was... moving? Quickly, she flew down towards the figure, immediately noticing a canine shape. Was there a lost dog? When she got closer, she could make out a pitch black pelt, highlighted with fiery markings and--- glowing eyes!? She lost her concentration, finding the hound to be a bit shocking, causing her to crash land nearby.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 4:40 PM

Nizear's ears perked up, not noticing the dragon-like shadow that had been trailing him. He lifted his head, hearing something crash nearby, and thought it was best to investigate. There was nothing on the surface for him to fear right? The hellhound padded over towards the downed paragon, sniffing around her. She was... unconscious? What would cause a sky born creature to crash like this, unless they were totally clueless on how to fly. It would be useless to attack or kill the creature, not when he was curious about it. Carefully, he lifted a paw and tried to rouse her.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 4:52 PM

Livie slowly came to, feeling a hot paw push at her shoulder. She must have gotten freaked out by the sight and crashed, however she didn’t feel like she was too injured. The placid rolled over to face whatever was touching her, and was met with the same eerie glowing eyes that had startled her.

“You’re awake,” the hound spoke, sitting down to appear more harmless to her.

“W-who are you?” she said, still trying to get her bearings.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 4:52 PM

Nizear smiled the best he could, “Nizear, I’ve been sent up here as a punishment. You had quite a fall there, what happened?”

She felt a little embarrassed now. This hound was clearly harmless (for now) and she had gotten so spooked by his appearance. How? She was a paranormal investigator, a ghost hunter! She had seen some frightful things in her time… maybe she was just not expecting something like him?

“Um well… I’m Livie and… I guess you just kind of spooked me.”
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 4:54 PM

"There is no reason to be frightened. I am a hellhound yes, but I mean you no harm. But I suppose my appearance can be a bit frightful."

Livie got to her feet, moving her position to sit in front of him, wings folded tightly against her back. There was still a sense of fear from him, but she just chalked it up to what he was. Who knows if he had some aura that would make those around him feel a sense of terror. "Oh well, that's good to know. I was really just here to find some treasure."

"Treasure?" he asked, ears perked up higher, "now that might relieve some boredom."
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/30/2016 5:58 PM

Did she really want this spooky individual to follow her around? She mulled it around in her head for a moment before giving a long sigh, "Well, I suppose you can follow me. You might prove to be a good guard just in case."

"Then, I will be the best guard you can have. If we find any treasure, it's all yours. I really have no need for human currencies or otherwise," anything to do really. Being stuck to just wander aimlessly wasn't his idea of fun, so why not follow some dragon thing around.

"Good. Then let's set off. Since you look like you are made for heat, let's start to go in further."

Nizear nodded, following Livie deeper into the volcanic landscape.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate