As an active volcano, few creatures venture near Nori for fear of being too close during an eruption. On most days there is a continuous slow flow of molten rock seeping through the mouth of the volcano, so travelers are advised to dress appropriately. (+2 to Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nori Volcano

Re: Fields Aflame (Self) [HUNT]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:19 PM

"You really must come with me next time, Lilyfer - the city is amazing! So many huge white buildings, towering into the sky, and so many people from all over - I bet you could sell your flowers there, too, for a huge profit!"

She grinned, and Lilyfer smiled despite himself; he envied her get-up-and-go attitude, but he was very attached to his home, and preferred experiencing things like the big city she described second-hand, especially when she was lit up with enthusiasm the way she was now.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2201
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:22 PM

"Where did you stay in Aldrecht? Was the inn still open when you got there?" Lilyfer knew that the best way to distract her from her attempt to persuade him to do something was to remind her of her unfinished story, and she didn't disappoint him, launching into her tale once more.

"The inn was gorgeous - they had a bunch of lemon trees growing in pots around the outside, and they made their own soap and lemon-based food, so everything smelled fresh and wonderful. Their lemon meringue pie was to die for! I ate three slices!" she announced, proudly.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:25 PM

"It sounds delicious" Lilyfer stated; he was very fond of lemon meringue pie, not that it could be found very often where they lived, but every so often someone would bring one by in exchange for bulbs or flowers, in lieu of standard payment.

"It was" she agreed, sighing heartily. "The inn's rooms were massive, and they insisted on feeding each guest before they went to bed, so I was able to get some supper. I was given breakfast the next morning, too - lemon curd tart and lemon sponge cake, with fresh lemon juice."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:27 PM

"It sounds like a lot of lemon, and a lot of sweet things" he pointed out gently. "What was it that they gave you for supper?"

"Oh, a delicious bit of roast tuskow and fresh vegetables. It was delicious, and very filling, but the pie was the real treat!" Vesta grinned, and patted her stomach gently.

"After breakfast, I paid my bill and left - I had a bit of time before I had to fly out, so I wandered around the market for a while."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:30 PM

"Were there a lot of different stalls that day?" Lilyfer had heard of the Aldrecht market, and he knew a couple of people had bought flowers from him specifically to sell there, but he had never seen it. He wasn't very comfortable with too much hustle and bustle, though it would be just up Vesta's street if it was alive and teeming with people.

"It was magnificent! People had goods from all over to sell - so many bright colours, and smells, and sounds!" Vesta took a deep breath, and Lilyfer cringed at the idea of so much noise and activity, though he tried not to let it show.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:35 PM

"I figured it would be a good idea to have some supplies on me, so I bought a backpack and waterskin from a leather merchant, a gorgeous woven poncho from a textile merchant which I have at home now, and some dried fruit, nuts and fish from the stalls that were around. I hadn't really thought about what to take with me, I have to admit, but there was a very large selection there."

She shook her head, and Lilyfer let out a soft chuckle.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:37 PM

"Once I had all my stuff, or at least what I thought I should take along, I flew out - I skipped the Whisper Forest, I flew over the trees to save time, but I couldn't see anything. The fog was too thick."

Lilyfer let out an involuntary shiver; they all knew the tales that were told about Whisper Forest, and the people who had gone into it, never to return, and he was very grateful his friend had been sensible enough to avoid it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:43 PM

"Did you go straight to the coast? Or did you pay the zoo a visit?" he asked, readjusting himself so his tail was more comfortable.

Vesta shook her head. "I tried to - you know me, I love looking at the animals. I asked in Aldrecht whether they were open, but I was told it's their off-season, so they're closed for maintenance. I went to Terrace Park, though - we should go and have a picnic there sometime. I accidentally spooked a pack of Mr Wilson, and they - well, let's just say they made a bit of a mess."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/01/2021 10:46 PM

Lilyfer winced, imagining some poor couple having their picnic interrupted by a sudden almighty rain of Mr Wilsons, and the mess that they would leave behind.

"That sounds horrible" he mumbled, and Vesta giggled loudly. "Okay, so it wasn't great, but the park itself is lovely - rolling green grass, a gorgeous lake, and a bunch of great shops nearby - I bet you could even get yourself something to use here, with your flowers." She sat down, and thumped her tail on the ground.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 03/05/2021 2:21 PM

Lilyfer sat down beside her, picturing the park without the image of people being bombarded by Mr Wilsons. He thought it sounded like a very peaceful place, and he was sure Vesta thought it would be right up his alley, but the thought of leaving his home, even for a short while, was off-putting. He knew his friend didn't quite understand his enthusiasm when it came to the volcano, but she couldn't feel what he could - the constant potential energy in the air, the soft thrumming of the earth beneath him, and the constant warmth that surrounded the area, even during the nights.

[Wild Pet Found]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous